• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Movie Plot Hole Thread

253 posts in this topic

Unleash your inner quibbles movie lovers.

In Terminator Salvation why doesn't Skynet just kill Connor's father (Kyle Reese) when they have him imprisoned instead of waiting for Connor to turn up and kill him?

Just watched it again but I still like the film.

Unleash your inner quibbles movie lovers.

In Terminator Salvation why doesn't Skynet just kill Connor's father (Kyle Reese) when they have him imprisoned instead of waiting for Connor to turn up and kill him?

Just watched it again but I still like the film.

I had a huge problem with John Carter's super strength. It was all over the road. Sometimes one Thark or one person would give him trouble. Other times he truly was like Superman. The only thing that was more annoying was the dog with super speed. :P

In Return of the Jedi how does a, and I quote, "Legion of the Emperors Best Troops" get beaten by a bunch of teddy bears with sharp sticks?

Trained for space battles, not heavy jungle guerilla warfare? (shrug)

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Why didn't they just fly the giant eagle to Mount Doom?

hm:facepalm:

Still enjoy the films, but damn. lol

This is so true in all respects.

Love the Lord of the Rings films. Then a boardie posted this insanely logical observation:

Like the trees, the Eagles were very reluctant to get involved at first considering it the affairs of mankind.

This is so true in all respects.

If you guys are talking about the Hobbit, this was answered in our Watercooler discussion here.

The book explained why they didn't. Jackson didn't explain it in the movie.

Still enjoy the films, but @#!*% . lol

Like the trees, the Eagles were very reluctant to get involved at first considering it the affairs of mankind.

Elrond should have gotten buy-in from all allies at his council. Didn't invite the Ents, didn't invite the eagles. doh!

Dan

Another quibble with Star Wars….

In Revenge of the Sith we are led to believe that Anakin killed children…. For me, there is no way back from that, no way of redemption from killing children. Lucas dropped the ball on that one.

That has never sat well with me and made me view the final scene of ROTJ completely differently afterwards. Now I am like "BURN VADER... BURN!!!"

In the Hobbit, the Dwarfs seem to have have microgravity stuck with them all the time - they don't fall off platforms even though the enemy stumbles backwards into the abyss if you tap them on the shoulder - and don't get me started on the mountain trek/stone giant thingamabob.

Back to the Future 2..Biff goes back to the 50's to change the future (which he does), but returns to an unchanged "normal" future in the 2000s where Marty and Doc still are, but when THEY go back to the 80s, the then present.is now all jacked up....wtf????

Skyfall - How did Bond survive being shot and falling into a river?? How the F did Bardem get out of a well guarded cell?? If Bond can easily get into M's apartment without her knowing, why couldn't Bardem do it and kidnap her??