• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoping to get a copy of Bone - One Volume today?

17 posts in this topic

It seems that Jeff Smith underestimated on the print run (10,000 ordered thru Diamond, only 5,000 printed).

I was lucky enough to get a copy, but at US$40 it's a great deal (since it reprints all 55 issues of the series). It's a whopping 1300+ pages and weighs about 6 lbs.

If you were interested in getting this book I suggest you try to get one asap or you will have to wait for Smith's second printing to arrive in a couple of months (or the Hardcover to arrive in November).

I did hear that they will have a limited number available for sale at the Cartoon Books booth at Wizard World Chicago next month.

Anyway, here's the story:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16177

Kev

I'm looking at it as I write this... it's actually quite flexible. It is somewhat smaller than your normal trade (although it is much thicker). I can hold it in my hand and read it, or set it down on my desk. It's only near the beginning and the end that the book tries to close itself.

The book opens quite wide and there seems to be no pressure on the spine.

There are a few things I could compare it to, such as an oversized volume of one of the Lord of the Rings books, or a thick softcover textbook or even a softcover version of the bible.

It seems that Jeff Smith underestimated on the print run (10,000 ordered thru Diamond, only 5,000 printed).

I was lucky enough to get a copy, but at US$40 it's a great deal (since it reprints all 55 issues of the series). It's a whopping 1300+ pages and weighs about 6 lbs.

If you were interested in getting this book I suggest you try to get one asap or you will have to wait for Smith's second printing to arrive in a couple of months (or the Hardcover to arrive in November).

I did hear that they will have a limited number available for sale at the Cartoon Books booth at Wizard World Chicago next month.

Anyway, here's the story:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16177

Kev

This Volume is available here at 30% 0ff Limited supply

web page

Thanks. Just ordered one from ebay. Only one that was listed tonight (less than an hour ago). smile.gif

"Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!!" 27_laughing.gif

Bone was one of the last new series I started reading before I left the comic hobby in 1994. It was pretty much the ONLY one worth reading when I quit. I'm stoked about this collected volume. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sure, but I'm not sure how the Amazon deal works. If Smith had only 5,000 copies printed for the direct market and it ordered 10,000... plus he ordered additional copies just for San Diego which he sold most of at the show... where does Amazon fit into all of that?

Sure, but I'm not sure how the Amazon deal works. If Smith had only 5,000 copies printed for the direct market and it ordered 10,000... plus he ordered additional copies just for San Diego which he sold most of at the show... where does Amazon fit into all of that?

Don't know. Maybe they'll get allocated. But I'll bet they don't sell out just based on pre-orders. And if they do, my brother is screwed because I got mine, baby! foreheadslap.gif

The Newsarama article says November for the hardcover, orderable in the next previews (out in late August).

He did have some hardcovers in San Diego, but sold out completely by Friday at $125 a pop.

Kev

I ordered the HC yesterday from DF for $77.50 (had a coupon for $10.00 off my next $40 or more order) + UPS S&H. They say the HC is in stock, but I doubt I will be one of the lucky few who gets one (They probably picked up quite a few at the SD comic-con, and are now putting them up for sale on their web-site). Like I said, I am low on their totem pole, so the book will probably be sold-out before they get to my order.

By the way, to the poster who is wondering why the HC is so expensive---it is because it is a limited SIGNED edition (limited to 2000 copies).

If I cannot pick up a first print of this book (soft or hard), I will probably walk away from it...never had a burning desire to pick up the book until the complete edition was announced.

Enjoy The Week!

Christopher H

For Toronto posters:

Silver Snail had one copy out on their bookshelf this afternoon (but that may be due to space limitations... given the volume of books they order they probably have a few more).

3rd Quadrant had one copy out as well. Darryl said he had a copy put away for himself.

Paradise had two copies left yesterday, probably gone by now... not sure about the Beguiling...

Kev