• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,732 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, spreads said:

I just pulled up GPA, this book is doing anything.  In fact, most sales across the board are lower than 2018 averages.  

You liar!

To clarify I was referring to the significant content inside that is prevalent to today.. pretty sad to see one of the best comics in all of history so disrespected..

23 minutes ago, littledoom said:

To clarify I was referring to the significant content inside that is prevalent to today.. pretty sad to see one of the best comics in all of history so disrespected..

Agreed, it's a fantastic book.  Perhaps it go overbought and sold for more than it should have....the other books all around there can be had for dirt cheap.  

54 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Just read it when I seen your post. So relevant. If word gets out to the young ones I can see it getting a boost. I like the book however I always thought it was over priced or where it should be. 1st bronze age, wow so exciting. Lower print number, harder to find in high grade but not a 1st appearance. That is all the rage today. 

10 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Just read it when I seen your post. So relevant. If word gets out to the young ones I can see it getting a boost. I like the book however I always thought it was over priced or where it should be. 1st bronze age, wow so exciting. Lower print number, harder to find in high grade but not a 1st appearance. That is all the rage today. 

For a non-bronze age key to increase in crazy prices it really has to have a first appearance.... but Batman 251 did well with the Joker movie.. not really a first app

GL 76 is a cool book and got hot during the 1st 10 years of the CGC era as a "scarce" book (relative to other Bronze) with only one 9.6 copy until a 2nd one popped up in late 2009. Current census shows 2 9.8's and 22 9.6's. Don't see much room for growth on this one any time soon, already too expensive for what it is.

Edited by drbanner

9 hours ago, littledoom said:

For a non-bronze age key to increase in crazy prices it really has to have a first appearance.... but Batman 251 did well with the Joker movie.. not really a first app

That's not a good comparison, Joker covers always sell for a premium.  Look at what the golden age Joker covers go for.....and there are many of them.  

1 hour ago, spreads said:

That's not a good comparison, Joker covers always sell for a premium.  Look at what the golden age Joker covers go for.....and there are many of them.  

but this is BA thread not a GA... so that's not a good comparison ;)

22 minutes ago, littledoom said:

but this is BA thread not a GA... so that's not a good comparison ;)

Fine.  But Batman 251 has been relatively steady for many years, it didn't have the speculator spike that GL 76 did.  The joker movie hasn't affected the pricing at all.  Chart below is GPA for a 5.0 over the last 12 years. 

251.thumb.png.513c46b520fc167d702bf9cc3025e5cc.png

15 hours ago, spreads said:
On 6/3/2020 at 12:25 AM, littledoom said:

Green Lantern 76 is doing something

I just pulled up GPA, this book is doing anything.  In fact, most sales across the board are lower than 2018 averages.  

You liar!

Maybe it's doing a tap dance, or a little jig. 

Like just about everything lately, Bronze Age books have been selling well . . . :banana:

On 6/18/2020 at 12:12 AM, divad said:

Like just about everything lately, Bronze Age books have been selling well . . . :banana:

I love Gray Morrow but I always thought Blade looked ridiculous on this cover. 

10 hours ago, comixry said:

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 (1981)  is heating up. Plenty sold over the weekend on feebay. 1st Firestar?

I've been meaning to pick one up for about 6 months but I guess I waited too long. :tonofbricks: I don't want to pay the prices it's going for now.  The prices are definitely going up because there is speculation of Firestar joining the MCU.

Edited by Xenosmilus

9 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

First in comics but not in continuity. (That would be Uncanny 193)

Will that matter? (I'm not trying to be argumentative LOL). Especially if they try and do a love triangle between Spidy and MJ or Iceman... I'm not 100% sure but I think they dated (maybe in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends?) but not sure where/when.  I heard it in MCUCosmic I think.

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

Will that matter? (I'm not trying to be argumentative LOL). Especially if they try and do a love triangle between Spidy and MJ or Iceman... I'm not 100% sure but I think they dated (maybe in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends?) but not sure where/when.  I heard it in MCUCosmic I think.

Also to add to the confusion, the storyline for Firestar Limited Series #1 published in March 1986 (a year after X-Men 193) takes place before events of X-Men 193. 

IMG-2581.jpg

5 minutes ago, comixry said:

Also to add to the confusion, the storyline for Firestar Limited Series #1 published in March 1986 (a year after X-Men 193) takes place before events of X-Men 193. 

IMG-2581.jpg

I would think 1st appreance in a comic would trump all....?