• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Will that matter? (I'm not trying to be argumentative LOL). Especially if they try and do a love triangle between Spidy and MJ or Iceman... I'm not 100% sure but I think they dated (maybe in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends?) but not sure where/when.  I heard it in MCUCosmic I think.

Nah! Who gives a monkey's tuss about Firestar?

15 hours ago, comixry said:

Also to add to the confusion, the storyline for Firestar Limited Series #1 published in March 1986 (a year after X-Men 193) takes place before events of X-Men 193. 

IMG-2581.jpg

Swarm......SWAAARRRMMM......

19 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Agreed. There are very few (if any) instances where IN CONTINUITY is worth more. BA12 vs Harley Quinn, Batman Beyond 1 vs Superman/Batman Annual 4, etc

True. But the first in continuity and the first issue of her own title will likely get a bump on any news; not as much as the first appearance, certainly, but they're still keys for that character.

14 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

They are concerned about their prostate and ed. Firestar isn't even on their radar. 

I don't know anyone my age who's concerned about their prostate. I don't know what 'ed' is, so perhaps that's a concern for my generation. I can assure you though that Firestar is popular for us thanks to the Saturday morning cartoon. That 'Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1' issue hasn't been cheap for many years, at least not the high grade copies. I will say though that it's always irked me that UX193 doesn't get more recognition for being Firestar's first in-continuity appearance. Even CGC ignores that little fact on the label. But Firestar's in-continuity appearance was the main selling point of that issue when it first came out.

14 hours ago, littledoom said:

nobody cares until a hollywood exec does

That's simply untrue. It's certainly more pronounced these days with the insta-hype internet machine. But there are popular issues / characters that Hollywood hasn't touched. Firestar has her fan base.

X-Men 193 was more significant to me for being the first appearance of Warpath / Thunderbird 2 in costume.

Edited by Ken Aldred