• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,750 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Macedoniagreece said:

If referring to the Astonishing tales , it's Man-Things 2nd overall appearance. But his first in comic format and in color. 

No. The $355 Spidey Super Stories 11 that I just sold on eBay. That is roughly 75x more than I thought it would sell for.

32 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

No. The $355 Spidey Super Stories 11 that I just sold on eBay. That is roughly 75x more than I thought it would sell for.

Did they pay?  If yes, like the Rock says, it doesn't matter.....

xoxo

greggy

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

It’s “high grade” and Doc Ock’s in the new Spider-Man movie ..  

Still doesn't make sense. That's a $20 book max (allegedly). There are 1000 random Doc Ock appearances (plus he's already been in a movie) and it's not like it's a 9.8. A 9.2 slab sold for $50 last year. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
7 hours ago, littledoom said:

It’s “high grade” and Doc Ock’s in the new Spider-Man movie ..  

Still doesn't make sense. That's a $20 book max (allegedly). There are 1000 random Doc Ock appearances (plus he's already been in a movie) and it's not like it's a 9.8. A 9.2 slab sold for $50 last year. 

The only way that book should have sold for $355 is if there were three hundred dollar bills and two twentys inside of it. 

8 hours ago, greggy said:

Make it relates to the Black Spider Woman appearance?

That's what I thought. There are web pages about it being the 'first Spider-Woman' appearance. 

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

If they pay I'll be surprised. Its not a $20 book, its a $5 book. Maybe $10.

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's what I thought. There are web pages about it being the 'first Spider-Woman' appearance. 

That's the only explanation i can think of, honestly.  I'm moving stuff to storage because of a fire in my building or I would dig out my copy to share a couple pages for reference

24 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Batman 313 absolutely exploding to new heights. It’s like a modern comico! $200 and $300 raw sales today! New Batman Tim Fox DC confirmation 

Wow, now I'll be able to trade a Bat313 Whitman variant for a Batman 324 Whitman variant and get change back!  And I've got a small stack of them.  At last, the DC Whitman heavy portfolio pays off!

15 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Census data has it at only (2) 9.6's and no 9.8's and only (1 ) 9.4. Black cover and probably not a ton of high grade out there. Not many have been graded either. Quite a few registry sets missing this issue.