• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Warlord said:

Wow, now I'll be able to trade a Bat313 Whitman variant for a Batman 324 Whitman variant and get change back!  And I've got a small stack of them.  At last, the DC Whitman heavy portfolio pays off!

Batman 324 is an underappreciated comic

19 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Spidey Super Stories #11 is the first Spider-Woman.

SSS#11 is a first Spider-Woman.  Not the character we all know as Spider-Woman.   She picks up Spidey's costume, modifies it, attaches suction cups, and off she goes to fight super-villains.  Ambitious, but a totally different character and abilities.   (until or unless there's a retcon!)   That doesn't mean that increasing attention to the issue won't drive up the price, as FlyingDonut just demonstrated, but if reality sinks in then the price will probably sink too.

SSS11.jpg.00a3a0cf17fef5bca1016d3970578e0e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Warlord said:

SSS#11 is a first Spider-Woman.  Not the character we all know as Spider-Woman.   She picks up Spidey's costume, modifies it, attaches suction cups, and off she goes to fight super-villains.  Ambitious, but a totally different character and abilities.   (until or unless there's a retcon!)   That doesn't mean that increasing attention to the issue won't drive up the price, as FlyingDonut just demonstrated, but if reality sinks in then the price will probably sink too.

Says right in the book "Spider-Woman". Came out before Spotlight #32.

Seems some are confused by my statement though.

5 hours ago, Warlord said:

SSS11.jpg.00a3a0cf17fef5bca1016d3970578e0e.jpg

So they paid nearly $400 for that? I am lost for words. o.O

14 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

If they pay I'll be surprised. Its not a $20 book, its a $5 book. Maybe $10.

VGish copies sold for around $15. If your's is a 9.0 or 9.2, what's the ratio? Should be $80-100?

10 minutes ago, the blob said:

Didn't even realize it was pre-MS 32. 35 cent cover price in 1975 when other comics were 25 cents confused me. 

Spidey Super Stories was always ad-free, other than a subscription ad.  So cheaper per page of content, but higher cover price.

I think the book is legitimately the first use of the Spider-Woman name by Marvel.  But it's stretching things beyond the breaking point to claim any meaningful connection to Jessica Drew or any other characters using the name.

I'll even argue Spidey Super Stories is, in general, an underrated title.  It's not nearly that underrated.