• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, the blob said:

cuz nobody actually reads these comics? I actually read the Thanos copter one. I am not sure why. It made about as much sense as one of those hostess fruit pie ads that are a one page comic.

It’s ridiculous.

Which is its charm.

7 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

It’s ridiculous.

Which is its charm.

I don't know when the hostess fruit pie thief ads started, but the thanos copter issue might have served as the foundation for those, making it even more of a key book

20 hours ago, batmiesta said:

It sure is, I have no idea what those books are. o.O

I am hunting for a batman 312, but suspect I do not have it as the cover does not look familiar. almost sure I do not have a GOT 2 as it probably didn't hit the dollar box and i would remember the cover, i think. i did find a batman beyond 3 while looking for the 312, and that gets some decent money too. and while randmoly digging an eternals 2 I had not found before and a TNMT #1 (4trh print) I had always assumed was a #3 book... apparently, it is not!

56 minutes ago, the blob said:

I am hunting for a batman 312, but suspect I do not have it as the cover does not look familiar. almost sure I do not have a GOT 2 as it probably didn't hit the dollar box and i would remember the cover, i think. i did find a batman beyond 3 while looking for the 312, and that gets some decent money too. and while randmoly digging an eternals 2 I had not found before and a TNMT #1 (4trh print) I had always assumed was a #3 book... apparently, it is not!

Batman 313? Or 312?

7 hours ago, the blob said:

I don't know when the hostess fruit pie thief ads started, but the thanos copter issue might have served as the foundation for those, making it even more of a key book

Spring of 1975. Daredevil #121 was the first Marvel comic to feature the “pie thief” ads.

Batman #313 features the first appearance (couple of panels, I think) of Lucius Fox's son, who apparently now is going to become the next Batman.  :eyeroll:

Batman #312 is the better choice, actually, as that one has artwork by the great Walt Simonson.  ^^

On 12/14/2020 at 7:26 PM, Zonker said:

Batman #313 features the first appearance (couple of panels, I think) of Lucius Fox's son, who apparently now is going to become the next Batman.  :eyeroll:

Batman #312 is the better choice, actually, as that one has artwork by the great Walt Simonson.  ^^

On 12/14/2020 at 11:42 PM, Warlord said:

Checking my dupes and discovered I added one to my hoard just in the last few months when I got a small stack lot that included these four.  The cost of the lot was under $2 a book.  Dumb luck, I'll take it.   :cloud9:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a677b0d91ab6797219ab16faec498a2a.jpg

So, what is the future of 313?  Going up or is it topped out at $300 ish for a vf? I wouldn't mind a hole in my pc for 3 bills.  Ebay fees are the worst, but that's where the eyes are. 

On 12/14/2020 at 9:42 PM, Warlord said:

Checking my dupes and discovered I added one to my hoard just in the last few months when I got a small stack lot that included these four.  The cost of the lot was under $2 a book.  Dumb luck, I'll take it.   :cloud9:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a677b0d91ab6797219ab16faec498a2a.jpg

I found a VF and a VG- in my various Batman boxes, but never thought to look in my Whitman box. I'll have to dig that up.

While it is already a mega-key, House of Secrets #92 is really seeing some crazy growth on the absolute bottom low-grade end. I love picking up whatever copies I can, so often track any copies that his Ebay and have been seeing the worst of the worst copies hit new record prices.

For example a beat up CGC 0.5 incomplete sold today for $504us (with 48 bids), which is up considerably from the last 0.5 incomplete which sold in August this year for $245. A 1.5 sold last month for $515, 1.8 for $600.

But oddly enough the grades above these are either the same price or lower, the costs for getting a copy between 2.5 and 4.0 are banding from $400 to $600 as well (which means either these will be pushed up in future copies or all these low end books will come down. There is a brand new Swamp Thing series launching early next year, so perhaps these are the other core fans who have always wanted a first appearance)