• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

Astonishing Tales #25 is hot thanks to the Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D tv series featuring Deathlok.

Green Lantern #87 seems to be getting some attention. This VG auction seems a little strange to me but I've seen other legit auctions so I'm not sure if this is a real trend or a manufactured one. Anyone know for sure?

Marvel Premiere #15 1st Iron Fist has a lot of watchers. So I assume there's some Kung-Fu movie announcement.

Amazing Spider-Man #101 has gotten really hot. Someone told me that's because he's due to appear in the second Amazing Spidey movie. hm

Astonishing Tales #25... :applause:

Green Lantern #87... :applause:

Marvel Premiere #15... :applause:

Amazing Spider-Man #101...been searching for a mid-grade copy for years, for my ASM 97-200 focus; oh, well...when the "refund" arrives... hm

Thanx for the post, Whetteon! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

A group of VF/NM raws going for $75+ each. The Marvel Women books have arrived.

Ms Marvel #1

Someone help me out here. Similar sale going on now on our sales forum. I thought ms marvel #1 was. $20 book???

Ms. Marvel #1 9s raws selling for $50-75 everywhere. She's always been hot in my book. :grin:

not sure but that just says the bidding ended--- here is a link to the item from the sold side if you want to see the bidding (no need for anyone else to have to search for the thing like I did).....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MS-MARVEL-1-MARVEL-COMICS-LOT-5-FIRST-ISSUES-UNCIRCULATED-1977-VF-NEAR-MINT-/111275618913?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e88b3261

not sure but that just says the bidding ended--- here is a link to the item from the sold side if you want to see the bidding (no need for anyone else to have to search for the thing like I did).....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MS-MARVEL-1-MARVEL-COMICS-LOT-5-FIRST-ISSUES-UNCIRCULATED-1977-VF-NEAR-MINT-/111275618913?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e88b3261

And I'll personally guarantee that not one of those books grades out at "VF/NM" :roflmao:

Wow, this is getting insane, and let me give the specs a word of advice:

Do not sink any real money into a post-75 Marvel #1, as these are out there in mass quantities. People speculated like mad on anything #1, and now that books like Nova 1 and Ms Marvel 1 have popped, there are probably crates of this stuff en route to CGC.

Do not sink any real money into a post-75 Marvel #1, as these are out there in mass quantities. People speculated like mad on anything #1, and now that books like Nova 1 and Ms Marvel 1 have popped, there are probably crates of this stuff en route to CGC.

Yep, CGC is lovin' it. :grin: Who'da ever thought they'd be slabbin' a Nova #1? :insane:

Would slightly disagree - anything post 1981. Late 70s books were still returnable.

Would slightly disagree - anything post 1981. Late 70s books were still returnable.

Anything post-81 is not even worth talking about, and I'm just speaking in relative terms of BA scarcity. All those 1976-77 #1's were mass speculated - I had collector friends who 20+ issues of any new character #1, like Nova, Ms Marvel, Champions, and of course, new titles like PPSSM.

That was also about when newspaper articles started coming out about old comic book sales, like a record amount for Action 1, which fed speculator fever even in the general public. Back in the early days, I used to see lots on eBay like this from people who had no clue and had no other comics for sale. "My dad just bought a pile of #1's" was a standard reply.

If I had known this stuff was going to explode (Ms. Marvel? Really?) I could have made a bundle buying these issues.

Anything post-81 is not even worth talking about, and I'm just speaking in relative terms of BA scarcity. All those 1976-77 #1's were mass speculated - I had collector friends who 20+ issues of any new character #1, like Nova, Ms Marvel, Champions, and of course, new titles like PPSSM.

That was also about when newspaper articles started coming out about old comic book sales, like a record amount for Action 1, which fed speculator fever even in the general public. Back in the early days, I used to see lots on eBay like this from people who had no clue and had no other comics for sale. "My dad just bought a pile of #1's" was a standard reply.

If I had known this stuff was going to explode (Ms. Marvel? Really?) I could have made a bundle buying these issues.

In order to make a bundle, you need to not only buy, but then sell.

You tend to do one but not the other. ;)

You got me there, and I guess it would be more accurate to say "If I had known this stuff was going to explode (Ms. Marvel? Really?) I could have had a pile more sitting in my collection".

You got me there, and I guess it would be more accurate to say "If I had known this stuff was going to explode (Ms. Marvel? Really?) I could have had a pile more sitting in my collection".

lol

lol

Even though it's only a pile, it's a better pile than mine.