• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I think I'm reading this wrong. You can get a 9.4 with a detached bottom staple?

Green label yes. That being said I have seen many detached staples on blue label books in the 6.0-7.0 range. :facepalm:

I have a NM book but it has a 1 inch tear on back cover, do tears on an otherwise NM book make a qualified label as well?

It can - it depends on the book.

It depends on the book, but something in the NM range with 1 tear usually would get a blue label 7.5-8.5 from what I have seen.

Seriously? I thought a 1 inch tear would make a VG grade Blue label..Fine- at the most... but VF??

Its a Marvel premiere #16 Looks new, just the tear f**s it up :(

I have a 9.6 and 9.4 on eBay, had no idea what to price them at... 500 for a raw copy is insane!

Make it an auction with a minimum bid no less than what you're willing to part with them for and let the market decide.

I am going to do just that. 5 day auction starting tonight, let's see what happens.

DC/Marvel Special Treasury Edition @ $38 & 67 watchers. hm

It was on last weeks Comic Book Men.

doh!

You gotta admit that it is a cool book, especially if you grew up in the 70s like me. I'd like to grab a high grade copy.

Superman VS Spider-man and the Superman VS ALI are very very hard to find in high grade, and not so easy in above mid-grade. I've sold a few of each in the last few years and the glue always seemed to be loosening or fully separated from the covers.

They were bought by kids, read to death and bags & boards for treasury editions didn't exist.

Edited by Lonzilla

doh!

You gotta admit that it is a cool book, especially if you grew up in the 70s like me. I'd like to grab a high grade copy.

Superman VS Spider-man and the Superman VS ALI are very very hard to find in high grade, and not so easy in above mid-grade. I've sold a few of each in the last few years and the glue always seemed to be loosening or fully separated from the covers.

They were bought by kids, read to death and bags & boards for treasury editions didn't exist.

Yep - that's what I did lol

doh!

Yep - that's what I did lol

I wish they graded these. I have a Supes vs MH, a 2001 and a Battlerstar Galactica that I wrapped in plastic after carefully reading them when they were new. I also have a Spiderman and a supes vs ASM that fall into the read to rags category.The sole remnants of my original first collection.