• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

The look of some of those early seventies books still sing to me; Wanted, Secret Origins, the obscure stuff not to many people want. I still think they are great.

I look at them and still think that the designs are excellent. My favourite is Action Comics with Nick Cardy artwork and the larger, mid-70s logo...

38808_20060502101859_large.jpg

When they switched to the 20cent format they really did a nice job with the logos and design.The whole line looks great.

I agree. Those 20 cent DCs look really great. Unlike the cover design philosophy on today's comics.

Although, I preferred the look when the left circle was only the DC logo and the right circle was only the 20 cents. Much cleaner

161908.jpg.c769abc5415620930167b0026d7e29bd.jpg

Aside from the new Deadpool series, what's coming up with Foolkiller, Terror Inc etc?

Several of his allies are characters who’ve been around the Marvel Universe for a long time, such as Terror, Foolkiller, Solo, and Stingray.

Read More: Deadpool Gets A Team in 'Deadpool and the Mercs for Money' | http://comicsalliance.com/deadpool-and-the-mercs-for-money-preview/?trackback=tsmclip

I''m well aware of the series, and that it's now an ongoing. Just saying that if the 1st appearances of those characters haven't gone up in the last few months, why would they now? Thinking Devil Dinosaur and Weirdworld and their respective crash and burns

I am surprised you would think like that. Deadpool is the hottest character around. All those books are dirt cheap. Id jump on any of them at $.50 or $1 its an easy flip in high grade. Give it a few months especially if circulation on that book is a hit.

It just seems like, unlike the 1990's, an old character in a new series doesn't get much of a back issue bump unless a TV show or movie is involved. We can fault Marvel's annual reboot for that I suppose.

I hope the Deadpool Mercs series takes off, I'm well stocked on the 1st appearance of all 4 Foolkillers, and have multiple copies of Terror Inc #1, St George #2 and Daredevil #305, covering all the bases there.

St George 2 would (should) be the terror inc winner.

Im all in on Slapstick.

D4D642A7-5E3C-4850-A69C-7F28C40B1F72_zps8123uxkx.jpg

Love the character, Steals the show, and could have a big sandbox for a a writer to play in, if marvel chooses to push his character now.

Sorry for the OT, now back to Bronze Age...

From what I can gather, Critical Mass #3 is the 1st Terror Inc / Shreck cover

and dirt cheap (for now)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=1&_nkw=critical%20mass%203&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Not sure why, but my Star Wars 4 9.8 is sitting at over twice GPA with time still left.

Maybe it's tough to find a white paged well centered copy?

???

http://comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions_first%2Easp&id=1114644

Pity luck due to the rest of your books selling for 80% of GPA?

Andy, don't try to figure it out. Just enjoy the riches.

Not sure why, but my Star Wars 4 9.8 is sitting at over twice GPA with time still left.

???

http://comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions_first%2Easp&id=1114644

Pity luck due to the rest of your books selling for 80% of GPA?

Andy, don't try to figure it out. Just enjoy the riches.

lol

You are probably right on both.

The look of some of those early seventies books still sing to me; Wanted, Secret Origins, the obscure stuff not to many people want. I still think they are great.

I look at them and still think that the designs are excellent. My favourite is Action Comics with Nick Cardy artwork and the larger, mid-70s logo...

38808_20060502101859_large.jpg

When they switched to the 20cent format they really did a nice job with the logos and design.The whole line looks great.

I agree. Those 20 cent DCs look really great. Unlike the cover design philosophy on today's comics.

Although, I preferred the look when the left circle was only the DC logo and the right circle was only the 20 cents. Much cleaner

One of the reasons I think DC was so good back then was they had Carmine Infantino running the show.

Very underrated DC Editor in Chief!

???

I had a letter published in that issue; that explains it! :devil::devil:

I heard they were starting a Hasbro Cinematic Universe, do you think it could affect comic book value? (Micronauts, ROM, G.I. Joe) ???

This was announced back in December. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-hasbro-gi-joe-universe-848920

To answer your question based on that, has it done anything to value over the past four months?

I'd be willing to bet once more information comes out on the development of those IP's the books should start to become a bit more desirable to flippers.

Sure, the same with Valiant. More of an "if", rather than "when", IMO.

I would imagine Man Thing 3 should see a bump next few weeks.

What happens in Man Thing 3?

First Foolkiller.

Grrrrr. Was just about to list one of my Man Thing 3s, and discovered it was missing the Marvel Value Stamp.

Don't sweat it. It's not the same Foolkiller anyway