• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

More dollar bin books that you can now use to buy a car with...

New Gods 7. First Steppenwolf

Rumored to be the big bad guy in the upcoming Justice League movie while they save Darkseid for later.

Good old DC :facepalm:

Seriously?

Hot damn. I bought a collection five years ago where the original owner had speculated on Kirby 4th World stuff. There's got to be 50 New Gods 7s in the box. :banana:

Time to get diggin' :grin:

Found 2 copies in the FN/FN+ range so far. One out of the way shop I gotta hit up, the owner has very high grade books from his PC and uses Overstreet like a bible (thumbs u

New God's 7 has already been selling for a premium and certainly not found in dollar boxes but OK :)

Jungle action 5 and 6 are seeing alot of activity now that the main stream modern collector knows there significance. I think 5 is overpriced seeing as how its a reprint and 6 (being the 1st true solo ongoing story) is still under the radar a bit with lots of room for growth.

It might not seem as likely to ever heat up, but the first appearance of the evil KKK villain is on Jungle Action #22. What a crazy time, you will never see that from marvel again.

Jungle_Action_Vol_2_22.jpg

Edited by 90sChild

Rumored to be the big bad guy in the upcoming Justice League movie while they save Darkseid for later.

Seriously?

Hot damn. I bought a collection five years ago where the original owner had speculated on Kirby 4th World stuff. There's got to be 50 New Gods 7s in the box. :banana:

Apparently. Wow.

Seriously?

Apparently. Wow.

Nice! My higher grade copy has a tiny spine spit but looks very similar to that one.

At least New Gods 7 is one of Kirby's best Bronze Age comics and not total drek like many recently hyped books.

Classic story.

New God's 7 has already been selling for a premium and certainly not found in dollar boxes but OK :)

Jungle action 5 and 6 are seeing alot of activity now that the main stream modern collector knows there significance. I think 5 is overpriced seeing as how its a reprint and 6 (being the 1st true solo ongoing story) is still under the radar a bit with lots of room for growth.

It might not seem as likely to ever heat up, but the first appearance of the evil KKK villain is on Jungle Action #22. What a crazy time, you will never see that from marvel again.

Jungle_Action_Vol_2_22.jpg

Certainly the clan issues will be a steady investment. Issue 19 (vs clan p.1) goes for a premium in higher grade.

This whole run was gold. I'm certain we will see many of the characters from Jungle Action as cameos in his solo movie.

These books are more of a steady burn than a flash in the pan. They will hold there value with steady growth. This run is still highly undervalued. It was not a popular book and did not have high sales but has actually become the foundation of who Black Panther is.

Edited by FrankWhite

At least New Gods 7 is one of Kirby's best Bronze Age comics and not total drek like many recently hyped books.

Classic story.

The story is decent, but the artwork is drek. You can see age taking its toll on Jack's pencilling with his 70s DC runs.

Classic story.

The story is decent, but the artwork is drek. You can see age taking its toll on Jack's pencilling with his 70s DC runs.

I'm not a great fan of his work past the mid-sixties, when he shifted to a looser style partly due to eyesight issues, IIRC. A key story for the Fourth World Saga, nonetheless.

Classic story.

THIS is not drek :sumo:

Watch for Avengers #52 (BP joins Avengers) and #62 (original 1st solo BP story reprinted in JA #5) as well

Seriously?

Apparently. Wow.

Wow, I have had an F/VF one in my for sale rack at the antique mall with a $5 price tag on it for about a year. Retrieved it today. Thanks forum!

Question: long term hold or flip it at the next show?

Steppenwolf? You gotta be kidding me.

Guess I picked a bad time to chase the Kirby run on this title. No way in hell I'm paying the crazy, speculative prices for what I see a minor character in the New Gods realm. What's next? Glorious Godfried or Granny Goodness if they show up in the next film? Totally insane. Especially if Steppenwolf's first appearance becomes a bigger key than Orion's.

Guess I picked a bad time to chase the Kirby run on this title. No way in hell I'm paying the crazy, speculative prices for what I see a minor character in the New Gods realm. What's next? Glorious Godfried or Granny Goodness if they show up in the next film? Totally insane. Especially if Steppenwolf's first appearance becomes a bigger key than Orion's.

+1

Minor character. My favourite, underrated, evil New God is Doctor Bedlam.

More psychological, less action-oriented than Steppenwolf, though, I suppose.

Watch for Avengers #52 (BP joins Avengers) and #62 (original 1st solo BP story reprinted in JA #5) as well

Yea absolutely! Avengers 62 is still selling for cheap considering it's age and importance. I think BP 5 is favored by the majority because

1. It's believed to be the start of new stories and many do not realize it's a reprint.

2. Jungle Action series has a lower print run than the Avengers books.

Edited by FrankWhite

Yea absolutely! Avengers 62 is still selling for cheap considering it's age and importance. I think BP 5 is favored by the majority because

1. It's believed to be the start of new stories and many do not realize it's a reprint.

3. Cover has more eye appeal on Jungle Action. Unfortunately the Avengers book was subjected to the time period where they used the horrible logo / name graphic.

+1

Minor character. My favourite, underrated, evil New God is Doctor Bedlam.

More psychological, less action-oriented than Steppenwolf, though, I suppose.

I think Mokkari and Simyan are my faves in that category.

162392.jpg.4ffbbaf6347eb3da9cb903bac5ae11a7.jpg

3. Cover has more eye appeal on Jungle Action. Unfortunately the Avengers book was subjected to the time period where they used the horrible logo / name graphic.

Very true about that! That whole run has awesome covers and interior work.

I'll jump on on JA #6 in high grade any day before #5. Slightly better price, true beginning of solo run and story, many political character 1st appearances that I'm sure will be featured in his movie trilogy.

As far as the Steppenwolf news?

He looks kinda menacing in the deleted scene that he's featured in. Mother boxes and all!!!

Edited by FrankWhite