• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I think it is insanely undervalued especially after the crazy Hulk 181 and GSX-1 prices these days.  But if you don't, don't buy it.  (thumbsu

Compared to the two books featuring the first appearances of the characters featured in every story in the best run of X-Men in history? It is and should be a fraction of those. 

2 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

This right here, this is why a lot of us like 94 🙂

I get it as far as the story goes. I understand the selling points and I use ALL of them when I sell the book (which is often as there are so many X-Men run builders and most need it). It's essentially a number 1 issue after the years of reprints.

I love Claremont, but name me a story arc between 94-107 (Byrne obv showed up on 108) that stands up as an iconic story. I've never seen any of those issues on a list of best X-Men stories or even best Claremont X-Men stories. I think someone said this earlier, but it didn't even reach monthly status until 113 after Byrne had been on for four issues. 

10 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I love Claremont, but name me a story arc between 94-107 (Byrne obv showed up on 108) that stands up as an iconic story. I

Phoenix was created in those issues. The stories aren’t as good as the Byrne issues obviously but that’s still significant I think.

9 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I would think at least for the next few months to a year Marvel Spotlight 4 is the book to 
be looking for. Those that have it high grade I would still hold for a bit longer. Give the
market another week or two on it. I applaud anyone with a high grade copy as I have 
never seen one copy above VG.

Agreed. I think since it's never had a lot of value and horror guys seem to re-read their books quite often, they get pretty worn. Plus they sat in cheap boxes for years without being taken care of like superhero books. 

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I would think at least for the next few months to a year Marvel Spotlight 4 is the book to 
be looking for. Those that have it high grade I would still hold for a bit longer. Give the
market another week or two on it. I applaud anyone with a high grade copy as I have 

This really pains me, I have been looking for one for awhile now (pre-hype)... Not sure I really want it at the price it's going for now though.

16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I tried to sell my copy a few years ago in a VCC with no takers. Glad it didn't sell lol 

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Sold my VG- reader last week for close to $50. I rolled the dice on it.  

I'm a WWBN and MS run collector and that book has always been a low priority. I'm bummed out about the run up, but feel pretty confident that at some point in the future prices will return to a more reasonable level. Prior to the Darkhold nonsense, it's always been a nothing book.