• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

well that I knew, then any reason why it cooled? or why the sudden spike? 

but I guess that answers, as nothing "new", just happens to be :) 

I think when things spike on rumor that is years away from reality things fall back after FOMO is over

Maybe something else caused more interest, not that I know of though

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I think when things spike on rumor that is years away from reality things fall back after FOMO is over

Maybe something else caused more interest, not that I know of though

ah cool, ya I remember when the announcement was and I didn't realize it was that far away, so this is answer is as good as any :) Thanks!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
remove comma lol still a run-on sentence ha

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah cool, ya I remember when the announcement was and I didn't realize it was that far away, so this is answer is as good as any :) Thanks!

I thought Bale was going to be Korvac at that time. Not sure how far away it is really, just sayin'

I've noticed Captain America #168, the first Helmut Zemo, seems to be going up a little based on Falcon and Winter Soldier. 

One thing that's interesting is that a year after the issue came out, Marvel reprinted it as part of a line of kids' books with records.

The last few sales of the record and book set are still dirt cheap, maybe because I haven't noticed any listings mention the Baron Zemo connection. Seems like an interesting curiosity to me. 

71W-9FnB7GL.jpg.79b4a0329cab2630183fd9abb8a8da71.jpg

defenders 112 is still selling with BIG numbers after the episode non-reveal. it was a $2 book 3 months ago. dottie jones is not arcanna. i thought it would drop. but having vision and scarlet witch in it (getting mind controlled!) might be enough? i guess enough 1sts of minor characters are enough. heck, they may drag arcanna out eventually if they are really going to push this multiverse stuff, and maybe even have her played by the same actress. Is Power Princess (what a name!) relevant to current story lines? The current earth 616 version is not the defenders 112 version though.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=defenders+112&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Auction=1&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

5 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

I've noticed Captain America #168, the first Helmut Zemo, seems to be going up a little based on Falcon and Winter Soldier. 

One thing that's interesting is that a year after the issue came out, Marvel reprinted it as part of a line of kids' books with records.

The last few sales of the record and book set are still dirt cheap, maybe because I haven't noticed any listings mention the Baron Zemo connection. Seems like an interesting curiosity to me. 

71W-9FnB7GL.jpg.79b4a0329cab2630183fd9abb8a8da71.jpg

I never met a 20 cent cap in a dollar box i did not buy, so there's hope for this one! 

I have a ton of these... come on nightshade!!!: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=captain+america+164&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1   

3 hours ago, the blob said:

defenders 112 is still selling with BIG numbers after the episode non-reveal. it was a $2 book 3 months ago. dottie jones is not arcanna. i thought it would drop. but having vision and scarlet witch in it (getting mind controlled!) might be enough? i guess enough 1sts of minor characters are enough. heck, they may drag arcanna out eventually if they are really going to push this multiverse stuff, and maybe even have her played by the same actress. Is Power Princess (what a name!) relevant to current story lines? The current earth 616 version is not the defenders 112 version though.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=defenders+112&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Auction=1&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Shocking. Someone asked me why it was $30 the other day and I told them not to worry about it as it would be $5 in a day or two. 

38 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Shocking. Someone asked me why it was $30 the other day and I told them not to worry about it as it would be $5 in a day or two. 

it is a first appearance of 2 characters that may be relevant in the comics or shows. the earth 616 version of one seems to have some relevance in current comics. arcanna was "killed" a few years ago, but "off screen", so, of course, that means nothing. there's a third, but marvel hasn't done much with that one and killed him early. does that make it a $30 book? no.