• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1, 7.5 for 20K?

32 posts in this topic

It is indeed difficult to see why this book is only a 7.5. This could be a straight flip from someone who saw the book up close and saw the potential that we're all seeing now--that seems most likely to me.

nope (if folks would just read all the posts, the speculation would end lol )

the book has interior and bc water damage and is not a flip (thumbs u

Who said there was water damage? Looked back up and didn't see it.

I can't see it on the back cover scan--whereabouts is the stain?

It is indeed difficult to see why this book is only a 7.5. This could be a straight flip from someone who saw the book up close and saw the potential that we're all seeing now--that seems most likely to me.

nope (if folks would just read all the posts, the speculation would end lol )

the book has interior and bc water damage and is not a flip (thumbs u

Who said there was water damage? Looked back up and didn't see it.

I can't see it on the back cover scan--whereabouts is the stain?

I was refering to the "reason"...it was not a "straight flip" as I had already posted (thumbs u ...but, the water stain it is visibly present mid way down back cover scan you posted (thumbs u

I just saw that an ASM 1, 7.5 recently sold for 20K+? That is way above FMV. Anyone have any info on that sale?

(3) $20,315Hi $7,000Lo

Nov-15-2012 $20,315 Cert# 0917339002

Does seem like an outlier, although an 8.0 pence copy just sold for more than $19K. :o

It did?

Same copy sold for $8K in May and $19K in December. Makes you wonder. hm

I wonder if the buyer noticed the stain on the back cover hm Given that Heritage provides large scans of the front and back of the book, I could see why not ??? Unlikely it will get a grade bump with that stain. Possibly a shill bid to drive prices up?

I wonder if the buyer noticed the stain on the back cover hm Given that Heritage provides large scans of the front and back of the book, I could see why not ??? Unlikely it will get a grade bump with that stain. Possibly a shill bid to drive prices up?

Ok. I guess I will post one more time :)

The buyer of book bought because he wanted a nice cgc 7.5 to go in his sa keys 7.5 collection. He didnt buy to flip...he was aware of the water damage...he is not interested in a grade bump... And he certainly didnt shill up to pay more lol ....Hope that settles it (again lol ) ...

Ok. I guess I will post one more time :)

The buyer of book bought because he wanted a nice cgc 7.5 to go in his sa keys 7.5 collection. He didnt buy to flip...he was aware of the water damage...he is not interested in a grade bump... And he certainly didnt shill up to pay more lol ....Hope that settles it (again lol ) ...

(thumbs u I guess I should've read the past posts lol Obviously if the bid went up that high, me thinks the underbidder had other thoughts about the book

Sparkle City has a 7.0 OW up. Nice looking copy with no chipping ... but some discoloration along the spine. It's at $6.5K with nine days to go. Interesting to see what it goes for.

I agree that $10K seems a lot closer to FMV than $20K for a 7.5.

Ended up selling at $7700 (pretty low IMO) but the notes claimed Foxing on front and back so that might have had something to do with it. But the structure was amazing.

Sparkle City has a 7.0 OW up. Nice looking copy with no chipping ... but some discoloration along the spine. It's at $6.5K with nine days to go. Interesting to see what it goes for.

I agree that $10K seems a lot closer to FMV than $20K for a 7.5.

Ended up selling at $7700 (pretty low IMO) but the notes claimed Foxing on front and back so that might have had something to do with it. But the structure was amazing.

I agree that structurally it looked great but the staining along the spine may have been a turnoff for some bidders. I thought it might go higher. Probably not a good test of how hot ASM1 is right now because of the staining.