• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1, 7.5 for 20K?

32 posts in this topic

It went in a Heritage auction.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7066&lotNo=91265

Might have looked nicer than the assigned grade.

ASM's have slowly been creeping up but I don't think that a 7.5 is now worth $20K.

I just saw that an ASM 1, 7.5 recently sold for 20K+? That is way above FMV. Anyone have any info on that sale?

(3) $20,315Hi $7,000Lo

Nov-15-2012 $20,315 Cert# 0917339002

Does seem like an outlier, although an 8.0 pence copy just sold for more than $19K. :o

I just saw that an ASM 1, 7.5 recently sold for 20K+? That is way above FMV. Anyone have any info on that sale?

(3) $20,315Hi $7,000Lo

Nov-15-2012 $20,315 Cert# 0917339002

Does seem like an outlier, although an 8.0 pence copy just sold for more than $19K. :o

It did?

Someone overpaid. The trend is and has been around 10K. It also took a 30% drop over the summer in a single sale. If someone REALLY wanted it then it can be justified; not 20k justified.

I have a few that I would overpay for, but not when there are so many other venues out there that this person could have obtained it. In my eyes it either means he got caught up in the auction, entered the wrong amount, or just didn't know its value.

Someone overpaid. The trend is and has been around 10K. It also took a 30% drop over the summer in a single sale. If someone REALLY wanted it then it can be justified; not 20k justified.

I have a few that I would overpay for, but not when there are so many other venues out there that this person could have obtained it. In my eyes it either means he got caught up in the auction, entered the wrong amount, or just didn't know its value.

$10K = trend for a 7.5?? meh......

Sparkle City has a 7.0 OW up. Nice looking copy with no chipping ... but some discoloration along the spine. It's at $6.5K with nine days to go. Interesting to see what it goes for.

I agree that $10K seems a lot closer to FMV than $20K for a 7.5.

Might have been purchased by someone putting all the sa keys together in 7.5? It was a pretty copy...8.0 pretty

Yup...I been saying it but nobody is listening. That copy looked too nice for a 7.5 holder.

Still seems like a hefty overpayment on an 8.0 spec re-sub...market for 8.0 is +/- $15K... (shrug)

And not much room for justification on the pence copy purchase price... :o:screwy:

Oh I agree, I am just trying to get inside the head of the buyer.

The buyer really wanted a nice looking 7.5. Absolutely overpaid IMO but sometimes it is about the book and not the money. Not all purchases make sense to all. As long as the buyer is happy (I am sure they know they could have gotten an 8.0 for less) what does it matter? This one sale doesn't dictate the market and shouldn't reasonably be applied to other sales ...toss it out as an extreme (thumbs u

It is indeed difficult to see why this book is only a 7.5. This could be a straight flip from someone who saw the book up close and saw the potential that we're all seeing now--that seems most likely to me.

Here are the images:

lf?set=path%5B8%2F9%2F0%2F1%2F8901718%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

lf?set=path%5B8%2F8%2F9%2F9%2F8899774%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D&alt=Silver+Age+(1956-1969):Superhero,+The+Amazing+Spider-Man+#1+(Marvel,+1963)+CGC+VF-+7.5+Off-white+towhite+pages....+Image+#2

It is indeed difficult to see why this book is only a 7.5. This could be a straight flip from someone who saw the book up close and saw the potential that we're all seeing now--that seems most likely to me.

nope (if folks would just read all the posts, the speculation would end lol )

the book has interior and bc water damage and is not a flip (thumbs u