• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRETTY BOOK of "EVER"

85 posts in this topic

Guys....I read so much bad info on this forum its scary. Geppi owned the Denver Copy which I had graded...Thats an 8.5....This was not owned by Geppi...I just sold The Flash # 1 MH last month. Can't name buyer at this time or price..Along with the Batman # 1 CGC 9.0 Unrestored, its the most amazing book ever offered or sold in recent history.

I thought Geppi had it?

Dave Anderson had sold this to Al Capps several years back for 100K all cash.

That's the last I had heard about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if Steve got it

from him (not that it matters).

I just can't stop staring at that! Best I've ever seen was an unrestored VG, and about twenty restored copies. I keep looking at it saying to myself "Oh, so THAT'S what that book looked like when it was new".

Un-freakin-believable man! What's it worth anyway? Flash #1 is extremely tough to find in high grade and unrestored. What an amazing book!

If I hit the lottery guys, that's one I'm getting, period.

I thought Geppi had it?

Dave Anderson had sold this to Al Capps several years back for 100K all cash.

That's the last I had heard about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if Steve got it

from him (not that it matters).

that was my understanding too!

I just can't stop staring at that! Best I've ever seen was an unrestored VG, and about twenty restored copies. I keep looking at it saying to myself "Oh, so THAT'S what that book looked like when it was new".

Un-freakin-believable man! What's it worth anyway? Flash #1 is extremely tough to find in high grade and unrestored. What an amazing book!

If I hit the lottery guys, that's one I'm getting, period.

Every time I see a book like that, I wonder why all of Comic Fandom hasn't pitched in to erect a massive statue of Edgar Church to honor his memory.

Seriously.

Every time I see a book like that, I wonder why all of Comic Fandom hasn't pitched in to erect a massive statue of Edgar Church to honor his memory.

Seriously.

I think we could start by making a point of referring to his books as "Edgar Church" copies and leave the "Mile High" name to sleazy warehouse finds.

Seriously.

I think we could start by making a point of referring to his books as "Edgar Church" copies and leave the "Mile High" name to sleazy warehouse finds.

Right on. thumbsup2.gif

Guys....I read so much bad info on this forum its scary. Geppi owned the Denver Copy which I had graded...Thats an 8.5....This was not owned by Geppi...I just sold The Flash # 1 MH last month. Can't name buyer at this time or price..Along with the Batman # 1 CGC 9.0 Unrestored, its the most amazing book ever offered or sold in recent history.

Since you can't tell us the name of the buyer,can you at least tell us if this is another high grade book moving overseas? With respect to price, don't know if this one would be high enough to beat the Marvel #1 Pay Copy record price. confused-smiley-013.gif

Seriously.

I already do that. I think he deserves a statue though. I mean seriously. Roughly 20,000 golden age books, the vast majority in newsstand condition? PUH-LEEEZE. It is just sick to think about it.