• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Same people buying more or new readers coming onboard ??

47 posts in this topic

What got you back "in" to comics? Something in particular?

I've always loved Comic's started reading them when I was 9 or 10yrs old.

An now I'm 56yrs old an still love them..I think in the mid 90's I just got burnt out

with all multiple copies of the same book 893whatthe.gif

One day I wander into my Lcs..about 3 months ago an restarted laugh.gif

A better quality product got me back into comics after short break due to the [!@#%^&^] being put out by Marvel in the mid-90s. At present time I think in the last 4-6 years have produced some of the best writing and art I have seen in my 25+ years of collecting. I am enjoying the ride and hope this trend continues and Marvel doesn't do anything stupid to F it up again.

I'm having flashbacks to an Informmerical... 893frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif Joe be kinded smile.gif well I've alway enjoyed cover art an being 56 an living alone.

I surpose I was looking for something to fill mine time. thumbsup2.gif

A better quality product got me back into comics after short break due to the [!@#%^&^] being put out by Marvel in the mid-90s. At present time I think in the last 4-6 years have produced some of the best writing and art I have seen in my 25+ years of collecting. I am enjoying the ride and hope this trend continues and Marvel doesn't do anything stupid to F it up again.

For me I was surfing on the internet one day and decided that I wanted to see what Marvel was up to as I had been out of the loop for so long. Then I see these books in CGC cases and I thought what the heck is this so I searched this website. Well the rest is history, I have been buying comics again, not speculating because I have yet to sell a comic that I have purchased. I'm not a speculator but if one day I think I can get double for what I paid for my book(s) then so be it.

Now can we go one week without all this talk of a crash BS please.