• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#@&* ebay seller

108 posts in this topic

Just wanted to vent.

Won a piece of art today on ebay (not a comic) at an amazing price (it might be worth as high as $15,000 and I won it at $5000).

I paid for it promptly like normal.

Tonight I get an email from the seller saying there was obviously a "glitch" in the system and some people must not have been able to bid. After all, he said, there were 8 people watching the auction!

He says he doesn't feel like he has to honor the auction now.

I am so frustrated. This has happened to me about 5 times on high priced items. I find an amazing deal, win it, think I hit the jackpot, and then the rug gets pulled out from underneath me.

Argh.

You paid, he felt like it was too difficult to have a reserve or set the opening price higher, too bad. You got a great deal, he sold his art, it's a done deal. Even though the seller will try and move Heaven and Earth to stop it, do your best not to let him.

Of course he has to honor the auction. He set the terms, you had the high bid fair and square. That's a binding contract.

End of.

Yes, I can tell him it's a binding contract all day, but if he's not going to honor it there's really nothing i can do.

I was on cloud 9 all day and then it all came crashing down when I got his email.

Just wanted to vent.

Won a piece of art today on ebay (not a comic) at an amazing price (it might be worth as high as $15,000 and I won it at $5000).

I paid for it promptly like normal.

Tonight I get an email from the seller saying there was obviously a "glitch" in the system and some people must not have been able to bid. After all, he said, there were 8 people watching the auction!

He says he doesn't feel like he has to honor the auction now.

I am so frustrated. This has happened to me about 5 times on high priced items. I find an amazing deal, win it, think I hit the jackpot, and then the rug gets pulled out from underneath me.

Argh.

neg him

Burn the witch!!!!!

Ahem, I mean you should post the sellers name so we can avoid the same situation, (though I don't have 5k to spend on anything)

[font:Book Antiqua]Told you...[/font]

:devil:

lol