• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-men #3 "spoilers"

37 posts in this topic

I am guessing Colossus and NOT Jean Grey will be coming back from the dead.

I'm REALLY hoping you're right. I've enjoyed my first foray into the mainstream X-Universe in twenty years so far and I wouldn't want it spoiled by yet another return of Jean Grey.

I'm REALLY hoping you're right. I've enjoyed my first foray into the mainstream X-Universe in twenty years so far and I wouldn't want it spoiled by yet another return of Jean Grey.

I hope Whedon is smart enough not to bring Jean Grey back again so soon, but what do I know Clairmont already brought Magneto back in Excalibur. It looks like Whedon is going back to the type of X-stories that started the whole X-men craze back in the late 70s and early 80s. Bringing Colossus back to the team would make it perfect. Don't know why the killed off a good character like him to begin with. It was one of those things that happened after I stopped reading comics in the mid-90s. I think they should let the whole Pheonix/Jean Grey saga stay dead for a few years.

I hope Whedon is smart enough not to bring Jean Grey back again so soon, but what do I know Clairmont already brought Magneto back in Excalibur. It looks like Whedon is going back to the type of X-stories that started the whole X-men craze back in the late 70s and early 80s. Bringing Colossus back to the team would make it perfect. Don't know why the killed off a good character like him to begin with. It was one of those things that happened after I stopped reading comics in the mid-90s. I think they should let the whole Pheonix/Jean Grey saga stay dead for a few years.

Given the way they set the table for a potential Phoenix introduction at the end of X2 I doubt they will wait too long to bring her back especially if she is a center piece for the next movie.

just picked it up. Beast said something along the lines of "buried." Colossus was cremated and his ashes were spread by Kitty in XM #110

Well, I guess that definitely means Jean Grey is on her way back. I would have liked the return of Colossus a lot better. Unless, it is possibly another dead and buried X-man like Thunderbird, Psylock (sp), Colossus's sister, or that kid that mutated with that alien Warlock character (think his name was Cyber). confused-smiley-013.gif

Isn't Psylocke already back in Uncanny X-Men? There was a cyborg assassin in that last issue that looks a lot like the original English Psylocke. I know Claremont and Davis are eager to resurrect her.

just picked it up. Beast said something along the lines of "buried." Colossus was cremated and his ashes were spread by Kitty in XM #110

Well, I guess that definitely means Jean Grey is on her way back. I would have liked the return of Colossus a lot better. Unless, it is possibly another dead and buried X-man like Thunderbird, Psylock (sp), Colossus's sister, or that kid that mutated with that alien Warlock character (think his name was Cyber). confused-smiley-013.gif

Wasn't there a panel showing a room with a kid in it? Who did the kid look like? confused-smiley-013.gif Could be foreshadowing... or something.

Isn't Psylocke already back in Uncanny X-Men? There was a cyborg assassin in that last issue that looks a lot like the original English Psylocke. I know Claremont and Davis are eager to resurrect her.
that must have been Sage, the X-member with a computer brain

kid looks poorly drawn to be able to make him/her out

it's possible that whoever is using Jean's body (if they are using her body) is making some sort of 616 version of the AoA's X-Man

confused-smiley-013.gif

Wasn't there a panel showing a room with a kid in it? Who did the kid look like? confused-smiley-013.gif Could be foreshadowing... or something.

No panel showing a room with a kid that I saw. Just Beast, Cyclops, and White Queen in lab. No kid. Just computer and lab equipment.

2nd to last page:

Computer> CROSS-REFERENCE DNA SAMPLE, ARCHIVE 002

Beast> OH NO. KAVITA, NO... YOU MONSTER... YOU GHOUL...

WE HAVE TO GO TO BENETECH. NOW. TONIGHT.

Cyclops> THE CURE. IT'S REAL? IT'S WHAT-- DANGEROUS?

Beast> IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT. IT'S ABOUT THE BODY THEY'RE RUNNING THEIR TESTS ON.

last page:

Beast> WHY DOES NOTHING EVER STAY DEAD...?

Cyclops> JEAN?

back a few pages where the Dr. Kavita is talking with the alien guy the x-men fought in AXM 2...
on the right page, bottom right panel

Isn't it the same little girl from issue # 2? The one whose mutant power is apparently to have her nightmares take on a physical form?