• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Over the years I’ve bought 9.8 Dark Knight Returns #2, 3, and 4 with plans to eventually get #1 in the same grade, but there is no way I’d pay the prices it commands now.  As a result I’ll be sending my 2-4 to Comic Link in order to sell them.  I’m hoping the excitement for the first issue will rub off on the other three.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:47 AM, jcjames said:

Blows even harder that it took Dr. Strange seven appearances to get to the cover in ST. 

Bizarre that they didn't have him at least in the corner "Introducing Dr. Strange"... clearly they did not think the Torch could sustain his own title much longer. Instead we have half the cover devoted to the Wizard and Paste Pot Pete.

18 minutes ago, jdandns said:

Here's a glorious look at what might've been via some customs made by a fellow who likely has one of the best Dr. Strange collections in existence.

http://www.howardhallis.com/drstrange/customs/index.html

As he mentions this Forum in his description, some of you have likely seen these, but as the link to that thread doesn't work, I'm not sure if he still posts here.

Enjoy!

Love the reversal of emphasis on 110, with Human Torch being a tiny corner and PPP only named.

ETA: Yes yes, this is Coppers Heating Up... we know.

Edited by jcjames

28 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

This isn't Ebay and is in the current Comiclink auction, but this is a strong upcoming sale for this book right? I don't recall 9.8's going for this.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 3.41.46 PM.png

It was always the most expensive variant, next to the gold UPC, but the first time I've seen it this high. Usually a 1500 dollar range book

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

It was always the most expensive variant, next to the gold UPC, but the first time I've seen it this high. Usually a 1500 dollar range book

Yeah felt very strong to me. There was one 9.8 on Ebay for $4800, but that's now sold. I suspect someone finally discovered this sale happening and bought up the ebay copy.

13 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah felt very strong to me. There was one 9.8 on Ebay for $4800, but that's now sold. I suspect someone finally discovered this sale happening and bought up the ebay copy.

Wouldn't even consider it unless Toddy signed it

1 hour ago, Dr. Dank said:

Wouldn't even consider it unless Toddy signed it

Yeah I was looking for a signed copy to. It appears a signed 9.8 sold for $7K in late April. There’s a double signed 9.8 currently selling no reserve auction on eBay and is at $6100 with like 4 days left.

32 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I was looking for a signed copy to. It appears a signed 9.8 sold for $7K in late April. There’s a double signed 9.8 currently selling no reserve auction on eBay and is at $6100 with like 4 days left.

I just want a raw VF...and have wanted it for 30 years...I should've jumped when they were around $100