• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

I want to throw my hat into the ring on this Copper Age! Bought out all the store stock from a dealer who had a store during the 70's and 80's.

This doesn't even scractch the surface on the rest I didn't photogragh. The few sent to CGC have all are returned 9.8 and White pages. Here's a few more that will keep CGC busy. This stuff was never circulated or sold and have been stored for 20 to 30 years.

There are the same multiples ( nearly 50 each of Nova #1, Star Wars #1 and yes, Hulk #271. Mostly Newsstand and Canadian Editions ) About 28,000 comics in all, perfectly preserved.

003_zps7f94b578.jpg

001_zps8d153651.jpg

002_zps5ac3a2e5.jpg

:popcorn:

Had a great haul from the Orlando Comic Expo today....multiple copies each of ASM 300, NM 98, and a ton of quality dollar comics (like about a half dozen 9.8 potential Thor 344s). Woot!

Can I ask what kind of prices those NM 98's were fetching at the con?

Remind me why this book is hot again? I see it on the copper age trending section of Lyria Exchange but for the life of me I don't know why the 1st Black Mask is so dang interesting to everyone. hm

This is just my thought, but after watching the Batman/Red Hood animated movie today I realized that Black Mask plays a big role in the movie. That movie is really popular on netflix now.

Probably a longshot on that, so its just a hunch.

Edit: Also, judging from the new Arkham Origins trailer, Black Mask is the primary villain.

Edited by aggr1103

Had a great haul from the Orlando Comic Expo today....multiple copies each of ASM 300, NM 98, and a ton of quality dollar comics (like about a half dozen 9.8 potential Thor 344s). Woot!

$90-$100 each in raw is pretty common nowadays.

I see many "NM" raw copies reach the $150+ mark. One just closed over 2 bills of I'm not mistaken. They'd better hope they scored a 9.8, otherwise they're in the hole immediately.

I see many "NM" raw copies reach the $150+ mark. One just closed over 2 bills of I'm not mistaken. They'd better hope they scored a 9.8, otherwise they're in the hole immediately.

My guess is they'll never slab it and they'll just tell themselves they have a "raw 9.8" because they "don't need somebody to tell them what a 9.8 is!"

lol

Of course, some eventually DO try to slab their books... then they get the REAL grade and it's not 9.8, so they list them on ebay as "undergraded" :facepalm:

I was watching your auction and it brought me a pretty good laugh to see your legit obvious VG go for that much. Hope the buyer doesn't try to return it to you for being "not as advertised." or other shenanigans because they were not paying attention.

My guess is they'll never slab it and they'll just tell themselves they have a "raw 9.8" because they "don't need somebody to tell them what a 9.8 is!"

lol

Of course, some eventually DO try to slab their books... then they get the REAL grade and it's not 9.8, so they list them on ebay as "undergraded" :facepalm:

I'm sure that a lot of people are trying to flip them. CGC is forgiving on this book, but flaws are easily hidden in the auction pics with nice blurry pics that make it look MINT. Oldest trick in the book, and people still fall for it. I make sure my pics are crystal clear. I might be leaving money on the table, but I've never had a raw book returned to me.

This is not unlike the Copper collection I found earlier this year. No X-Factor # 5 & # 6s though. :sorry:

But there are so many other books throughout the late 70's and 80's. For instance, I just saw GPA numbers for Star Wars #42 are around $200 each because Boba Fett and some other bounty hunters are on the cover, the same goes for Spider-Woman #1. I have approximately 50 copies of these that I'm mining through today. It's like I just picked them up from the printer shop before they even went to the distributors.

You have to change your name to "The Market." :headbang:

Im not usually one to ring bells on books im actively pursuing but i cannot find upgrades for these two books

Ill post pics later if no one else can, the two books are:

Shamans tears #1 platinum

Prophet Vol2 #1 platt variant newstand (non chromium)

The second book i was convinced for years did not exist....then i found one in the wild, but its trashed.

If you dont wanna sell, thats fine, just post a pic so dont lose hope!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not usually one to ring bells on books im actively pursuing but i cannot find upgrades for these two books

The second book i was convinced for years did not exist....then i found one in the wild, but its trashed.

If you dont wanna sell, thats fine, just post a pic so dont lose hope!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me. If anyone has these, it is Dollar Box Dice.

:wishluck:

You mean Butthurt Bosco doesn't have one? :baiting:

You mean Butthurt Bosco doesn't have one? :baiting:

:roflmao:

Butthurt Bosco.

:whee:

Remind me why this book is hot again? I see it on the copper age trending section of Lyria Exchange but for the life of me I don't know why the 1st Black Mask is so dang interesting to everyone. hm

This is just my thought, but after watching the Batman/Red Hood animated movie today I realized that Black Mask plays a big role in the movie. That movie is really popular on netflix now.

Probably a longshot on that, so its just a hunch.

Edit: Also, judging from the new Arkham Origins trailer, Black Mask is the primary villain.

As keys get out of reach, or people have them all and get bored, they look for the next thing to take off. Speculation (by thought and by word, not the investment strategy) about future break-out books is a popular pasttime, to which these very boards can obviously attest.

This chatter and speculation is the incubator of a key. A tipping point is reached and a book takes off, or ticks to a higher price point. It is not so much because a character appeared here or is this important, it is because we as collectors have willed it so.