• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

I always find it weird when a 9.8 starts hitting prices like $160 but a raw VF/NM copy can be had for 5 dollars.

Because when it comes to copper/modern...it's 9.8 or nothing

The high prices usually start dragging the raw prices up as the possibility of pressing and subbing a 9.8 is just as tempting when the book is $20 as when it $5 when the 9.8 is $150+

I always find it weird when a 9.8 starts hitting prices like $160 but a raw VF/NM copy can be had for 5 dollars.

Because when it comes to copper/modern...it's 9.8 or nothing

The high prices usually start dragging the raw prices up as the possibility of pressing and subbing a 9.8 is just as tempting when the book is $20 as when it $5 when the 9.8 is $150+

For sure on both of these, the raws eventually start to rise, it is interesting though how long they lag can be sometimes when other times the raw prices almost instantly rises when 9.8 coppers hit that magic $200 dollar or so mark.

What's super crazy is way back in 2006 one of the board members offered to get his collection of NTT #44 submitted to CGC and would sell you a 9.8 or 9.6 at slightly higher than cost of the service. I think the 9.8 was $75 and the 9.6 was $45 or something like that. So I failed and got the CGC 9.6 copy. :facepalm:

There was a veteran board member here asking about the 9.8 TTA #44 I have coming back from CGC, I told him I wanted $250, He said "But I've been buying them for under $200, and the last ebay sale was $190!! Where do you get $250?

I told him, that's the price I want, not what's on GPA or what the last ebay sale was. He then said "I can respect that, I do the same thing.

I told him, that's the price I want, not what's on GPA or what the last ebay sale was. He then said "I can respect that, I do the same thing."

Impressive... normally your statement would result in the messaging equivalent of Veruca Salt. (The girl, not the band.)

These heating up threads I think do have an impact on sales prices of any book that is talked about for a page or two.

Also it will be interesting to see how these books react going into and after the Arkham Origins release.