• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Well there you go. Superman Adventures 5 is only popular because of Kevin76 :facepalm:

I think you would be surprised at how much some whispers on a few message boards across the internet can get the needle to move on certain books with a low number of listings on eBay. The fact that people continue to downplay this notion here doesn't make it any less true.

Well there you go. Superman Adventures 5 is only popular because of Kevin76 :facepalm:

I think you would be surprised at how much some whispers on a few message boards across the internet can get the needle to move on certain books with a low number of listings on eBay. The fact that people continue to downplay this notion here doesn't make it any less true.

I'm not down playing it. But in this particular instance, I think its a face-palmable notion. Sometimes books get popular, however, the first appearance of Livewire has been whispered and rumoured about long before Kevin's "prediction".

which I'm not trying to down play either, because I like when people bring up different ideas on this forum.

6 months ago I predicted Superman Adventures 5 and people on here thought I was being stupid

But this is what you wrote. lol

Yea but I had bought that books 6 months ago cause I believed it would heat up, I didn't mention it till a while ago, I told my brother to buy it when I did and he also got the Action 835 which he has on ebay now in 9.8. I know you talk to him all the time, where do you think the list of books he tells you comes from??? It all comes from what I tell him what he should be on the look out for.

Do you record and post everything here on the boards that you think will heat up later on? Of course not, I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate and listing anything they think will be heating up later on. You are all so quick to make snap judgments though.

I'm not down playing it. But in this particular instance, I think its a face-palmable notion. Sometimes books get popular, however, the first appearance of Livewire has been whispered and rumoured about long before Kevin's "prediction".

which I'm not trying to down play either, because I like when people bring up different ideas on this forum.

It doesn't warrant a facepalm. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Pick a book. Name drop it here and elsewhere, give a reason (it doesn't even have to be accurate or correct, see Action 894) why it warrants attention. Watch all the dollar and two dollar listings on eBay get purchased. A new listing with the book for 15 or 20 dollars or more appears. Some poor sap, or a friend of the seller, or the seller's shill account, buys the book. Now everyone looks at completed listings and they see what they want to see, the jump in price. And now you have a movement on an otherwise dead issue. This happens all the time. It doesn't always work of course, but it is common.

Superman Adventures 5 is doing inappropriate things right now. Good for you and whomever else that is making money on it, but I don't believe the interest in the book is genuine. The prices on that book are going to freefall. This is not Harley Quinn. And even if you do believe Livewire's potential is similar to Harley Quinn's you wouldn't be paying Harley Quinn prices before that potential is actually realized.

Pick a book. Name drop it here and elsewhere, give a reason (it doesn't even have to be accurate or correct, see Action 894) why it warrants attention. Watch all the dollar and two dollar listings on eBay get purchased. A new listing with the book for 15 or 20 dollars or more appears. Some poor sap, or a friend of the seller, or the seller's shill account, buys the book. Now everyone looks at completed listings and they see what they want to see, the jump in price. And now you have a movement on an otherwise dead issue. This happens all the time. It doesn't always work of course, but it is common.

Superman Adventures 5 is doing inappropriate things right now. Good for you and whomever else that is making money on it, but I don't believe the interest in the book is genuine. The prices on that book are going to freefall. This is not Harley Quinn. And even if you do believe Livewire's potential is similar to Harley Quinn's you wouldn't be paying Harley Quinn prices before that potential is actually realized.

"Superman Adventures 5 is doing inappropriate things right now."

The jokes I could make out of this...

I don't believe the interest in the book is genuine.

So you speak for the rest of the comic community? Must be nice being a mind reader to millions.

This is not Harley Quinn

Everyone knows that, That's why she's called Livewire and has powers unlike Harley Quinn and even has a different costume on.

6 months ago I predicted Superman Adventures 5 and people on here thought I was being stupid

But this is what you wrote. lol

Yea but I had bought that books 6 months ago cause I believed it would heat up, I didn't mention it till a while ago, I told my brother to buy it when I did and he also got the Action 835 which he has on ebay now in 9.8. I know you talk to him all the time, where do you think the list of books he tells you comes from??? It all comes from what I tell him what he should be on the look out for.

Do you record and post everything here on the boards that you think will heat up later on? Of course not, I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate and listing anything they think will be heating up later on. You are all so quick to make snap judgments though.

Which part of "people on here" didn't you understand when you wrote it? lol

Hey, keep up the good work - we may disagree, but we're all in this together. (thumbs u

So you speak for the rest of the comic community? Must be nice being a mind reader to millions.

I'm still waiting for a reason as to why this book is to be sought after. If you could also give me a reason Action 894 is worth a look as well that would be nice.

Sticking with DC's animated universe, SA 5 has no business commanding more money than Batman Beyond #1.

Edited by darkstar

I tend to agree with the above.

All Kevin wants for someone to say he was right. Otherwise he will keep repeating this over and over and over. Someone oblige him.

I'm still waiting for a reason as to why this book is to be sought after. If you could also give me a reason Action 894 is worth a look as well that would be nice.

Sticking with DC's animated universe, SA 5 has no business commanding more money than Batman Beyond #1.

Figure it out yourself, you think you know everything.

All Kevin wants for someone to say he was right. Otherwise he will keep repeating this over and over and over. Someone oblige him.

Make a list Fastball, What do you predict what will take off in the future that could be found now in a dollar box?

I'm not looking for validation, I'm defending my opinion

No wonder Larry of Larry's Comics doesn't post his market report here anymore, people on the boards can't seem to handle it.

I'm not looking for validation, I'm defending my opinion

No wonder Larry of Larry's Comics doesn't post his market report here anymore, people on the boards can't seem to handle it.

Stop your crying. You are looking for validation and have been for pages upon pages most are just tired of reading it I know I am.

You made a good pick. Great job. I would give you a pat on the back emote con if they had one.