• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,854 posts in this topic

Ha! And now SA 4 is sold out at MCS. Good job, gang!

Hmm, even they only had one copy.

I pulled my copy . . . it's an ad on the letters page for the next issue. meh If that blows your skirt up, make me an offer! lol

Earth to comic-buying public: These do NOT constitute appearances. :sumo:

I pulled my copy . . . it's an ad on the letters page for the next issue. meh If that blows your skirt up, make me an offer! lol

It's her image on that page. That's an appearance no matter what the market says and you can be damn sure that if BA 11 had an image of Harley ( which is does not! ) it would sell out everywhere in a matter of moments.

Edited by MrWeen

It's her image on that page. That's an appearance no matter what the market says and you can be damn sure that if BA 11 had an image of Harley ( which is does not! ) it would sell out everywhere in a matter of moments.

There's appearance as written in the Oxford dictionary, and there's appearance as understood by comic book collectors. Words in the English language are often co-opted for use in ways that do not reflect their literal meaning.

If someone calls you 'bro', do you think they are a family member?

X Factor 6 BIN for $300 or less seems to be a thing of the past. CGC 9.8

Righto. Sold one for $325 last night, and another this morning for the same. Have to adjust the price northward on my last copy. That makes four copies sold in the last two weeks....I guess that means it's hot or something.

There's appearance as written in the Oxford dictionary, and there's appearance as understood by comic book collectors. Words in the English language are often co-opted for use in ways that do not reflect their literal meaning.

By "as understood by comic collectors" you must be referring to the comic's market value or presence in the narrative otherwise a first appearance should be determined by the definition of the word. Market prices do not concern me in this matter. If I collect all the Livewire appearance then I'm gonna need SA 4 to complete the collection. If I collect Harley Quinn appearances then I need Batman & Robin 1 because half her head is on a poster on the cover. Some people like to argue that an appearance has to happen in the narrative. That's rubbish. If Livewire's image appears in print at the end of SA 4 then that's her first appearance and there's really no debating that until someone finds an earlier image.

Same goes for Foom 2Daredevil 119 & Marvel Premiere 19 ( someone mentioned this the other day )

ASM 359

Preacher Preview

Malibu Sun 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-15-CGC-9-8-NM-M-WildC-A-T-S-Grifter-Pre-Dates-Wildcats-1-/121346545516?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d1576c

and Malibu Sun 13

DC Releases 21

and many others I won't bore people with.

Also I'm not trying to change the market and I am very happy for anyone who makes a dime on this weeks flavor. I really just though it would be interesting to note that she appeared in the previous issue of SA.

I would also like to know what this caption meant by "this time" I'm not a big superman fan. The wording of this makes it sound like she has appeared before? Was there a different Livewire I don't know about?

e_zps1a2fae5d.jpg

By "as understood by comic collectors" you must be referring to the comic's market value or presence in the narrative otherwise a first appearance should be determined by the definition of the word.

This is the crux. You feel the market should see things the way you do. It doesn't. Never has. You are NEVER going to be able to dictate to the market that appearance should be the literal definition. You, the tail, will not be able to wag the dog.

e_zps1a2fae5d.jpg

How could that be considered even a cameo? It is the same exact cover as the appearance, and not something especially made to notify the market of her coming soon. Not even a unique image.

Come on now. Admit it. You are teasing people now just to have fun.

e_zps1a2fae5d.jpg

How could that be considered even a cameo? It is the same exact cover as the appearance, and not something especially made to notify the market of her coming soon. Not even a unique image.

:D

I kind of like seeing the cover to 5 in black ink.

e_zps1a2fae5d.jpg

:D

I kind of like seeing the cover to 5 in black ink.

Now THAT I can understand. It does seems to make the artwork stand out.

7fg7.jpg

By "as understood by comic collectors" you must be referring to the comic's market value or presence in the narrative otherwise a first appearance should be determined by the definition of the word. Market prices do not concern me in this matter. If I collect all the Livewire appearance then I'm gonna need SA 4 to complete the collection. If I collect Harley Quinn appearances then I need Batman & Robin 1 because half her head is on a poster on the cover. Some people like to argue that an appearance has to happen in the narrative. That's rubbish. If Livewire's image appears in print at the end of SA 4 then that's her first appearance and there's really no debating that until someone finds an earlier image.

Same goes for Foom 2Daredevil 119 & Marvel Premiere 19 ( someone mentioned this the other day )

ASM 359

Preacher Preview

Malibu Sun 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-15-CGC-9-8-NM-M-WildC-A-T-S-Grifter-Pre-Dates-Wildcats-1-/121346545516?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d1576c

and Malibu Sun 13

DC Releases 21

and many others I won't bore people with.

Also I'm not trying to change the market and I am very happy for anyone who makes a dime on this weeks flavor. I really just though it would be interesting to note that she appeared in the previous issue of SA.

I would also like to know what this caption meant by "this time" I'm not a big superman fan. The wording of this makes it sound like she has appeared before? Was there a different Livewire I don't know about?

e_zps1a2fae5d.jpg

1. For comics, "appearance" means in a story whether you like it or not. Dictionaries are irrelevant.

2. Like Harley Quinn, Livewire was created for animated television, not comics. I'm sure Superman Adventures readers were assumed to be familiar with the characters from the show.