• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

these jokes you speak of must be told in the super secret forums because i havent read them. most people toss insults or spew anger when the don't have a counter argument. look, my view may be in the minority but it doesn't mean it's wrong. my desire if for universally accepted definition which i understand will never happen. not all comics preview a character at the end of a comic so if im collecting livewire i would want to own that comic, especially in the case as the art differs from the cover to issue 5. sounds like im helping collectors here not confusing them. dont let the amount of posts i have trick you, ive been collecting comics for close to 30 years. im not always right but i dont have an agenda either. i dont own any copies of sup adv 4 or 5

You can own one now . . . :grin:

:gossip: Oh, and btw, it's the same art.

SOLD! :D

:applause:

Time to stick mine up there hm

Why is Hulk 340 a $300 book in 9.8? Pretty Cover.

There are other reasons that are far more crazy as to why a book commands 3 figures.

You seem to be having a hard time wrapping your head around this concept, How old are you? 22? 23?

I thought besides the cover it was the the first rematch since Hulk #181?

Edited by paul747

Why is Hulk 340 a $300 book in 9.8? Pretty Cover.

There are other reasons that are far more crazy as to why a book commands 3 figures.

You seem to be having a hard time wrapping your head around this concept, How old are you? 22? 23?

I thought besides the cover it was the the first rematch since Hulk #181?

I just always assumed it was the most popular of the McFarlane Hulk issues due to Wolverine's appearance and rematch. (shrug)

Edited by dane323

I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

Just because someone suggests a comic may heat for a reason or for no reason doesn't mean that the comic will heat up. If that person does so with some profit driven intent, so what? People aren't allowed to go on anonymous forums and start rumors that might drive up the prices of certain commodities?

Maybe the logic for the reasoning WAS flawed, but with if the price of the comic still went up? Who cares? We are all still free to believe or not believe any person or their reasonings in the same way. I'm not sure this thread needs to 'protect its integrity so stringently', or hold itself to a higher standard of proof.

Aren't most of the people in this thread looking for some way to make some moneys? Some people's method of doing so might be to read the thread, others to post. Sometimes the posts are right, sometimes wrong.

I take this thread to be "What comics do you think are or will heat up on ebay?"

If I say 'Wolverine 100' and leave no explanation is the worst crime ever? What if it was selling for $1 a year ago and is now selling for $3 (huge increase percentagewise!). Have I done everyone a favor, or just wasted everyone's time? What if I don't even have a reason, just noticed the trend? Or what if I know the reason, but don't want to share it because that's how I make my money?

I agree (thumbs u

:o

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to give me a reason as to why Superman Adventures 5 is worth even close to three figures and why the current prices on eBay are an accurate estimate of its current value.

The reason has already been given. Livewire is being touted as the next potential Harley Quinn. The fact that you don't like that line of reasoning doesn't invalidate it.

I don't understand the second part of your sentence. It's worth three figures because the market deems it worth three figures. If arm's length transactions on eBay aren't accurate estimates of current value, what would be? Your opinion of how other people should value their comics?

Again it has nothing to do with my personal thoughts on the character. It has everything to do with paying realized prices when that potential hasn't actually been achieved yet. 100 dollars raw for SA 5? Why? A year ago that was what BA 12 was selling for, well after Harley had already arrived.

Somebody casually mentions All-Star and now she's the next Livewire, the next Harley Quinn and its time to start grading her first, and only appearance, and deem it difficult to find in high grade? That is asinine and its insanity.

Good luck finding that All-Star first appearance. Rarity counts for some of the hype, if any really exists. Apparently intro into the new 52 is reason enough. That's fine just odd. If I am collecting anything from the clusterfk that is the new 52 it's Batman issues and first appearances that I dig like Cullen Row, Strix, Vyndktvx, John Diggle, Aunt Eunice and Volthoom while hoping for the new 52 debut of Snowflame.

Edited by MrWeen

Good luck finding that All-Star first appearance. Rarity counts for some of the hype, if any really exists. Apparently intro into the new 52 is reason enough

Over 15.5k printed. Shouldn't be that difficult to find considering it wasn't on anyone's radar until a few days ago.

Good luck finding that All-Star first appearance. Rarity counts for some of the hype, if any really exists. Apparently intro into the new 52 is reason enough. That's fine just odd. If I am collecting anything from the clusterfk that is the new 52 it's Batman issues and first appearances that I dig like Cullen Row, Strix, Vyndktvx, John Diggle, Aunt Eunice and Volthoom while hoping for the new 52 debut of Snowflame.

I don't think anyone said that All-Star would be introduced, just that they are going to introduce more women so now people are scrambling. They may all be new characters, like Jessica Cruz. (who you say? yup)

Edited by ygogolak

Kevin has a right to pimp the book, Darkstar has a right to call wildly_fanciful_statement. All this hucksterism and bashing the guy who dares point out that the emperor has no clothes is making this feel like a sportcard forum :makepoint:

Kevin has a right to pimp the book, Darkstar has a right to call wildly_fanciful_statement. All this hucksterism and bashing the guy who dares point out that the emperor has no clothes is making this feel like a sportcard forum :makepoint:

Finally. Thought I was going crazy. It's no different than when junkdrawer kept posting over and over that ultra high grade copies of BA #12 were NOT coming anytime soon, no matter the levels the book hit on Ebay. All the while he was selling his BA #12s in the hype soup he carefully cooked up.

Good luck finding that All-Star first appearance. Rarity counts for some of the hype, if any really exists. Apparently intro into the new 52 is reason enough

Over 15.5k printed. Shouldn't be that difficult to find considering it wasn't on anyone's radar until a few days ago.

Well 15.5k is pretty darn low for a print run, particularly when print runs as low as 7k are broken out in the OSPG. Plus, under the radar is exactly why it may prove difficult to find, particularly in HG. Let's keep an eye on eBay and see what pops up, shall we?

Show me evidence that I'm wrong and I'll admit to it.

Sales figures are proving you wrong. It is worth 3 figures because ppl will pay 3 figures. There needs to be no other reasons or proof.

Well Looky-hoo :grin: here's the only one currently available. :o
Well, i probably didnt have much chance to win it before, but that just fell to 0 .Thanks!

Sales figures are proving you wrong. It is worth 3 figures because ppl will pay 3 figures. There needs to be no other reasons or proof.

A month of sales backed by the internet hype machine. It will all come crashing down soon.

Any thoughts on what an ASM 300 double cover would bring in CGC 9.6 or possibly 9.8? Bought one this weekend from my LCS and I am going to fast track it soon. It was on consignment and wasn't labeled as a double cover. Luckily I took it out of the bag and noticed it.

I know the book is pretty hot with the movie possibly in the works.

I found my ASM #129 CGC 9.6 double cover the same way but through a local seller. He was a reseller so I'm 99% sure he didn't know what he had either. And I wouldn't have known had I not taken it out and looked through it like you did.

I seriously think this happens quite often with double covers. Every one that I have found started with holding the book, and instinctively thinking, "this doesn't feel right - it's too heavy". Often, while not stuck together, the two covers have not been separated (possibly ever). :grin:

I bought a Thor #337 that the seller didn't realize was a double cover. I didn't realize it either until I subbed it and it came back notated that way.

You subbed a book without doing a page count, interior check, etc.?

I don't think anyone said that All-Star would be introduced, just that they are going to introduce more women so now people are scrambling. They may all be new characters, like Jessica Cruz. (who you say? yup)

What is the source for this? Where did DC say they were going to introduce more women?

A month of sales backed by the internet hype machine. It will all come crashing down soon.

Calling JC, calling JC . . . lol:insane: