• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on what an ASM 300 double cover would bring in CGC 9.6 or possibly 9.8? Bought one this weekend from my LCS and I am going to fast track it soon. It was on consignment and wasn't labeled as a double cover. Luckily I took it out of the bag and noticed it.

I know the book is pretty hot with the movie possibly in the works.

I found my ASM #129 CGC 9.6 double cover the same way but through a local seller. He was a reseller so I'm 99% sure he didn't know what he had either. And I wouldn't have known had I not taken it out and looked through it like you did.

I seriously think this happens quite often with double covers. Every one that I have found started with holding the book, and instinctively thinking, "this doesn't feel right - it's too heavy". Often, while not stuck together, the two covers have not been separated (possibly ever). :grin:

I bought a Thor #337 that the seller didn't realize was a double cover. I didn't realize it either until I subbed it and it came back notated that way.

You subbed a book without doing a page count, interior check, etc.?

lol Yep. Subbed a modern without doing a page count or interior check. It was probably graded in the same manner. :jokealert:

Here's what I don't understand. Why would you spend $100 for a NM copy of Livewire's first appearance when you can get a low grade copy of BA12 for about the same price?

Seems like the greater fool theory at work.

You seriously collect low-grade copies? :baiting:

I absolutely will collect a low grade copy of whatever book suits my fancy. I'd rather have a low grade copy of something awesome than sit around wishing I had something awesome in higher grade and then settling for something else.

This entire market is about greater fools rogering greater fools, while even greater fools are waiting for their turn.

You buy and sell a lot Fingh, what level of fool are you?

I don't buy Copper. I have Copper. I have been buying Copper since I was in the Copper age myself.

The only time I buy Copper and moderns is when I can get it for uber cheap. I have never paid more than a dollar for an X-Factor 6, and I never will. Same with ToTT44, right down the line.

Plus, I spend most of my time creating manufactured collectibles that give Dunbar a thrombo.

But I am definitely a fool. Just not a fool who pays for Copper books.

This entire market is about greater fools rogering greater fools, while even greater fools are waiting for their turn.

I don't buy Copper. I have Copper. I have been buying Copper since I was in the Copper age myself.

The only time I buy Copper and moderns is when I can get it for uber cheap. I have never paid more than a dollar for an X-Factor 6, and I never will. Same with ToTT44, right down the line.

Plus, I spend most of my time creating manufactured collectibles that give Dunbar a thrombo.

What's a thrombo? lol

Better investment of $100ish? Darkhawk 1 in 9.8. He's going to pop up with all these cosmic stories coming up in the movies. Wouldn't be surprised if his amulet ends up being an Infinity Gem.

Source for your information? Or more board speculation?

Better investment of $100ish? Darkhawk 1 in 9.8. He's going to pop up with all these cosmic stories coming up in the movies. Wouldn't be surprised if his amulet ends up being an Infinity Gem.

I think he's basing it on the character's role in Realm of Kings and War of Kings storylines. IIRC, it heavily featured the Guardians of the Galaxy lineup that will be in the movie, Nova, Inhumans, Kree and others

Okay, I finally understand why Livewire is getting all the attention! Apparently DC is going to have the character undergo a gender change in the new DC 52. The character will start out female, but will undergo a sex change operation early next year in a 3 part storyline in the Superman titles. DC has shown they are capable of pushing the envelope with characters like Batwoman and Superman hasn't had a socially edgy storyline in recent memory. This has to be a first for DC and comics in general:

http://www.cracked.com/

I can't wait to see what we get from the cosplayers next summer.

Edited by rjrjr

What's a thrombo? lol

A bruise. A bad one. As in deep vein thrombosis.

Used in a sentence:

Fingh has put a thrombo on my wallet several times with his manufactured collectibles.

Did this Livewire girl appear in the actual television animated show first prior to being in a comic?

If you're asking whether the episode or the comic came out first, I'm not sure, but...

I have the 1990s Superman Animated Series DVD set and watch the shows semi-regularly with my toddler. I had never heard of Livewire, but watching the episode (this a few months before the recent hype) I did think she was a fun character with some potential. Her name and costume are cool, and in this episode she did have some of the zing of the early 90s Harley.

Did this Livewire girl appear in the actual television animated show first prior to being in a comic?

If you're asking whether the episode or the comic came out first, I'm not sure, but...

I have the 1990s Superman Animated Series DVD set and watch the shows semi-regularly with my toddler. I had never heard of Livewire, but watching the episode (this a few months before the recent hype) I did think she was a fun character with some potential. Her name and costume are cool, and in this episode she did have some of the zing of the early 90s Harley.

I like this character better, personally:

roxy_zpsc2784d8a.jpg

I think he's basing it on the character's role in Realm of Kings and War of Kings storylines. IIRC, it heavily featured the Guardians of the Galaxy lineup that will be in the movie, Nova, Inhumans, Kree and others

Okay, that makes sense I guess.

Maybe I'm the only one, but while I liked Darkhawk when it was being published (i.e. when I was a kid), I don't think the look of the character has kept up with the times. The visuals are very unappealing. (The character looks a lot like a Chigger from the Space: Above and Beyond TV series.) If this character does get picked up for a movie (and I'm very doubtful as we are talking about one of Marvel's D list characters) I see a complete redesign of the character's look for a movie.

Speaking of character designs, is anyone else disappointed in the look of the Collector in the latest GOTG trailer? I thought for sure after the preview for this character was poorly received (cheap set, poor costume, etc.), they would have updated the look. The character looks as bad in the GOTG trailer as he did in the movie preview. He looks like one of the villains of the week off the old Lost In Space TV series.

Edited by rjrjr

Word of the day: thrombo. lol

Awesome. I've already called some dikk that cut me off, a thrombo today.

A thrombo isn't a bruise FTR. It's more specifically a "thromboembolism"...or blood clot. Think about it like a stroke waiting to happen.

That said, Sean does have the capacity to cause strokes. :)

I need to get my VHS slabbed.

I need to get my VHS slabbed.

Forget that. Livewire's FIRST appearance was in the imagination of Bruce Timm. So if you really want to get serious, we need to remove his brain and cryoslice it, then place it on a microscope slide for preservation.

A thrombo isn't a bruise FTR. It's more specifically a "thromboembolism"...or blood clot. Think about it like a stroke waiting to happen.

I have Totes McGotes been on best behavior for a long time now. :angel:

Livewire and All-Star "hype" are someone's idea of a bad joke to part fools and their money. Just like Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl and twice as many appearances as Livewire and All-Star combined too.

I have Totes McGotes been on best behavior for a long time now. :angel:

Why? Did you get a wrist slap?