• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,843 posts in this topic

Did this Livewire girl appear in the actual television animated show first prior to being in a comic?

If you're asking whether the episode or the comic came out first, I'm not sure, but...

I have the 1990s Superman Animated Series DVD set and watch the shows semi-regularly with my toddler. I had never heard of Livewire, but watching the episode (this a few months before the recent hype) I did think she was a fun character with some potential. Her name and costume are cool, and in this episode she did have some of the zing of the early 90s Harley.

I like this character better, personally:

roxy_zpsc2784d8a.jpg

+1 RR

Did this Livewire girl appear in the actual television animated show first prior to being in a comic?

If you're asking whether the episode or the comic came out first, I'm not sure, but...

I have the 1990s Superman Animated Series DVD set and watch the shows semi-regularly with my toddler. I had never heard of Livewire, but watching the episode (this a few months before the recent hype) I did think she was a fun character with some potential. Her name and costume are cool, and in this episode she did have some of the zing of the early 90s Harley.

roxy_zpsc2784d8a.jpg

+1 RR

Refresh my memory, who is that?

Better investment of $100ish? Darkhawk 1 in 9.8. He's going to pop up with all these cosmic stories coming up in the movies. Wouldn't be surprised if his amulet ends up being an Infinity Gem.

Come on you are beating this Darkhawk to death...

All come back and tell you it was genius if it happens, but man is that a stretch on the gem thing.

Edited by Fastballspecial

roxy_zpsc2784d8a.jpg

+1 RR

Refresh my memory, who is that?

Oh here goes the farm.. Roxy rocket and its also the 3rd appearance of HQ

Darkhawk was about as lame as it got in the 90's. One of those characters that had to have a guest star for the first 20 issues...

I'm sure there are some people that want one for nostalgia reasons like a Rom 1, but I don't see any future for that character.

Darkhawk was about as lame as it got in the 90's. One of those characters that had to have a guest star for the first 20 issues...

I'm sure there are some people that want one for nostalgia reasons like a Rom 1, but I don't see any future for that character.

The Character already has a future. Used heavily, and in a very awesome way, in war of kings, annihilation, and avengers arena recently... Next up: possible new herald of a certain purple planet eater maybe..?....

Livewire and All-Star "hype" are someone's idea of a bad joke to part fools and their money. Just like Squirrel Girl

Here is my Livewire local market report:

I picked up an Action Comics #835 from a flea market dealer for $1 on May 17, 2014. Another collector had just exhaustively went through the dealer's two Superman long boxes. I did not see any Superman Adventures among the 40 or so books he bought. When I handed the dealer my 5 $1 books, he had no reaction to seeing the AC 835. Yet this guy had his New Teen Titans #21 selling for $10 (and we had a discussion about this book when he saw me looking at it.) He frequently asks me why I pick up certain books, and I frequently ask him what other people are buying.

I picked up Superman Adventures #'s 4, 5, and 65 for $3 each yesterday at my second-closest LCS. No other customer asked me about my tiny stack while I was browsing. The owner and employee didn't say a single word about Livewire. When I brought up Harley Quinn and the Joker's daughter during September 2013, they mentioned there was a huge buzz in-store and multiple phone inquiries about the 3D covers featuring these two characters.

Then I went to my closest LCS to ask the owner/operator if people were talking about Livewire. He said I was the first! He didn't even know who Livewire was. I asked him if he could check if she was in any current titles. He checked and said she wasn't. I didn't push things because I wasn't interested in buying Justice League #30.

Why is New Teen Titans #21 being sought out? (shrug)

1st appearance of Brother Blood?

Right... (shrug)

No one's a bigger 80s NTT fan than me, but what is the interest in Brother Blood?

Why is New Teen Titans #21 being sought out? (shrug)

1st appearance of Brother Blood?

Right... (shrug)

No one's a bigger 80s NTT fan than me, but what is the interest in Brother Blood?

He was on Arrow

I'm all for 21 and 22 to start getting some recognition but Blood has already been featured heavily on Arrow and his first appearances haven't done much of anything so far. Might have something to do with the character on the show only vaguely resembling either of the Bloods in the comics.

Felicity Smoak's first appearance is still a dollar book too, despite being the most adored character on the show.

Which I guess goes to show you that TV Hype is all built on Sand.

Books that may never see a TV Screen sell for more than books featuring popular characters, on proven, successful shows.

Edited by Flatliner1313

Felicity Smoak's first appearance is still a dollar book too, despite being the most adored character on the show.

Which I guess goes to show you that TV Hype is all built on Sand.

Books that may never see a TV Screen sell for more than books featuring popular characters, on proven, successful shows.

And Waller has been on multiple shows, nothing. Brother Blood saw a mini spike, same as Ravager II

Better investment of $100ish? Darkhawk 1 in 9.8. He's going to pop up with all these cosmic stories coming up in the movies. Wouldn't be surprised if his amulet ends up being an Infinity Gem.

Come on you are beating this Darkhawk to death...

All come back and tell you it was genius if it happens, but man is that a stretch on the gem thing.

Who would've thought the Aether would end up being one?

Just saying there seems to be a short supply of this book on eBay.

The only one out there right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/130934071813

It's priced higher than what they typically sell for but usually there's at least a half dozen of these on eBay at any given time.

Edited by comicalgems