• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

Rough.

$6.50 shipping on a single book will do that.

The copy that sold for $15+ had shipping of $5.50, so you made a BS comment there.

Peace,

Chip

Apparently you don't understand the psychology of that ONE EXTRA DOLLAR tacked on to shipping charges. It's enough to make MANY buyers, not even give your auction a second look.

Or, maybe it's just bad luck... :eyeroll:

But hey...PEACE, right Chip?

I do just fine on ebay and charge $6 shipping because I always ship priority insured. Never had any complaints

Me too. All of my BINs have $6 shipping and it doesn't seem to hurt my sales at all. People balking at expensive shipping is as silly as people balking at the Heritage buyer's vig. Is it really that hard to factor it into the price you want to pay? If I want to spend $100 on an item, I don't care if I pay $100 with free shipping or $80 with $20 shipping.

I do just fine on ebay and charge $6 shipping because I always ship priority insured. Never had any complaints

Me too. All of my BINs have $6 shipping and it doesn't seem to hurt my sales at all. People balking at expensive shipping is as silly as people balking at the Heritage buyer's vig. Is it really that hard to factor it into the price you want to pay? If I want to spend $100 on an item, I don't care if I pay $100 with free shipping or $80 with $20 shipping.

:idea:

Edited by paperheart

Me too. All of my BINs have $6 shipping and it doesn't seem to hurt my sales at all. People balking at expensive shipping is as silly as people balking at the Heritage buyer's vig.

True-dat, but you're not selling $3 books like Chip. He's gotta pay for pablum. ;)

What is your average sale price per item?

Good point, now that USPS PM auto-insures up to $50. Lon? Hope you're not using that crappy (now default) eBay insurance. hm

The fact that you are able to sell items on eBay charging $6 in shipping isn't evidence that your sales would not improve if you lowered the charge. It matters a great deal, especially on books priced at lower than 10 dollars. Yes it is silly, as the cost of shipping is the cost of shipping, but a large contingent of eBay buyers prove that they are silly and dumb on a daily basis.

I've switched to free shipping in the US on BINs. But I generally only list slabs. I don't think I would ever offer free shipping on raw book auctions.

True-dat, but you're not selling $3 books like Chip. He's gotta pay for pablum. ;)

I'm not sure what you're getting at there because it's not like the book wasn't 100% profit at the hammer price.

Whatever...I was just commenting that the $15 #283 was an anomaly.

Peace,

Chip