• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,854 posts in this topic

let's get back on track (sorry Chip)

Swamp Thing 67 (contains HellBlazer Preview)

I sold a copy last weekend for $18.50 and it seems this book has picked up since mid May (most copies selling around $15-$25). This used to be a $1-2 book

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=swamp+thing+67&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yep, that's a good call - see this one staying where it is until the show starts (or until someone slabs a 9.8 copy)

For a preview book? Wow!

DC Comics Presents 26 :baiting:

You teaser! You know the two are not the same.

lol

One is a straight preview of an upcoming book (Swamp Thing #67 with content for the upcoming Hellblazer #1). The other is a introduction story ("Where Nightmares Begin!") which then continues on into New Teen Titans #1. The content in DC Comics Presents #26 doesn't show up again until it was reprinted in Tales of the Teen Titans #59.

Quite true, but then explain the Preacher Preview to me . . . (shrug)

I know. It comes down to fans of a character/title wanting everything and anything they appear in.

It's the same with The Goon's Dreamwalker #0 and Avatar Illustrated 1998 preview material that pre-dates Goon #1.

I had a Swamp Thing 67 VF/NM in a 7 day auction end at $7.55 (only 18 page views). Not bad for a dollar bin find, and certainly paid for the NM+ copy that I bought the same day.

Can someone explain to me why the Livewire hype has completely skipped Supes Adv #22? It's her actual second appearance, but it's only a cameo. Is it lack of information (even though all over the web, it's clearly her 2nd app), lack of cover appearance? There are still copies available for a couple of bucks, while everything else seems to go for at least $5-10. :shrug:

Can someone explain to me why the Livewire hype has completely skipped Supes Adv #22? It's her actual second appearance, but it's only a cameo. Is it lack of information (even though all over the web, it's clearly her 2nd app), lack of cover appearance? There are still copies available for a couple of bucks, while everything else seems to go for at least $5-10. :shrug:

I'm also wondering why nobody's talking about some of her other earlier appearances like in Action Comics #839, 842 and 843. And she's on the cover of #842 and #843. (shrug)

I've been snagging nice copies of these books the last couple of weeks expecting an upturn at some point in time.

Edited by Shark

I had a Swamp Thing 67 VF/NM in a 7 day auction end at $7.55 (only 18 page views). Not bad for a dollar bin find, and certainly paid for the NM+ copy that I bought the same day.

Can someone explain to me why the Livewire hype has completely skipped Supes Adv #22?

$7.55 is a good sell for a VF/NM copy.

Fixed the next part for you too. :foryou:

Can someone explain to me why the Livewire hype has completely skipped Supes Adv #22?

$7.55 is a good sell for a VF/NM copy.

Fixed the next part for you too. :foryou:

:facepalm:

let's get back on track (sorry Chip)

Swamp Thing 67 (contains HellBlazer Preview)

I sold a copy last weekend for $18.50 and it seems this book has picked up since mid May (most copies selling around $15-$25). This used to be a $1-2 book

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=swamp+thing+67&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yep, that's a good call - see this one staying where it is until the show starts (or until someone slabs a 9.8 copy)

For a preview book? Wow!

DC Comics Presents 26 :baiting:

You teaser! You know the two are not the same.

lol

One is a straight preview of an upcoming book (Swamp Thing #67 with content for the upcoming Hellblazer #1). The other is a introduction story ("Where Nightmares Begin!") which then continues on into New Teen Titans #1. The content in DC Comics Presents #26 doesn't show up again until it was reprinted in Tales of the Teen Titans #59.

Quite true, but then explain the Preacher Preview to me . . . (shrug)

I know. It comes down to fans of a character/title wanting everything and anything they appear in.

It's the same with The Goon's Dreamwalker #0 and Avatar Illustrated 1998 preview material that pre-dates Goon #1.

There are some Goon strips that were published in Diamond Previews back in 05 that are rare as sh*t too.

Proof that the "Livewire hype" is just insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators buying what a few manipulators are telling them to buy?

What step is that in the lead-up to the crash?

Proof that the "Livewire hype" is just insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators buying what a few manipulators are telling them to buy?

The Livewire situation has nothing on the Scalped #43 debacle that's happening in the Modern thread, IMO.

What if the answer is simply that the market has not reflected the true value of Livewire 22 because people just aren't that informed. I remember when early Harley Quinn appearances were pretty easy to find, not because they were abundant but because no one was looking yet.

I still say that trashing Livewire is foolish. It's ok to dislike the character but from a seller's standpoint alone I don't get the backlash. DC is using her right now, she has a costume even my wife likes and she has a limited number of hard to find appearances. Seriously unless you missed the boat I don't see a reason to complain or to use her to illustrate market manipulations where none exist.

Edited by MrWeen

This isn't the 1980s. Anyone who actually cares about Livewire can very easily find out about all of her appearances and has had this ability for years.

I know I tracked down some obscure appearances of characters I like who weren't (and still aren't) popular almost a decade ago.

I don't dislike Livewire. She's a decent character. She just has nothing to warrant the prices we've seen recently.

This isn't the 1980s. Anyone who actually cares about Livewire can very easily find out about all of her appearances and has had this ability for years.

I know I tracked down some obscure appearances of characters I like who weren't (and still aren't) popular almost a decade ago.

I don't dislike Livewire. She's a decent character. She just has nothing to warrant the prices we've seen recently.

I don't think you actually read my post :(

Edited by MrWeen

You're saying people need somebody to "inform" them "Superman Adventures 22! HOT HOT HOT! Livewire appearance! BUY BUY BUY!" and until they are "informed" the prices will remain where they deserve to be. :eyeroll:

I'm saying that the information is readily available for anyone who wishes to seek out appearances of Character X or whatever else they want. If people actually cared about early appearances of Livewire, they could buy them or even start bidding wars for them without the need for hype.

You're saying people need somebody to "inform" them "Superman Adventures 22! HOT HOT HOT! Livewire appearance! BUY BUY BUY!" and until they are "informed" the prices will remain where they deserve to be. :eyeroll:

I'm saying that the information is readily available for anyone who wishes to seek out appearances of Character X or whatever else they want. If people actually cared about early appearances of Livewire, they could buy them or even start bidding wars for them without the need for hype.

:applause:

The Livewire situation has nothing on the Scalped #43 debacle that's happening in the Modern thread, IMO.

I just read that thread. doh!doh!

Hi Jeff,

It most certainly is a lack of information, as I was unaware of it. I had a nice sale on my #23 and now I'm going to pull and post that one! (thumbs u

-d

Actually, it isn't. You need to get off your duff Lazyboy (eponymous) and actually read the books - everything you search for and find on the internet is not true :news:

Though, somebody's been working hot and heavy on this page . . .

It took a LONG time for Quinn's early Adventure books to catch on (outside of 12). It wasn't that they were unknown.

For years, I think the market struggled with what should be the desired 1st appearance: In continuity or non. This affected how people viewed some of the later BA appearances.

Though I don't feel Livewire has the same power as Quinn (or will), her later issues may just be a result of it being early in the process.

Patrick