• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

This point is completely valid. If Livewire demand was being driven by fans of the character, who want to own and read her appearances, SA 22 shouldn't have been skipped over in the recent jumps in price and demand.

It's an Internet hype fuelled gold rush.

That's silly. A sale still needs to be consummated. You naysayers don't understand a free market. (Nor do you own any HG copies of these books). lol

Yea, they are just jealous

sa5.jpg

The SA 5 is a 9.8.

That said this character and book is exactly what 500Club said it was.

Nice to see a number 4 in there :D

I'm saying that the information is readily available for anyone who wishes to seek out appearances of Character X or whatever else they want. If people actually cared about early appearances of Livewire, they could buy them or even start bidding wars for them without the need for hype.

This point is completely valid. If Livewire demand was being driven by fans of the character, who want to own and read her appearances, SA 22 shouldn't have been skipped over in the recent jumps in price and demand.

That's silly. A sale still needs to be consummated. You naysayers don't understand a free market. (Nor do you own any HG copies of these books). lol

Focus.

We're not discussing whether sales are occurring. We're discussing WHY sales are occurring. It's an upward spiral created by a sequence of greater fools, as fingh outlined earlier in the thread. The only question is: who is the last in line?

And, having been involved in equities for fifteen years, I'll gladly match my knowledge of markets and market forces against yours, especially if you embrace the specious third grade level argument that naysayers must simply not own the books.

If you think the rise in prices is indicative of a sudden intrinsic value in the character or stories then you must think the Dutch really valued tulips in the 1600s. :baiting:

So which Livewire appearances do you own?

All of the SA ones, as I had all the DC adventures titles on my pull list.

Seriously, though, arguing naysayers must not own the books is ridiculous, as is the flip side argument, which is to accuse the folks arguing for the book as pump-and-dumpers.

So are you saying that no percentage of naysayers exist who would try to cool the market value of the book because they missed the boat? How can you know that for sure?

Edited by MrWeen

I'm saying that the information is readily available for anyone who wishes to seek out appearances of Character X or whatever else they want. If people actually cared about early appearances of Livewire, they could buy them or even start bidding wars for them without the need for hype.

Focus.

We're not discussing whether sales are occurring. We're discussing WHY sales are occurring. It's an upward spiral created by a sequence of greater fools, as fingh outlined earlier in the thread. The only question is: who is the last in line?

And, having been involved in equities for fifteen years, I'll gladly match my knowledge of markets and market forces against yours, especially if you embrace the specious third grade level argument that naysayers must simply not own the books.

If you think the rise in prices is indicative of a sudden intrinsic value in the character or stories then you must think the Dutch really valued tulips in the 1600s. :baiting:

Seriously, though, arguing naysayers must not own the books is ridiculous, as is the flip side argument, which is to accuse the folks arguing for the book as pump-and-dumpers.

So are you saying that no percentage of naysayers exist who would try to cool the market value of the book because they missed the boat? How can you know that for sure?

That is nearly irrelevant. It is infinitely easier to pump a nothing book than it is to cool down a legitimate book.

Focus.

That is nearly irrelevant. It is infinitely easier to pump a nothing book than it is to cool down a legitimate book.

So are you saying that no percentage of naysayers exist who would try to cool the market value of the book because they missed the boat?

So are you saying that no percentage of naysayers exist who would try to cool the market value of the book because they missed the boat?

Why would they care?

Focus.

Does one exist? Yup, there's a chance. Just ask Lauren Holly. :grin:

This book is a recent phenomenon, though. Instead of expending effort on trying to cool it, I'd think someone who missed the boat might just hit LCSs to find one.

I don't understand why people are so mad over this book taking off? If things like this make you upset, maybe it's time to leave the hobby?

Who is mad? Some of us are just trying to understand it.

Edited by rjrjr

I don't understand why people are so mad over this book taking off? If things like this make you upset, maybe it's time to leave the hobby?

The guy who only cares about money and not about comics telling people to leave the hobby. Funny.

I'm not sure how pointing out questionable hype and market manipulation equals being mad.

The guy who only cares about money and not about comics telling people to leave the hobby. Funny.

I'm not sure how pointing out questionable hype and market manipulation equals being mad.

You all sound like your mad, it is what it is, Why is Deadpool popular? Cause that's just the way it is! You don't have any control over what's going to take off and what isn't. I can't stand Deadpool, I don't see the appeal with him walking around with spider-man eyes but he's popular. Just deal with it.

As much as he can be an irascible jerk, Kevin is right. Stuff gets popular, deal with it. Do the reasons really matter? Do your best to profit off of it, if that's your desire.

It's not like exploiting the new hot thing is anything new under the sun. Business savvy people have been doing it for thousands of years.

Focus.

This arguement is irrelevant because it is based on a logical falicy, instead of attacking the arguement with a well reasoned arguement of your own, you are attacking the person claiming they are biased with absolutely no proof. Missing the boat might explain why someone makes an arguement against the book but it does not address the arguement itself.

No, but I would say the percentage of such "brainless malcontents" is extremely low, like less than 1% of 1%, since they have no monetary reason to do so. Time is money, so only a fool would waste it without a payoff.

On the other hand, of those mass-hyping the books, I would estimate a very large percentage of those do have a stake in it, through available books they want to sell. It's just the nature of the beast, and this whole "haters are trying to ruin my sales because they're jealous" fantasy you're promoting is pretty freaking crazy, even for the CGC boards. :facepalm: