• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

You guys do realize that Zack has just been throwing random out there to see if anyone will bite, right?

Pffft.

Manitoba is for girls.

And fake MIT.

:shy:

Hey by the way RMA - thanks again I bought your Spawn Action Homage 9.6 a few months ago. A+++ Great looking book!

http://www.comicvine.com/superman-adventures-20-getting-blasted/4000-48250/

Trust me she totally appears in this issue, it's her first appearance

I read the issue and have it in front of me.

Shes not there.

What page?

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

You guys do realize that Zack has just been throwing random out there to see if anyone will bite, right?

Pffft.

Manitoba is for girls.

And fake MIT.

:shy:

Hey by the way RMA - thanks again I bought your Spawn Action Homage 9.6 a few months ago. A+++ Great looking book!

You did....?

hm

I don't remember owning a copy of that book.

Superman Adventures 20 first appearance of Volcana - another sleeper coming to 52. Costume has Cosplay written all over it.

lol What is this thing with cosplay being a factor in a book being hot?? Somebody show me a pic of a girl dressed up as Livewire. I don't think it's going down like that...shoot it took like 20 years before I saw some Power Girl costumes.

Superman Adventures 20 first appearance of Volcana - another sleeper coming to 52. Costume has Cosplay written all over it.

lol What is this thing with cosplay being a factor in a book being hot?? Somebody show me a pic of a girl dressed up as Livewire. I don't think it's going down like that...shoot it took like 20 years before I saw some Power Girl costumes.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=livewire+cosplay&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WSqZU4yWBYeUyASC5oHABg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1323&bih=631

https://www.google.ca/search?q=livewire+cosplay&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WSqZU4yWBYeUyASC5oHABg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1323&bih=631

Yikes :sick: those were not the girls I was looking for.

Yikes :sick: those were not the girls I was looking for.

+1 :sorry:

Superman Adventures 20 on Ebay being gobbled up quick, Volcana is the new Livewire!

No Zack. No.

You mentioned this earlier and I bought all the copies on ebay and I bought a copy today at a store.

Have you read Superman Adventures #20? I have. Volcana is not in it. SO NO ZACK. NO.

(shrug)

http://comicbookscalping.com

they don't need to fall through the cracks to be good buys. When its announced one of the standalone movies is Boba Fett that book will see a huge gain

The inside leaks about one of the standalone movies being Boba Fett has already led to a run-up in the price for Star War 42. If people are waiting for an official announcement, they will have already missed the party. I'm not sure how much further this issue has to climb.

I disagree. Look at what is happening with X-Factor 6.

SW 42 is going to go up...a lot.

I hope you are right. :) But here is why I think the comparison is apples to oranges:

1) X-Factor 6 has the first appearance of a comic character - Star Wars 42 has the first appearance of a movie character in a comic

2) X-Factor 6 is a superhero comic - Star Wars 42 is not

3) X-Factor 6 is part of a family of comics (X-Men) that have a book or two consistently near the top of the 300 comics - Star Wars is part of a family of comics (Star Wars) that typically sell in the middle of the top 300 comics

Do you feel Star Wars #42 is going to go higher than Star Wars #1? I don't think it will, so that too me defines its upper price. Star Wars #1 contains the first comic book appearances of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia, at least two of which are going to be in upcoming movies. If the leaks are true, Darth Vader will be used to promote the new movies next year in 2 TV specials. Star Wars #2 has the first appearances of Han Solo and Chewbacca. Han Solo is also the subject of one of the upcoming Star Wars spinoff movies. One thing all 3 comics (Star Wars #1, #2, and #42) have in common is none of them are rare in high grade.

Is there a precedence for a movie character's first appearance in a comic book to be priced at the same value as comic character peers? Even Star Trek #1 (Gold Key) is not at the same value as it's superhero peers.

Again, I hope you are right as I have boxes of Marvel Star Wars comics I've been collecting over the years. It would be nice to think I can convert some of those comics to actual money when I decide to give up collecting. But, history has shown the superhero characters get all the collectors attention and money. Look at 300, Watchmen, and a dozen other movies made from comic books which don't feature superheroes. The only thing I see that Star Wars has over these other properties is it's longevity. But then again, Star Trek has been around even longer and while the first issue is worth quite a bit, it is pittance next to superhero titles from the same era.

im still wondering why Fett gets all the attention. im pretty sure star wars 41 is yoda's first comic appearance, he has a much larger fan base than fett and there had been talk of a solo yoda film.

Superman Adventures 20 on Ebay being gobbled up quick, Volcana is the new Livewire!

No Zack. No.

You mentioned this earlier and I bought all the copies on ebay and I bought a copy today at a store.

Have you read Superman Adventures #20? I have. Volcana is not in it. SO NO ZACK. NO.

(shrug)

http://www.comicvine.com/superman-adventures-20-getting-blasted/4000-48250/

Trust me she totally appears in this issue, it's her first appearance

I read the issue and have it in front of me.

Shes not there.

What page?

No Zack. No.

(shrug)

Yeah, I actually thought this book was real. Than I bought four copies on ebay, which is why all the copies on ebay are sold, and bought a copy at a store near my house.

But than someone who is obviously smarter than me, Our very own, ygogolak, pointed out Volcana wasn't in the book. So I looked for myself and I was wrong.