• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

It maybe should not be a hot book but tanking it is not ! just because there where a couple of high sales when there was only 2 listed means nothing. there is demand . you can clearly see a lot of the copies for sale are not NM books. Putting Livewire in the Harley price range is crazy talk.

NOT TANKING

No, its definitely tanking. Its lost half its value in high grades. Again, still selling for decent money, but it is clearly dropping.

Supply is bringing down the price currently. In a few weeks we will know if its more then that.

There will be some flux, but with that low a print run I would imagine the price is going to stabilize higher then most think.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I don't follow modern books but is livewire hot now in new books? or is this book hot only on the hope shes the next Harley?

anyone know the print run?

It's low 11,000 I think

26,287, and remember that's the Diamond number.

Thanks for this info. That's a very modest print run. It's also a comic marketed towards an age group that likely isn't too concerned with condition or preservation. I suspect it's harder to get a 9.8 that most comics from it's era. Sounds like a true collectible to me.

I don't follow modern books but is livewire hot now in new books? or is this book hot only on the hope shes the next Harley?

anyone know the print run?

It's low 11,000 I think

26,287, and remember that's the Diamond number.

Thanks for this info. That's a very modest print run. It's also a comic marketed towards an age group that likely isn't too concerned with condition or preservation. I suspect it's harder to get a 9.8 that most comics from it's era. Sounds like a true collectible to me.

Obviously there has been a lot of talk about Superman Adventures 5, and while the print run is modest, being an adventures book, I would have assumed it was closer to 10k, but its looking closer to 30k. That being said, Ween is right about the condition thing. While there will be plenty of NM books, there are a lot of ragged out and thrown away copies of this book too, making it harder to find in NM+ than the print run suggests.

As far as it being a " true" collectible.... meh. To me a true collectible needs to have staying power ( meaning value ). The market has already been flooded with this book and the demand couldnt sustain increase in suppy and didnt hold or move up, it went down a bit. I think it will get stable in the $ 30-40 range in NM for the short term, but DC will really have to push this character for it to have long term "true " collectibility. If they introduce her to the new 52 and then seldomly use her over the next 5 years this book will fall to $10 in that time or less.

There have been so many... COUNTLESS books that have gotten hot from 1990- now and were in the $25-100 range and then fell off for countless reasons. I wouldnt stake my reputation on calling this a true collectible yet. Even if you are right in hindsight years later, its too far a leap now, its a guess, you dont know what DC will do.

The argument about not finding NM+ books out there because it's a lower run kids book is iffy. The same argument was made about BA12 and as soon as the price skyrocketed the number of 9.8s doubled. If a book becomes popular, people will dig them out of their long boxes once the books are worth submitting to CGC.

Being a kids book might have something to do with it but BA12 is valuable because of Harley more than anything. Doubt Livewire will ever reach that level of mainstream popularity. SA5 got hyped up by these boards and is now coming back down to reality like all the rational boardies here predicted.

The argument about not finding NM+ books out there because it's a lower run kids book is iffy. The same argument was made about BA12 and as soon as the price skyrocketed the number of 9.8s doubled. If a book becomes popular, people will dig them out of their long boxes once the books are worth submitting to CGC.

Being a kids book might have something to do with it but BA12 is valuable because of Harley more than anything. Doubt Livewire will ever reach that level of mainstream popularity. SA5 got hyped up by these boards and is now coming back down to reality like all the rational boardies here predicted.

It was $1.50 in March and is still selling for $40-50. What is reality? Yes, there were a few $100 outliers, but not that many.

Livewire's ship sailed and sank. A 50.00 dollar book is still a healthy profit, but id expect you can pick one up fo 20ish by August end. Deathstroke first and all rarer appearances will be more sought after as we move into fall season. Character is still undervalued and deadpool collectors are picking up deathstoke appearances and jumping on board DC train lately. I can see NTT2 being a 2 to 3 hundred dollar book in raw in a year.

The census shows less than 200 9.8's for BA 12 so even if it doubled as you say the number is still small. You are right that people will dig them out but the amount of high grade copies found will be much smaller that a NM 98 which has a much much larger print run. I also do not thing it's iffy that the odds of finding a kids comics in high grade is harder. Kids tend to read their comics and care less about it's potential as a collectible especially in the case of BA 12 because it's true value wasn't known for many years after it's release. Yes it's true that Livewire's first appearance may never reach BA12's level but in all honesty that's a pretty lofty goal. I see no reason why SA 5 cannot maintain value over the long term especially if DC recognizes the new popularity of the character and uses her in some capacity. They would be stupid not to especially now.

The census shows less than 200 9.8's for BA 12.

That's a pretty healthy number, yet there are probably 200 more easily buried in long boxes across the country. :grin:

The census shows less than 200 9.8's for BA 12.

That's a pretty healthy number, yet there are probably 200 more easily buried in long boxes across the country. :grin:

I pulled three out of backstock last Saturday. They'll get graded September 5 and be on sale on eBay on September 6.

What is the market like for Bone #1 1st prints these days? I picked up a copy in a collection and am debating whether to hold or sell.

I think it's depressed, but will defer to someone else. I've picked up a #1 2nd for $10 recently.

That's still cheap. Have you checked GPA numbers on TMNT 1 2nd print? I did the other day and couldn't believe my eyes. The last 9.0 sold for $625 and the last 8.0 sold for almost $400. I gues I shouldn't be shocked. The Turtles are constantly popular and many collectors either can't find a first print or are (more likely) completely priced out of the market. I expect the 2nd print to continue to climb for some time.