• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

That's still cheap. Have you checked GPA numbers on TMNT 1 2nd print? I did the other day and couldn't believe my eyes. The last 9.0 sold for $625 and the last 8.0 sold for almost $400. I gues I shouldn't be shocked. The Turtles are constantly popular and many collectors either can't find a first print or are (more likely) completely priced out of the market. I expect the 2nd print to continue to climb for some time.

Good points. Maybe its time to buy more TMNT #1 2nd printings. hm

Not really, not yet at least. This has been a $10+ book for years. 1st Katana and 1st Outsiders.

funny how we get excited when a book is still selling for under guide as a hot book

Not really, not yet at least. This has been a $10+ book for years. 1st Katana and 1st Outsiders.

funny how we get excited when a book is still selling for under guide as a hot book

well it hasnt sold yet, 4 days left and it has bids and recent news that matters. it also looks like it will sell for well over guide. im pretty sure heating up is the apropriate term for this comic and i suspect others would have pointed out the importance of this comic in due time

a little more research would have shown something very interesting... like 20 copies of that book sold yesterday via BINS!!! looks like someone is trying to corner the market. while they pretty much all sold for around guide, you might be right about this one going over guide eventually as all the ones sitting in stores are well over guide and all the guide/a little below guide store copies were bought within the last couple of days.

well it hasnt sold yet, 4 days left and it has bids and recent news that matters. it also looks like it will sell for well over guide. im pretty sure heating up is the apropriate term for this comic and i suspect others would have pointed out the importance of this comic in due time

Agreed, more than just a post about the sale of one comic would have been helpful.

How about a linky? http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/02/devon-aoki-joins-arrow-as-katana/

He is pointing this out because the character has just been signed for a re-occurring role in the Arrow TV series. Just like Brother Blood and Rose it will get a nice bump from the TV show.

Edited by Fastballspecial

nobody finds the huge number of BINS on that book yesterday interesting??

It will be when somebody on here starts pimping it out as the next hot new thing...

Already happening elsewhere.

I would tread lightly, very few of the books related to the Arrow series and characters that have been featured on it have seen much interest in the secondary market. Nothing wrong with trying to get ahead of the curve, but similar first appearances haven't seen that much of an uptick in demand.

It will be when somebody on here starts pimping it out as the next hot new thing...

I would tread lightly, very few of the books related to the Arrow series and characters that have been featured on it have seen much interest in the secondary market. Nothing wrong with trying to get ahead of the curve, but similar first appearances haven't seen that much of an uptick in demand.

Yeah, I'm not sold on all these DC TV appearances keeping their demand. Only book that legitimately caught fire was New Teen Titans 2 because of Deathstroke. And even that surprises me since the picture I saw of him looks like a fanboy went to Ace Hardware and made his own getup.

Yeah, I'm not sold on all these DC TV appearances keeping their demand. Only book that legitimately caught fire was New Teen Titans 2 because of Deathstroke. And even that surprises me since the picture I saw of him looks like a fanboy went to Ace Hardware and made his own getup.

You sure you're not thinking of Deathlok from the SHIELD show?

That firestorm first Bite going from $1 to $15 is pretty cool. Isn't that all because of the Arrow Tv-Show?

No, Deathstroke not Deathlok. In fact DC just announced that Deathstroke will be getting another ongoing monthly starting in October.

I never saw what Deathlok looked like in that Agents of Shield show. Decent?

No, horrible. Deathstroke is basically a leotard and a sword, so not sure how that could look cheap. I don't mind it on the show.

That firestorm first Bite going from $1 to $15 is pretty cool. Isn't that all because of the Arrow Tv-Show?

Don't see any other reason for it and the show isn't even on right now.

No, Deathstroke not Deathlok. In fact DC just announced that Deathstroke will be getting another ongoing monthly starting in October.

I never saw what Deathlok looked like in that Agents of Shield show. Decent?

No, horrible. Deathstroke is basically a leotard and a sword, so not sure how that could look cheap. I don't mind it on the show.

Don't see any other reason for it and the show isn't even on right now.

The show just recently had a finale and is a wildly popular show. If it continues to do well I see no reason why first appearances of Katana, Diggle, Smoak, Ravager and others won't continue to rise in value. What do I know though I still think Agent Coulson's first appearance is undervalued. :grin: