• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MUTANTS-88-4-90-2nd-APPEARANCE-CABLE-X-FACTOR-X-MEN-ROB-LIEFELD-XF-/201534013958?hash=item2eec5d0206%3Ag%3AaqkAAOSwP%7EtW1%7Eq-&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

--

I guess this is the problem with giving a fuzzy partially cropped front cover only photo, not assigning a grade, and then say "look carefully at the picture to determine the grade"....

with that said, that issue is all over the place. it should be a solid $10-$25 book right now and it only sometimes is.

Actually the feedback would probably be the reason why I think. Horrendous.

Edited by Fastballspecial

The Punisher is a 1 dimensional character, that's the problem with him.

Is it the problem? I think it's the strength.

I do too, but keep him away from the Superhero world as much as you can.

Anything above Daredevil shouldn't be in his book. I always thought that Wolverine crossover was ridiculous. Logan would gut him in 10 secs in 2 panels. One for each piece.

Kev,

I have to agree here; I think one-dimension is his strength. Got a problem? Annihilate it. :sumo:

-d

That's why you'll never see a big budget Punisher film.

Anything above Daredevil shouldn't be in his book. I always thought that Wolverine crossover was ridiculous. Logan would gut him in 10 secs in 2 panels. One for each piece.

I tend to view it as the opposite. Some of my favorite comics was seeing the Punisher show up in random comics and seeing this hardcore crazy person interact with super powered beings.

Otherwise he's just a psychopath with guns, which isn't entertaining to me at all, or at least is common enough where it's not something that I look forward to. I feel a lot is lost when the Punisher isn't the Punisher anymore, and is just any ex-military guy with a gun in the normal world. I know literally hundreds of those they aren't very interesting at all.

I know some people do like the kind of ultra violent, ultra realistic version (which I think works fine on screen, but not my thing in comics), but I tend to favor him showing up in Gang War or Hearts of Darkness or being with Wolverine in Punisher War Journal over the kind of real world noir takes some do and like.

Found a Namor 62 for the 1st time ever the other day.

Not a high demand book by any means by a nightmare to find. Finally

found on out in the wild. Yes I could have bought one on ebay as there are

a few for sale, but nothing compares to searching and searching for that book

and finally finding it for $1.

I tend to view it as the opposite. Some of my favorite comics was seeing the Punisher show up in random comics and seeing this hardcore crazy person interact with super powered beings.

Otherwise he's just a psychopath with guns, which isn't entertaining to me at all, or at least is common enough where it's not something that I look forward to. I feel a lot is lost when the Punisher isn't the Punisher anymore, and is just any ex-military guy with a gun in the normal world. I know literally hundreds of those they aren't very interesting at all.

I know some people do like the kind of ultra violent, ultra realistic version (which I think works fine on screen, but not my thing in comics), but I tend to favor him showing up in Gang War or Hearts of Darkness or being with Wolverine in Punisher War Journal over the kind of real world noir takes some do and like.

Punny is out of place as a Spiderman villain. Makes much more sense as a Daredevil villain. Could work well with Moon Knight too

Too bad marvel didn't feature Punny in magazine form, like they did with Hulk and Moon Knight.

Too bad marvel didn't feature Punny in magazine form, like they did with Hulk and Moon Knight.

There's an entire run of Punisher magazines, not to mention the Marvel Previews and the various graphic novels out there.

Most were OK.

There's an entire run of Punisher magazines, not to mention the Marvel Previews and the various graphic novels out there.

Most were OK.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, those Punisher mags just reprinted comic stories. The 70s/early 80s Hulk and Moon Knight mags contained original stories

Marvel Super Action #1 and Marvel Preview #2 were all new new Punisher stories in B&W magazines that appeared in the mid-70's. The magazine format allowed for a little more violence than were seen in the pages of Amazing Spider-man at the time. So, Marvel tried it out... guess it just didn't stick.

Most were OK.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, those Punisher mags just reprinted comic stories. The 70s/early 80s Hulk and Moon Knight mags contained original stories

I'm fairly certain Marvel Preview #2 and Marvel Super Action #1 are original stories...97% sure. But they didn't do Punny like they did Moony, for sure.

The Punisher mag they did starting in the late 80's was just reprints.

Still, the run was kinda cool. Mags were out of favor by then.

Isn't MP2 his origin?

He's never been a character that I cared about or collected, but I seem to recall that the 2 big issues back in the day were the 129, the first appearance, and a B&W magazine (MP2?), the origin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MUTANTS-88-4-90-2nd-APPEARANCE-CABLE-X-FACTOR-X-MEN-ROB-LIEFELD-XF-/201534013958?hash=item2eec5d0206%3Ag%3AaqkAAOSwP%7EtW1%7Eq-&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

--

I guess this is the problem with giving a fuzzy partially cropped front cover only photo, not assigning a grade, and then say "look carefully at the picture to determine the grade"....

with that said, that issue is all over the place. it should be a solid $10-$25 book right now and it only sometimes is.

Actually the feedback would probably be the reason why I think. Horrendous.

But he sells, and gets some bids on other stuff and seems to have gotten his act together in the last month!

Yet my wife got thrown off selling on ebay because three packages I shipped to some guy were late. Not a "not as described", not a "he stole my money"...still had perfect feedback (over 1300) when they took away her selling privileges! And this guy is at 93%!!!!!!!!

Avengers 223 is blowing up a bit.

This

Is this due to Civil War flick or 2nd Taskmaster?

I think it's just because of Civil War and that the whole 'Ant Man on the Arrow' thing was in the last trailer.

This

I think it's just because of Civil War and that the whole 'Ant Man on the Arrow' thing was in the last trailer.

Finally, for a bad reason :cloud9:

This

Nice to see people buying comics for the shiny covers these days and not the stories.

It's also Taskmaster's 3rd app. as Marvel Team Up #103 is the 2nd full appearance with a much better cover for the shiny object collectors.

Found a Namor 62 for the 1st time ever the other day.

Not a high demand book by any means by a nightmare to find. Finally

found on out in the wild. Yes I could have bought one on ebay as there are

a few for sale, but nothing compares to searching and searching for that book

and finally finding it for $1.

I had the same experience for the same book around the first of the year. Definitely a :headbang: moment.