• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

Found a Namor 62 for the 1st time ever the other day.

Not a high demand book by any means by a nightmare to find. Finally

found on out in the wild. Yes I could have bought one on ebay as there are

a few for sale, but nothing compares to searching and searching for that book

and finally finding it for $1.

I had the same experience for the same book around the first of the year. Definitely a :headbang: moment.

How many do you want...?

:shy:

Too bad marvel didn't feature Punny in magazine form, like they did with Hulk and Moon Knight.

There's an entire run of Punisher magazines, not to mention the Marvel Previews and the various graphic novels out there.

Most were OK.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, those Punisher mags just reprinted comic stories. The 70s/early 80s Hulk and Moon Knight mags contained original stories

I'm fairly certain Marvel Preview #2 and Marvel Super Action #1 are original stories...97% sure. But they didn't do Punny like they did Moony, for sure.

The Punisher mag they did starting in the late 80's was just reprints.

Still, the run was kinda cool. Mags were out of favor by then.

Punny...Moony? :sick:

Too bad marvel didn't feature Punny in magazine form, like they did with Hulk and Moon Knight.

There's an entire run of Punisher magazines, not to mention the Marvel Previews and the various graphic novels out there.

Most were OK.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, those Punisher mags just reprinted comic stories. The 70s/early 80s Hulk and Moon Knight mags contained original stories

I'm fairly certain Marvel Preview #2 and Marvel Super Action #1 are original stories...97% sure. But they didn't do Punny like they did Moony, for sure.

lol Had the same reaction.

Most were OK.

Pffft...Punny's been called Punny for decades.

I think even Spidey called him Punny at one point.

Most were OK.

Pffft...Punny's been called Punny for decades.

I think even Spidey called him Punny at one point.

I didn't know you were one of the characters....A character maybe ;)

Most were OK.

Pretty uppity for someone who isn't around so much anymore :baiting:

Found a Namor 62 for the 1st time ever the other day.

Not a high demand book by any means by a nightmare to find. Finally

found on out in the wild. Yes I could have bought one on ebay as there are

a few for sale, but nothing compares to searching and searching for that book

and finally finding it for $1.

I had the same experience for the same book around the first of the year. Definitely a :headbang: moment.

How many do you want...?

:shy:

Pics or no proof

Most were OK.

Pretty uppity for someone who isn't around so much anymore :baiting:

It's been super busy at work :sorry:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARLORD-1-MINI-VF-NM-NEW-MOVIE-MORE-ROYLIN5-/121764532828?hash=item1c59bb525c:g:TGQAAOxy79JRhrCs

Is this story out of continuity, etc. and thus no interest?

Would have thought it might have perked up a bit as it is sort of an obscure low print run 1996/1997 marvel series. I don't see it much.

(I know, it's not copper really, but the modern forum is a little crazy right now)

It features a different character as Star-Lord. That might account for the reduced demand.

Which, in theory, wasn't a bad prediction, had DC treated the character correctly.

But, as many of you know, it didn't quite pan out that way.

Oops.

Hey, I was 18.

---------

Lobo and Punisher started to fizzle in popularity around the same time in the mid-90s. Lobo was not quite as popular as Punisher, but he was pretty popular for a while and then i guess his schtick wore thin. Punisher is part of the spiderman ethos, so it is easier to bring him back again and again and his key appearance is going to be worth more. If he had first appeared in Marvel Two in One or some other third tier title it wouldn't be the same. Deadpool did well with a comic trying to be funny many years later.

The biggest problem with the Punisher is the character is based on a archetype that has it's roots firmly planted in the 1970s. That was the era of the Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood revenge movies which spawned the Punisher. It looked like Marvel was going to reinvent the character in the 1990s but that fizzled. The character has been on life support every since then. The Netflix appearances will drawn attention to the character, but the Punisher's best days are behind him. Luckily, the aging fanbase remembers the character and his heyday, which is why ASM #129 is so valuable. Punisher's rise and fall are akin to the rise and fall of action hero movies. When Schwarzenegger, Willis, Stallone, Norris, etc. where at their peak, so was the Punisher. When those movies went out of favor, so did the Punisher.

Lobo is a one trick character whose best days where when his creator Keith Giffen worked on him. Unfortunately, very few other writers have been able to capture the zeitgeist that made Lobo popular. Lobo works best as an appearance in another heroes title, not in his own title.

I never count a character completely out though. The Punisher or Lobo can be made relevant today in the right creator's hands. Personally, I don't think every character can or needs to be an A lister. Marvel and DC Universes work best with a handful of A listers and a bunch of supporting characters (civilians, heroes, and villains.)

Lobo was basically satire. A goof on the "grim and gritty" characters of the '90s. Once that was out of style, the joke kinda fell flat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARLORD-1-MINI-VF-NM-NEW-MOVIE-MORE-ROYLIN5-/121764532828?hash=item1c59bb525c:g:TGQAAOxy79JRhrCs

Would have thought it might have perked up a bit as it is sort of an obscure low print run 1996/1997 marvel series. I don't see it much.

(I know, it's not copper really, but the modern forum is a little crazy right now)

It features a different character as Star-Lord. That might account for the reduced demand.

ahh, that would entail me reading it. the costume looked pretty similar, so i figured it was the same. and he's supposed to be assuming the name of starlord after quill disappears at some point, so it is semi-related, sort of.

Edited by the blob

ahh, that would entail me reading it. the costume looked pretty similar, so i figured it was the same. and he's supposed to be assuming the name of starlord after quill disappears at some point, so it is semi-related, sort of.

I only know that because when GOTG took off, I thought it would be a hot mini as well, since print runs had dropped a bit by then. So I looked it up. But hey, it's a first appearance and the first issue of the first Starlord book.

The biggest problem with the Punisher is the character is based on a archetype that has it's roots firmly planted in the 1970s. That was the era of the Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood revenge movies which spawned the Punisher. It looked like Marvel was going to reinvent the character in the 1990s but that fizzled. The character has been on life support every since then. The Netflix appearances will drawn attention to the character, but the Punisher's best days are behind him. Luckily, the aging fanbase remembers the character and his heyday, which is why ASM #129 is so valuable. Punisher's rise and fall are akin to the rise and fall of action hero movies. When Schwarzenegger, Willis, Stallone, Norris, etc. where at their peak, so was the Punisher. When those movies went out of favor, so did the Punisher.

The Punisher Max run did well enough to last 75 issues and still has a core of readers in the TPB market, IMO some of Ennis's best work

I would agree the Max run was fantastic, but I do think that it's best that he stays out of mainstream Marvel books that's why the Max run was so great. The Bradstreet covers were (thumbs u

Nicely composed (for someone with a crow diet . . . ) :baiting:

Hope everyone unloaded their Dark Knight Returns books. I don't see them rising anymore now that the movie came and clanked.

DKR slabbed 9.8's won't continue to rise but I *highly* doubt they will drop, either.

The movie has hardly "came and clanked", either.

It has been playing in the US for less than 24 hours, there is Friday,Saturday and Sunday to come and go, to see how the movie will do on its' opening weekend.

Predictions are good, despite the Rotten Tomatoes reviews.It's being "conservatively forecasted" to bring in 120-150M over this weekend.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24/box-office-preview-batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-my-big-fat-greek-wedding-2

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-1201721710/

For those that doubt the allure of Copper Age newsstands (even with their supposed 50/50 print ratio to direct copies) in CGC 9.8 holders, I present you with the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201533218526?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Just sold, and the buyer has paid.

Almost $100 over the last sale of a CGC 9.8 direct edition copy.

The downside is that this newsstand CGC 9.8 sold for about $125 LESS than the last newsstand CGC 9.8 copy sold for, last month.

That copy went off at $359 (plus 19.5% buyer's premium + tax) so call it $429 + tax and shipping/insurance.

However, that last copy was sold through Heritage *and* the wrap was just about perfect, with no white showing.

For those that doubt the allure of Copper Age newsstands (even with their supposed 50/50 print ratio to direct copies) in CGC 9.8 holders, I present you with the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201533218526?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Just sold, and the buyer has paid.

Almost $100 over the last sale of a CGC 9.8 direct edition copy.

The downside is that this newsstand CGC 9.8 sold for about $125 LESS than the last newsstand CGC 9.8 copy sold for, last month.

That copy went off at $359 (plus 19.5% buyer's premium + tax) so call it $429 + tax and shipping/insurance.

However, that last copy was sold through Heritage *and* the wrap was just about perfect, with no white showing.

What's more interesting is that it's a 1987 comic. Newsstand and direct was pretty close to 50/50 when they were printed. It's a reflection of the survival rate, not the print runs.