• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

It's amazing how cheap books can be had today.

Even "hot" books like Ten Nights of the Beast.

Back in 1989, at the height of Batmania, these books were in the Update for $12 each... $48 in 1989 dollars.

Now...$20 + shipping will buy you all four...in 2014 dollars.

I just want to see if which one wears down first this time.

I guess that would be me, but I just feel like I'm caught in this spiral of adversarial posting back and forth where everything is becoming more about one-upmanship than anything else. If I'm overreacting, I apologize. I'm not upset or annoyed in the least. It was simply starting to feel repetitive, and mostly due to my part in the discussion.

In general, the prices from 35 years ago, and newsstand vs. direct discussion, are fascinating as always. Just like I said last night, RMA always makes the thread a much better read.

As far as Copper newsstand is concerned, I remember visiting the local B. Dalton and Waldenbooks stores to grab books like Action Comics #662 and Silver Surfer #50 when they were unavailable for anything less than multiples of cover price everywhere else.

It's kind of a bummer that you can't catch up on any Marvels you miss at the newsstand these days.

I totally missed the boat on the Death of Robin. i thought it was dumb. I went to a downtown newsstand to get as many copies of Batman 429 as I could. They sold me one, and the guy really was kind of ticked off that I wanted to buy more than one.

Is there any chains that still have newsstands now other then Barnes and Nobles?

I haven't found yet other then them that carry newsstands anymore.

The last time I went looking for newsstand copies was when Marvel introduced the Angela character in GotG. I went to Books and Co., who, at the time still had an extensive comic selection. That was maybe 1 1/2- 2 years ago?

Is there any chains that still have newsstands now other then Barnes and Nobles?

The last time I went looking for newsstand copies was when Marvel introduced the Angela character in GotG. I went to Books and Co., who, at the time still had an extensive comic selection. That was maybe 1 1/2- 2 years ago?

I have never been to one, but what about Hastings?

I spoke to the manager at a Barnes & Nobles in Queens, NY over a year ago and he informed me that Marvel wasn't distributing anymore newsies because of too many returns. :(

I have never been to one, but what about Hastings?

Hastings gets new books, but not everyone has access to them. I also don't think they get newsstand copies per se.

I spoke to the manager at a Barnes & Nobles in Queens, NY over a year ago and he informed me that Marvel wasn't distributing anymore newsies because of too many returns. :(

The newsstand area in my Barnes and Nobles is pretty well dominated by Dark Horse, Archie, DC and I think even IDW had a few. Marvel has very few X-men, Avengers, Deadpool and that's about it.

The newsstand area in my Barnes and Nobles is pretty well dominated by Dark Horse, Archie, DC and I think even IDW had a few. Marvel has very few X-men, Avengers, Deadpool and that's about it.

And now Marvel has discontinued newsstand distribution of their comics entirely. I still see Marvel Super Heroes Magazine at Target though.

Book World is a chain in the frozen north(MN, WI, IA, IL, and MI, as I recall) that still sells comics. Fairly decent selection of trades and hardcovers as well.

How is Copper's correct and Coppers not? Is the title supposed to be that "Copper is heating/selling well on Ebay" or that "Coppers (copper comics) "that are" heating/selling on Ebay? If it's the first, then I understand, but I always assumed it was the latter. :)

Edited by epowe10097

Are those direct Marvel's or possible old stock? Marvel hasn't distributed to newsstands in almost a year now. If those are current newsstand Marvel, I would pick them up, because there won't be many of those around.

Edited by rjrjr