• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Can someone explain why Darkhawk is supposedly a hot title?

Why not Shadowhawk? At least there were some crazy covers for that one

I don't think anyone thinks Darkhawk is a hot title

Although I like both Darkhawk and shadow hawk. But not hawk man

Can someone explain why Darkhawk is supposedly a hot title?

Why not Shadowhawk? At least there were some crazy covers for that one

Let me rephrase your questions and see if the answer is more obvious... :grin:

Can someone explain why Marvel's 1991 Batman/Wolverine combo is supposedly a hot title?

Why not Image's 1992 over-printed Darkhawk ripoff?

lol

That came up in the TV-Movie section Constantine thread a few days ago. The CW posted the entire Season One on CW Seed most probably to see what the response would be to it.

I made sure to at least re-watch the first eight episodes over a few days. Easy to do once the show really got cooking.

But there is no Season Two commitment yet on the part of The CW.

That came up in the TV-Movie section Constantine thread a few days ago. The CW posted the entire Season One on CW Seed most probably to see what the response would be to it.

I made sure to at least re-watch the first eight episodes over a few days. Easy to do once the show really got cooking.

Perhaps, but speculation that it might get picked up should see some increased interest in the comics, I imagine. May be time to sell my Hellblazer 1.

Perhaps, but speculation that it might get picked up should see some increased interest in the comics, I imagine. May be time to sell my Hellblazer 1.

Very true. Even a glimmer of hope can lead to people diving on board again.

You are more likely...literally...to be hit by lightning than to find 9.9 copper books in the wild. Why?

1. CGC overprotects the 9.9 and 10 grades. This is most likely because they wanted to be taken seriously. Many, many books that deserve these grades are relegated to 9.8, and the 9.8 grade has possibly the single largest range of any grade on the scale. It is very, very difficult to get those grades, even when the books deserve them.

2. It takes less than a single slight stress or a slight bump to destroy a 9.9 potential. That means that, unless you find a collector who selected the best available copies when brand new and carefully stored them for decades ( :hi: ), you won't find any. Simply handling a book in a bag and a board is frequently enough to remove a book from 9.9 protential. Yes, that means CGC handling the books can and has knocked books out of 9.9 potential, as well as you simply packing the books up to send off.

When you combine those two, you'll find that finding "9.9s in the wild" is functionally impossible.

Although - and this may be the exception that proves the rule - the legendary New Mutants 98 10.0 was found in the wild. Foolkiller pulled it out of a box at a show.

Im fairly certain it was pressed though.... ?

It was pressed that's correct.

However, I also submitted five MOS 18s, and got 3 9.9s, those were unpressed, mostly because I thought they were 9.8s and pressing wouldn't have done anything more to improve them.

Edited by Foolkiller

You are more likely...literally...to be hit by lightning than to find 9.9 copper books in the wild. Why?

1. CGC overprotects the 9.9 and 10 grades. This is most likely because they wanted to be taken seriously. Many, many books that deserve these grades are relegated to 9.8, and the 9.8 grade has possibly the single largest range of any grade on the scale. It is very, very difficult to get those grades, even when the books deserve them.

2. It takes less than a single slight stress or a slight bump to destroy a 9.9 potential. That means that, unless you find a collector who selected the best available copies when brand new and carefully stored them for decades ( :hi: ), you won't find any. Simply handling a book in a bag and a board is frequently enough to remove a book from 9.9 protential. Yes, that means CGC handling the books can and has knocked books out of 9.9 potential, as well as you simply packing the books up to send off.

When you combine those two, you'll find that finding "9.9s in the wild" is functionally impossible.

Although - and this may be the exception that proves the rule - the legendary New Mutants 98 10.0 was found in the wild. Foolkiller pulled it out of a box at a show.

However, I also submitted five MOS 18s, and got 3 9.9s, those were unpressed, mostly because I thought they were 9.8s and pressing wouldn't have done anything more to improve them.

You have more luck any anyone I know of

Posted this in Bronze Age thought it fell in that, Captain America #310, all copies seem to have been bought up.

Really? I'm looking at eBay and I see only 4 copies that sold in the last week. What am I missing? hm

eBay Completed Copies

Yes, but it's also what's available. Only two BIN's and one auction and the BIN's start at $30 OBO.

Yes, the harder he works to find books, the luckier he gets.

Crazy, that correlation....

I think the original remark was in regards to submitting unpressed books and getting three 9.9's in the same batch.

I think the original remark was in regards to submitting unpressed books and getting three 9.9's in the same batch.

They were the copies at the bottom of stack 1 on pallet 28 in section 4 of his basement and pressed by the thousands of books on top of them . lol

If you buy like Brian does you will have a lot of nice books. (thumbs u

They were the copies at the bottom of stack 1 on pallet 28 in section 4 of his basement and pressed by the thousands of books on top of them . lol

If you buy like Brian does you will have a lot of nice books. (thumbs u

Have you been to my place recently?!

Sounds VERY similar to my setup... ?

You should keep a low profile around someone called 'Foolkiller'. :gossip: