• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Until 9.8s hit the $500 mark it is not a Copper book that is heating up. :sumo:lol

Sales have been moving up over the past few months. I guess pre-movie/tv-speculation is starting for Lobo?

Edited by kimik

Until 9.8s hit the $500 mark it is not a Copper book that is heating up. :sumo:lol

Sales have been moving up over the past few months. I guess pre-movie/tv-speculation is starting for Lobo?

Other than the movie in production?

LOBO is a go for real!

It must have been the latest Stan Lee news.

Stan Lee loves Lobo

Additionally, Lee was asked which comic book is a favorite of his that he had no part in creating. Surprisingly, he expressed a love for DC's intergalactic bounty hunter. "What was his name? Big, tough guy? Lobo," he answered after briefly struggling to come up with his name. "Did you ever see, Lobo? I thought he was a character that should be a Marvel character, 'cause he was the worst human being (he's actually an alien from planet Czarnia) on Earth, and he was so evil and vile and strong and ugly, and I loved him! But he belonged to DC. But they never knew what to do with him."

:grin:

LOBO is a go for real!

Stan Lee loves Lobo

Additionally, Lee was asked which comic book is a favorite of his that he had no part in creating. Surprisingly, he expressed a love for DC's intergalactic bounty hunter. "What was his name? Big, tough guy? Lobo," he answered after briefly struggling to come up with his name. "Did you ever see, Lobo? I thought he was a character that should be a Marvel character, 'cause he was the worst human being (he's actually an alien from planet Czarnia) on Earth, and he was so evil and vile and strong and ugly, and I loved him! But he belonged to DC. But they never knew what to do with him."

The latest Stan Lee news? Stan's been saying that for around 20 years!

LOBO is a go for real!

Stan Lee loves Lobo

But to Stan it was the first time he remembered saying it. (shrug)

LOBO is a go for real!

Stan Lee loves Lobo

Hah, one of the very few times DC stole the "look" of a Marvel character rather than the other way around..although the later version of Lobo did not look like the one they stole.

Omega Men #3 is quietly making its way up the charts.

The Main Man is finally getting his due...?

I am so glad I sold like 7 of my 10 copies before the price really started to pop.

Just sold the whole brother voodo strange tales run. on monday they will no doubt announce three brother voodoo movies are being made.

Edited by the blob

Omega Men #3 is quietly making its way up the charts.

The Main Man is finally getting his due...?

I am so glad I sold like 7 of my 10 copies before the price really started to pop.

Just sold the whole brother voodo strange tales run. on monday they will no doubt announce three brother voodoo movies are being made.

lol. I sold 2 9.8s earlier this year so I feel your pain.

We'll find out.

Joe Manganiello Cast As Deathstroke In Ben Affleck's BATMAN Movie

If you had actor Joe Manganiello pegged as the DC Universe's premiere assassin, give yourself a pat on the back.

Manganiello (True Blood, Magic Mike) has been rumored for the role of Deathstroke ever since Ben Affleck posted a brief glimpse of the assassin on his Twitter account. The role has been officially confirmed (via The Wall Street Journal) by Geoff Johns, and the character will appear in Affleck and John's upcoming Batman solo film, but it has yet to be confirmed whether he'll turn up in Justice League first.

Odds are that he at least makes a small cameo in League.

Fans first caught on to the idea when Manganiello was spotted in London, the same location that Justice League is currently shooting in. The actor not long after followed Justice League director Zack Snyder on Twitter. Now the news is official, and from the short clip, we know that he will indeed be sporting the orange and blue color scheme seen in the comics.

:whee:

Doesn't seem like it should go much higher. I believe the first post-announcement auction on eBay shot up to $760 pretty quickly, then stalled and closed at that price. Plenty of other BIN's in the $800-900 range have popped up since then on eBay with no takers (yet), so I don't see why anyone would spend much more on this one.

Isn't Omega 3 (1983) and NTT (1980) Bronze age still? Or did DC's copper age start earlier than marvel?

ntt seems like the border.

Omega 3 seems very copper to me. but opinions will vary on these topics....

Isn't Omega 3 (1983) and NTT (1980) Bronze age still? Or did DC's copper age start earlier than marvel?

hard to pin-point an event/book that began the Copper-age, but NTT 1 is widely regarded as a defining moment that helped usher in the era. But yes, I believe DC's entry into the CA pre-dates Marvel's entry

but opinions will vary on these topics....

yup - lots of opinions on the beginning of the Copper age

Edited by Hekla

hard to pin-point an event/book that began the Copper-age, but NTT 1 is widely regarded as a defining moment that helped usher in the era. But yes, I believe DC's entry into the CA pre-dates Marvel's entry

but opinions will vary on these topics....

yup - lots of opinions on the beginning of the Copper age

I'm going with 1984+ for both Marvel and DC imho

Hard to consider prestige format books like Omega Men 3 bronze.

As for NTT, I know years-wise under the revised definition it is bronz, but given that it is a title that ushered in and defined the copper age hard to call it bronze. Made the old 1980 up definition of copper a lot more palatable because there was a big title #1 sitting right there in 1980.

Interestingly enough, I don't have a hard time calling the whole Byrne run on X-Men bronze. It is a nebulous definition.

Edited by the blob

Hard to consider prestige format books like Omega Men 3 bronze.

As for NTT, I know years-wise under the revised definition it is bronz, but given that it is a title that ushered in and defined the copper age hard to call it bronze. Made the old 1980 up definition of copper a lot more palatable because there was a big title #1 sitting right there in 1980.

Interestingly enough, I don't have a hard time calling the whole Byrne run on X-Men bronze. It is a nebulous definition.

With marvel Secret Wars is considered to have ushered in the copper age in 1984. But I've also heard it was the Wolverine mini series. Hard to imagine a 4 year difference between the two companies. Ebay does state 1984+ though for copper. And this thread is titled Selling well on eBay 2c