• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Though I'm a huge Shaolin Cowboy fan, but I always wondered why Doc Frankenstein doesn't pull cash. 

Creators of the Matrix, Skroce, a small print run, and released with the popular Shaolin Cowboy 1st series.  Seems like a recipe for success. 

Planet of the Symbiotes are so volatile.  Another book I enjoy. 

Patrick

Two words:

Geof Darrow

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Aweandlorder said:
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, followtheleader said:

Though I'm a huge Shaolin Cowboy fan, but I always wondered why Doc Frankenstein doesn't pull cash. 

Creators of the Matrix, Skroce, a small print run, and released with the popular Shaolin Cowboy 1st series.  Seems like a recipe for success. 

Planet of the Symbiotes are so volatile.  Another book I enjoy. 

Patrick

Two words:

Geof Darrow

Yeah Darrow fans are rabid for that series. I have personally sold at least 8 sets of that series over the last few years. Never have a problem selling a NM set. The art is absolutely fantastic. 

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah Darrow fans are rabid for that series. I have personally sold at least 8 sets of that series over the last few years. Never have a problem selling a NM set. The art is absolutely fantastic. 

I'm aware.  It's less an issue of why Shaolin is pricey and why DF is not. 

Shaolin V1 and V3 were great.  V2 was terrible.  It's not that the art wasn't great in V2, it's the utter lack of any readable material and repetitiveness.  Got boring really quickly to the point of not worth buying. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, divad said:

Actually  . . . they do. I never buy from photos.:sumo:

Interesting.  I think both have their merits. I like photos for spotting cover dings and spine tics which reveal themselves in the reflection/shadowing you get from directional light. The flat, straight-on lighting of a scan helps these vanish because you don't have those subtle shadows to give them dimension. Not saying I prefer photos, just that when I see them I know I'll have a better idea of whether these flaws are present (and those are two particular pet peeves of mine).

On 12/30/2017 at 9:30 AM, Martin Sinescu said:

Interesting.  I think both have their merits. I like photos for spotting cover dings and spine tics which reveal themselves in the reflection/shadowing you get from directional light. The flat, straight-on lighting of a scan helps these vanish because you don't have those subtle shadows to give them dimension. Not saying I prefer photos, just that when I see them I know I'll have a better idea of whether these flaws are present (and those are two particular pet peeves of mine).

I just buy from anyone that has a return policy case closed. Sometimes even if they don't.. but that's when I get them stupid cheap!

On 12/31/2017 at 7:59 AM, Aweandlorder said:

I just buy from anyone that has a return policy case closed. Sometimes even if they don't.. but that's when I get them stupid cheap!

What's a return policy case?:insane: I don't buy things to return them - too much effort.

Edited by divad

5 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Right? Especially if an alleged 9.8 Silver Sable with than many obvious spine ticks is selling for that price.

Yeah, if that's a 9.8, mine's certainly an 11.2.  I just have to find the right box.

Edited by SteppinRazor

On 12/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just out of curiousity because I don't keep up with the cost of slabbing a modern/copper now can anyone tell me the cost now?

The reason I ask is unless the cost of slabbing has gotten much cheaper there are ton of people losing money selling slabs when they sell them. Either they cant grade, think auctions are where the money is at or they are just plain dumb. I couldn't believe the number of slabs I saw selling for less then $35 + shipping.

Someone give me the number on what the cost to slab/with shipping so I know the next time I am checking sales.  

I've only subbed two sets of prescreen (so 25 comics a piece), and by my calculations, it was a little over $21 per.  Those, like several of mine, could be slab fails.  Or they sell volume I guess.  Factor in misses though, and that's gotta be a razor thin margin.  I'm not selling as a business, just getting rid of my old collection so I probably am not slabbing any more, except maybe the handful I have over $100.  Given the attrition from missing 9.8s, I wouldn't be surprised if those $35 slab guys aren't actually making any money.

Edited by SteppinRazor

CEO of Valiant tweeted that we should start grabbing Eternal Warrior #4 (1992).  Another big time Valiant fan just posted that 24 hours from now, we may have a new general public interest in Valiant.

I guess we'll see.

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

CEO of Valiant tweeted that we should start grabbing Eternal Warrior #4 (1992).  Another big time Valiant fan just posted that 24 hours from now, we may have a new general public interest in Valiant.

I guess we'll see.

I'm interested to see what comes of this recent news. :wishluck:

On 1/3/2018 at 2:43 PM, valiantman said:

I guess we'll see.

:taptaptap: