• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Not going for a big amount or anything, but

Web of Spider-man #118  First Scarlet Spider

seems to be selling several graded per month

I found a raw 9.4/9.6 at a used book store for $2

That's worth noting, Anyhoo just thought that I'd mention it :) 

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not going for a big amount or anything, but

Web of Spider-man #118  First Scarlet Spider

seems to be selling several graded per month

I found a raw 9.4/9.6 at a used book store for $2

That's worth noting, Anyhoo just thought that I'd mention it :) 

It has picked up again. That book goes up and down like a yo-yo I have had times when I couldn't sell enough and others times when I couldn't give it away.

Edited by fastballspecial

Some Copperish books selling well lately.

Planet of the Symbiotes is selling well again. - The Venom Movie has helped it.
Single Late Miracleman issues sell well for me priced right

Several Marvel Age issues are now selling well. Many 1st appearances have finally been recognized in many 
of those books.

Comics Scene 2 is really selling well as well.
Marvel Fumetti is another book to keep a look out for.
Alf 48 continues its climb. Hate that book never find it.
Web of Spider-man 18 prices continue to surprise me
Silver Surfer 44 is moving close to $100 in raw several $75 raw sales and higher.
Booster Gold 1 - I have no idea why this book is still selling well.
Infinity Gauntlet sales have come back up again. High grade rules though.

Shaolin Cowboy continues to hold value and sell well.
X-Men 266 has seen a nice surge the last weeks with some very nice raw sales over $100

Kraven's Hunt Single issues are doing very well as well as sets.
Justice League Annual 2 doing well also.

Just out of curiousity because I don't keep up with the cost of slabbing a modern/copper now can anyone tell me the cost now?

The reason I ask is unless the cost of slabbing has gotten much cheaper there are ton of people losing money selling slabs when they sell them. Either they cant grade, think auctions are where the money is at or they are just plain dumb. I couldn't believe the number of slabs I saw selling for less then $35 + shipping.

Someone give me the number on what the cost to slab/with shipping so I know the next time I am checking sales.  

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Just out of curiousity because I don't keep up with the cost of slabbing a modern/copper now can anyone tell me the cost now?

The reason I ask is unless the cost of slabbing has gotten much cheaper there are ton of people losing money selling slabs when they sell them. Either they cant grade, think auctions are where the money is at or they are just plain dumb. I couldn't believe the number of slabs I saw selling for less then $35 + shipping.

Someone give me the number on what the cost to slab/with shipping so I know the next time I am checking sales.  

$20...+ shipping to and from and any insurance non fast track...

19 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How long have you been doing this again?  :baiting:

JK.... Nothing but love and thanks for the updates :hi:

Edited by Aweandlorder

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It cost $20 + $36 shipping back, $18 shipping there, $8 paper form, for 6 books that's $182 ÷6 about $30 per book at most....

So from My house to CGC and back for a modern/copper is $30 each or does the cost drop below that for larger submissions. Ive only every submitted like 3 or 4 at time and the last few times I have let someone else submit for me.

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:
22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How long have you been doing this again?  :baiting:

JK.... Nothing but love and thanks for the updates :hi:

Too long, but I don't slab very often only when I am sure its a money maker I don't like to gamble when I submit books.

Id just like to know the bare cost so I can look at sale and determine if the lost their :censored: or not.

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Too long, but I don't slab very often only when I am sure its a money maker I don't like to gamble when I submit books.

Id just like to know the bare cost so I can look at sale and determine if the lost their :censored: or not.

Losing on slabs has been a long tradition on the bay. Of course, most will tell you that its being offset by getting high prices on other slabs. But to me that NEVER made sense.

Modern pre-screen is the way to go with slabs. Then all the rejects get auctioned at 5.00 a pop so you always win

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Losing on slabs has been a long tradition on the bay. Of course, most will tell you that its being offset by getting high prices on other slabs. But to me that NEVER made sense.

Modern pre-screen is the way to go with slabs. Then all the rejects get auctioned at 5.00 a pop so you always win

I agree its the only way I go as well.

Moderns off the shelf should be fairly easy to screen yourself. I cannot grade worth a damn and I can handle that much (I think).

My subscription ran out on 9/4 and I have not yet gotten another as I am only now getting enough books to send in again. That is the best way to save money on slabbing, delayed renewal of the subscription!

Before I lucked into a big collection my standards were much lower for slabbing. Turning a dollar book into a $40-$50 book was worth it if I had nothing into the book but that way you likely have to sell them ALL to make a profit.

I don't sub that often and especially not moderns. But if I do sub, it's only 4-6 books same as @fastballspecial..... 

And fastball, I guess you only slab to sell? I slab so that I don't have to worry about condition anymore, or I'm getting SS, hence why I don't sub that often. Usually the books I buy are already high enough in price that I prefer to buy graded....

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't sub that often and especially not moderns. But if I do sub, it's only 4-6 books same as @fastballspecial..... 

And fastball, I guess you only slab to sell? I slab so that I don't have to worry about condition anymore, or I'm getting SS, hence why I don't sub that often. Usually the books I buy are already high enough in price that I prefer to buy graded....

Probably about 90% of the time now. I don't believe in keeping my books in a slabs that a personal choice as I just read new issues or trades anymore. 

My personal collection has mostly been converted into my kids college funds so my personal collecting has gone way down as I get older. I don't want to burden my family with my comics when I am gone.  So years ago I made the personal decision to start liquidating my collection and converting into mutual funds for my kids for college. It hurt at first, but now years later when I look at the dollar cost averaging of my kids funds it was well worth it.

After 20 years or so of just collecting and reading the last 10-15 years I am at the opposite end. Both are enjoyable. I like selling just as much as I did when I was strictly collecting and reading. Don't get me wrong I still love a good story, but I have enjoyed the other end of selling and helping others meet their personal collecting goals.

40 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Probably about 90% of the time now. I don't believe in keeping my books in a slabs that a personal choice as I just read new issues or trades anymore. 

My personal collection has mostly been converted into my kids college funds so my personal collecting has gone way down as I get older. I don't want to burden my family with my comics when I am gone.  So years ago I made the personal decision to start liquidating my collection and converting into mutual funds for my kids for college. It hurt at first, but now years later when I look at the dollar cost averaging of my kids funds it was well worth it.

After 20 years or so of just collecting and reading the last 10-15 years I am at the opposite end. Both are enjoyable. I like selling just as much as I did when I was strictly collecting and reading. Don't get me wrong I still love a good story, but I have enjoyed the other end of selling and helping others meet their personal collecting goals.

Well that's interesting :) I appreciate that you put other's first! I think it is admirable, especially that it goes beyond family. 

I haven't sold a lot. If I did, I don't believe I'd make a profit on much. A few items I have then have increased in value, but I haven't been around long enough to flip anything. 

Come to think of it I should buy more comics as reading material, but I'm not a run collector. I tend to buy older books and read then get them graded. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Some Copperish books selling well lately.

Planet of the Symbiotes is selling well again. - The Venom Movie has helped it.
Single Late Miracleman issues sell well for me priced right

Several Marvel Age issues are now selling well. Many 1st appearances have finally been recognized in many 
of those books.

Comics Scene 2 is really selling well as well.
Marvel Fumetti is another book to keep a look out for.
Alf 48 continues its climb. Hate that book never find it.
Web of Spider-man 18 prices continue to surprise me
Silver Surfer 44 is moving close to $100 in raw several $75 raw sales and higher.
Booster Gold 1 - I have no idea why this book is still selling well.
Infinity Gauntlet sales have come back up again. High grade rules though.

Shaolin Cowboy continues to hold value and sell well.
X-Men 266 has seen a nice surge the last weeks with some very nice raw sales over $100

Kraven's Hunt Single issues are doing very well as well as sets.
Justice League Annual 2 doing well also.

Though I'm a huge Shaolin Cowboy fan, but I always wondered why Doc Frankenstein doesn't pull cash. 

Creators of the Matrix, Skroce, a small print run, and released with the popular Shaolin Cowboy 1st series.  Seems like a recipe for success. 

Planet of the Symbiotes are so volatile.  Another book I enjoy. 

Patrick