• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
16 hours ago, Every Day A Story said:
18 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Oh for 's sake. Really? Hulk 418?

At this point, I'm starting to think Fiege is trawling through the most obscure books to troll us...

I've always thought it a compelling conspiracy theory that these guys secretly look for these obscure characters, have their lackeys buy up all their appearances on the cheap, and then use those characters in pop culture to make a killing on down the line. 

Call me crazy, but it's something *I* would do, if I were in that position.

:D

It's like the comic book version of insider trading lol 

On 9/6/2018 at 4:06 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The problem with that is that you have to take a character that's obscure enough, and then do something that's compelling enough for people to care.

Maybe for a non-big 2. Nothing has been done with this character but be announced in a Marvel movie and it went from $1 bin to $20.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:29 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Oh for 's sake. Really? Hulk 418?

Sold two already - I bet you have a hundred of them! :grin:

Make that three! :acclaim:

Edited by divad

On 9/6/2018 at 10:19 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've always thought it a compelling conspiracy theory that these guys secretly look for these obscure characters, have their lackeys buy up all their appearances on the cheap, and then use those characters in pop culture to make a killing on down the line. 

Call me crazy, but it's something *I* would do, if I were in that position.

:D

The real problem is that you'd be better off working minimum wage for a week . . . lol

6 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes, and you can make some extra lunch money that way, but it's not going to make you rich.

Truth be told, unless you're some BSD in the business, it's mostly about lunch money . . . :grin: 

Sometimes they can be really nice lunches, but they're still lunches. lol

2 hours ago, divad said:

Truth be told, unless you're some BSD in the business, it's mostly about lunch money . . . :grin: 

Until they buy the movie rights to your creation. Although I get the feeling that with so much entertainment getting pumped out by Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, cable channels, etc. That they're not paying as much as they used to. 

4 hours ago, the blob said:

Until they buy the movie rights to your creation. Although I get the feeling that with so much entertainment getting pumped out by Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, cable channels, etc. That they're not paying as much as they used to. 

If you go back to the first post that started this string of quotes, it was in reference to s creator picking an obscure character and buying up their first appearance as an investment. That implies a character that someone else created, since if you were the creator you would have already failed to make that character relevant (considering it's obscure). And since that mostly happens in the context where a corp owns the rights, it's not going to make a huge difference if you are the creator anyway.

10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If you go back to the first post that started this string of quotes, it was in reference to s creator picking an obscure character and buying up their first appearance as an investment. That implies a character that someone else created, since if you were the creator you would have already failed to make that character relevant (considering it's obscure). And since that mostly happens in the context where a corp owns the rights, it's not going to make a huge difference if you are the creator anyway.

I was responding to a post indictating that in general most of the creative talent is working for lunch money. Jim zub's journal is really interesting reading on this issue.

On 9/8/2018 at 5:00 PM, divad said:

Perfectly said David