• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Original Human Torch

21 posts in this topic

Interesting. I've never heard anything about that. confused-smiley-013.gif

It did happen by 1966, though. The Original Human Torch actually appears during the Silver Age in at least once that I know of. In FF Annual # 4 there is a new story in which he is revived by the Mad Thinker and progammed to do battle against Johnny Storm.

Interesting. The Original Human Torch actually appears during the Silver Age in at least once that I know of. In FF Annual # 4 there is a new story in which he is revived by the Mad Thinker and progammed to do battle against Johnny Storm.

I have that issue and I'm guessing that it was circa 1966 but it hardly did the character any justice. I just emailed Marvel with the idea and hopefully they will give it some thought. A new and improved version would make for a good new series or possibly a new Marvel Mystery/Tales of Suspense format where the issue is shared with another character? What can I say I'm a Marvel fan.

Interesting. The Original Human Torch actually appears during the Silver Age in at least once that I know of. In FF Annual # 4 there is a new story in which he is revived by the Mad Thinker and progammed to do battle against Johnny Storm.

I have that issue and I'm guessing that it was circa 1966 but it hardly did the character any justice. I just emailed Marvel with the idea and hopefully they will give it some thought. A new and improved version would make for a good new series or possibly a new Marvel Mystery/Tales of Suspense format where the issue is shared with another character? What can I say I'm a Marvel fan.

Yes it can be shared with Namor, but Marvel will insist that it be manga. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wish that Marvel would give their own history a little more credit.

It's nice to see that they are finally issuing a Masterwork volume reprinting some GA Marvel Mystery issues, but it seems to me like it's just a start. Considering the stellar performance of Timelys you'd think there would be a market for re-issues of some more of their classic material. It would also be great to see some new stories for some of their classic characters- and the original Human Torch would be a great place to start.

I'll keep my fingers crossed...

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey a Namor/Torch series would be awesome. I say everyone who thinks its a good idea drop Marvel an email on their website. Who knows if they get 20 messages it will be hard for them not to table it at their regular brainstorming sessions and if they do bring him back you can say your were partly responsible. Send those emails.

Actually if anyone knows how to set up a link to their website we should start a new thread and get people to send out those emails. I can't imagine that too many people would think that this is a bad idea? confused-smiley-013.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif We need some heavy hitters to lend a hand as maybe that will get someone's attention?

Surfer, I don't know if you have it in your collection , but check out Submariner# 14 Torch vs. Subby isssue !!! It turns out to be Toro ,but what the hey!!! Classsic Cover also IMO!!!!

Surfer, I don't know if you have it in your collection , but check out Submariner# 14 Torch vs. Subby isssue !!! It turns out to be Toro ,but what the hey!!! Classsic Cover also IMO!!!!

You know I don't so I will have to pick this up. Send those emails. thumbsup2.gif

It won't be the same unless they have the busy front covers trouncing Nazis and Hitler. I don't know if Marvel will go for swastikas on the front covers...

I really don't know what the point of that would be? That's history and that's where it belongs but I'm sure they could build a joint series around the Torch and the Sub-Mariner especially if they got the right artist to do it. It would be kind of neat to see him trying to adjust to the modern world. Perhaps they could tie it in with the eventual return of the Vision and make him an Avenger? Build him out of admantium?

Send Marvel those emails as it took me all but 10 seconds to do.

It was the 1948 version so I passed. Its actually on Metro's site and frown.gif I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag until I got clarification. Take a look at it if you have a chance. Its a small scan but it sure looks like the 1941 cover?

Metro uses mostly stock photos (not the photo of the comic they are selling) It seems they just linked the wrong stock photo to the listing.

Has anyone ever read or heard an interview from Stan Lee over the years explaining why he elected to not revive the Human Torch during the early Siver Age years? Maybe the time is right for a revival and a new series? I would buy it.

Saga from mid 90's and (Timely Presents) The Human Torch 1999

557449-Saga%20of%20the%20Original%20Human%20Torch.gif

557449-The%20Human%20Torch.gif

589a8ccd3e428_557449-TheHumanTorch.gif.496f7770190ca913b854d6e3b8337f2c.gif

Has anyone ever read or heard an interview from Stan Lee over the years explaining why he elected to not revive the Human Torch during the early Siver Age years? Maybe the time is right for a revival and a new series? I would buy it.

Saga from mid 90's and (Timely Presents) The Human Torch 1999

557449-Saga%20of%20the%20Original%20Human%20Torch.gif

557449-The%20Human%20Torch.gif

Man if they can't leverage the Torch on a full time series, or even on a shared basis with Namor, then they might as well close shop. They could sell good numbers just on the strength of cool covers.

Well I had no idea that the Invaders would include the return of the original Human Torch but after looking at issue #1 I'm a little disappointed. What issues cover parts 1-3 of "Once an Invader" which continues in Invaders #0? How does the Torch come alive again and what timeline is this set in? The Torch flares up for all but 3 panels and the depiction of him is just terrible. frown.gif

Well I had no idea that the Invaders would include the return of the original Human Torch but after looking at issue #1 I'm a little disappointed. What issues cover parts 1-3 of "Once an Invader" which continues in Invaders #0? How does the Torch come alive again and what timeline is this set in? The Torch flares up for all but 3 panels and the depiction of him is just terrible. frown.gif

I haven't read the new Invaders series yet, but didn't John Byrne bring the Human Torch back already, about 10 years ago, in West Coast Avengers? I thought he was still around and was left wandering around the countryside.....