• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This sucks about spiderman

226 posts in this topic

50th anniversary this year, he'll be back.

I stopped reading the title a few years back. But if I didn't this would be a great jumping off point for me when the title changes to Superior Spider-Man, now that really sucks!

Marvel is trying to light a fire and get Spider sales back up again. Amazing Spider-Man isn't even a top 10 seller anymore. That's what Marvel gets for the post-One More Day fiasco of publishing 3 ASMs a month and having writer-artist teams that were constantly shuffling in and out. It turned to .

So desperate times call for desperate deeds. In this case, kill off Peter Parker.

Marvel is trying to light a fire and get Spider sales back up again. Amazing Spider-Man isn't even a top 10 seller anymore. That's what Marvel gets for the post-One More Day fiasco of publishing 3 ASMs a month and having writer-artist teams that were constantly shuffling in and out. It turned to .

So desperate times call for desperate deeds. In this case, kill off Peter Parker.

20 bucks says the new Spidey will be Parker's off spring ( and a mutant )......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

20 bucks says the new Spidey will be Parker's off spring ( and a mutant )......GOD BLESS....

I was thinking Pete would come back de-aged somehow, seeing how marvel seems to think an awkward, teenage Peter Parker is the only spider-man worth reading about.

I'll take that bet.

You sir, owe me $20 :whee:

Good call by Marvel. Let's take a classic character and destroy it further to it's foundation. I would like to hear Stan Lee's thoughts on this atrocity. Perhaps death threats to Slott are extreme, but he should be tarred & feathered. I'm glad I stopped reading current stuff. Not only did prices get out of control, they had to have 9 million spin-offs. One would go bankrupt just trying to follow one character. Oh, and "Superior" Spider-man, really???? How many board meetings and writing retreats were there over picking that title? Ugh, this is making me want to change my S/N, but I'm a fan of the classic Spidey given to us by Papa-Stan.

Spideymanfan, I am with you. What Marvel has done with its titles generally is ridiculous, but this (the "killing" of PP) is sheer stupidity. Or maybe we're older and sound like grumpy old men, and teen readers love what they're doing. Either way, I gave up reading ASM about 2 years ago, weak writing and weaker artwork. (Not to mention the "revolving door" creative teams to meet the 3x a month publication schedule.)

Disappointed...

This was Slott giving a big F.U. to everyone who said that the OMD storyline destroyed the character. It was like he raised his middle finger to the readers and he said, "You want to REALLY see me screw with people? Watch this."

I was just coming here to see if I had missed something as Stan Lee had a "goodbye Spidey" post on his FB today.

I cancelled all of my subscriptions recently and haven't been in touch with new books at all. I wonder how far up the line this decision was made. Quesada? Disney? It reeks of Quesada to me. Plus, there's the David Gabriel (Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel) quote about killing a main character every quarter. No love or respect for characters, continuity, or storytelling, just chasing a buck.

Maybe this is a good thing. After the "One More Day" debacle it might be a good chance to just start from scratch for the ninth time in the last year...

You mean Ben Reilly is back?

Disappointed...

This was Slott giving a big F.U. to everyone who said that the OMD storyline destroyed the character. It was like he raised his middle finger to the readers and he said, "You want to REALLY see me screw with people? Watch this."

......look at the bright side, .....ten years from now he'll be a washed up has-been and no one will even remember who he is.....unless they stumble onto several copies of his "masterpiece" in the 25 cent boxes. I quit reading ASM when they killed Gwen.....for a LONG time. Stern and JRJR healed my wounds after a spell.....oh, well......rant over......where's that middle finger icon when you need it lol GOD BLESS...

Disappointed...

......look at the bright side, .....ten years from now he'll be a washed up has-been and no one will even remember who he is.....unless they stumble onto several copies of his "masterpiece" in the 25 cent boxes. I quit reading ASM when they killed Gwen.....for a LONG time. Stern and JRJR healed my wounds after a spell.....oh, well......rant over......where's that middle finger icon when you need it lol GOD BLESS...

You know, that's the weird part. I was irritated with the change to the black Spidey costume. I hated the death of Superman. I despised the breaking of Batman. But now, there's a weird nostalgia to all of those runs. I enjoy finding HG copies and getting some CGC SS'd. I was involved with those, though. I collected the titles before the big events were ever alluded to. Now, I'm an outsider looking in and while I won't have any attachment to the story lines, today's readers (there are still readers, right?) will and will probably hunt down these books like hunt down the ones I so loathed in the past.

No it's doc ocks mind in Petes body. Petes mind died in doc ocks body. Doc ock wants to be a hero now. I'm glad I stopped reading new marvel last year.

Is this supposed to be funny? Or is that genuinely what's going on?

No joke

:roflmao:

I want whatever they're smoking!