• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Mechanika cancelled....sort of.

52 posts in this topic

So according to the publisher the series has been cancelled. On Facebook the creator Joe Benitez says the book, while technically cancelled, has assured fan's issue 4 is very much on track. (Even though issue 3 was released June 29th 2011)

How patient should fan's be?

I gave up on this stupid book about 8 months ago after the 47th variant cover for issue #0 came out. I have been a long time admirer of Joe's artwork, but if he just wants to do pinup covers of steampunk girls, he needs to take a page out of J Scott Campbell's playbook and hire other artists to do his interiors.

I gave up on this stupid book about 8 months ago after the 47th variant cover for issue #0 came out. I have been a long time admirer of Joe's artwork, but if he just wants to do pinup covers of steampunk girls, he needs to take a page out of J Scott Campbell's playbook and hire other artists to do his interiors.
^^

Joe Mad! Can't finish a book to save his life either. Still waiting on the next Battle Chasers lol

lol

I really liked Joe Mad's stuff, too - but damn, it's a downer when they don't put out anything.

well. he should publish them as an "event" sort of book to justify them coming out every 6 months. 64-96 pages, some phat cover price, 20 pages of story by him, lots of pin-ups, and then some LM or otherwise steampunky stories by other artists to fill out the rest. 12 badjillion variant covers, of course.

Joe Mad! Can't finish a book to save his life either. Still waiting on the next Battle Chasers lol

lol

I really liked Joe Mad's stuff, too - but damn, it's a downer when they don't put out anything.

I fell victim to Avenging Spider-man, Joe made it 3 issues. :facepalm:

When I first got back into the hobby several years ago I asked one of my local dealers for advice. He jumped up behind the counter and proclaimed:

"Don't get into that variant mess"

lol

I'm surprised to hear that from a dealer

He meant that they were gimmicks, as in "how do we make modern books 'scarce' while still selling more books".

I understand that, but as a dealer if he can sell you three, six maybe ten of the same book, sometimes at crazy prices, he's not doing a good job telling anyone to avoid them.

I'm surprised to hear that from a dealer

He meant that they were gimmicks, as in "how do we make modern books 'scarce' while still selling more books".

I understand that, but as a dealer if he can sell you three, six maybe ten of the same book, sometimes at crazy prices, he's not doing a good job telling anyone to avoid them.

Business-wise I agree. At the time I took it as a moment of stark clarity and honesty, as a sign of friendship maybe, and maybe also a sign of weariness with the whole thing. (shrug)

At any rate I took the advice.