• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #700

316 posts in this topic

According to a Dan Slott tweet the 1st appearance of Superior Spiderman is Daredevil #21. Curious to see what a cgc slab says.

Slott can say that. Len Wein could say Hulk 180 is the first appearance of Wolverine and Michelinie could say the first appearance of Venom is Web 18, but it's the market that will ultimately decide. Frankly, like Web 18, are people really going to care about the DD 21 one panel, 'in shadows' appearance?

698 isn't the first superior spider-man not trying to burst your bubble.

Last page of 700 he states it, something like "from this day forth I will be the superior spider-man mwahahahha or some spoon.!

Larry's bubble is ok. 698 is the first appearance of the 'character'; Avenging 15.1 is the first appearance of a costume.

ASM 698 is the 1st appearance of Doc Ock in Spideys body. To the majority of readers that's the 1st appearance of superior Spidey. 2c

The rest is just story symantics. Doc Ock is in Peter's body with all his memories in 698 and then in 700 he remembers memories he already had access to in 698, but now it's somehow different?!?

The Daredevil tweets about it being his 1st appearance seem like bait for speculators to bite on. i.e. a ploy to sell more Daredevil comics. Marketing 101. 2c

ASM 698 is the 1st appearance of Doc Ock in Spideys body. To the majority of readers that's the 1st appearance of superior Spidey. 2c

The rest is just story symantics. Doc Ock is in Peter's body with all his memories in 698 and then in 700 he remembers memories he already had access to in 698, but now it's somehow different?!?

The Daredevil tweets about it being his 1st appearance seem like bait for speculators to bite on. i.e. a ploy to sell more Daredevil comics. Marketing 101. 2c

ASM #698 is the 1st time he admits this, he was Doc Ock is Spideys body in #697 as well and more before that. #700 is the 1st with the new complete mind.

This is going to get confusing :ohnoez:

So why in the hell is the regular issue of this $7.99 cover price? I was thinking about picking up a copy just to read and once I saw that I threw it back down laughing.

The book is over 100 pages long so that is why it is so expensive. It is also why they seem like they'll be tough to find in high grades because of the binding of the huge book.

Cost on it at Midtown was ~ $200 before they sold out....i tried to get in on one but missed out.

$170 online.

I wanted to order but heard bad thing about their packaging and customer service. Now people recieved their orders and no one reported any problems i feel so stupid. I expected the Ditko cover to be hot but not a $1k book within a week.

Hope the prices drop after the hype dies down or i'll never live with myself :cry:

The market will not be flooded with 9.8's, that's a guarantee. I've yet to see a copy in person or on eBay, and even by other owners that do not have the infamous corner binding damage from a book this size. 9.8's will be scarce and go for a pretty penny. I have 40 copies myself ranging from the regular cover to all the variants and sadly I don't think i have anything higher than a 9.6.

I just saw an ASM 698 variant 9.8 SS Stan Lee sell on eBay for $218.00. Regardless of what we all think, this will be a valuable CGC series for the modern collector. I'd love to have a 9.8 of all issue and variants 698-700. 15.1, and dd21

Btw, all my copies were obtained all over the country. Some from a bunch of different LCS, some from Midtown, some from Discount Comics, some from eBay.

The market will not be flooded with 9.8's, that's a guarantee. I've yet to see a copy in person or on eBay, and even by other owners that do not have the infamous corner binding damage from a book this size. 9.8's will be scarce and go for a pretty penny. I have 40 copies myself ranging from the regular cover to all the variants and sadly I don't think i have anything higher than a 9.6.

this is an accurate assessment. i have been running all over the place the last two days to different malls and book stores. i could not find one single news stand ASM 700 version that did not have significant or some degree of damage right in the middle of the spine, along with some degree (worse or better) of bindery tears at the very bottom.

but what about folks like Larry who get the direct version delivered to your door step case fresh sealed? how are the direct verisons prospects looking? i heard from several sellers in big quantity that have also said they have not seen a single news stand version that would slab a 9.8.

all the CGC 9.8 pre-sells i have come across are also for the direct version. so with all this said, if you were going to speculate and jump on a pre-order today, what do you think a fair price would be?

this phenom on ASM 700 is very familiar to the bagged death of superman comic as well. its not like you could break these out all day long and get 9.8's.

it seems like the ditko variant though in 9.8 slab will be > the plat variant death of superman 9.8 slab

lastly, when all is said and done, will there be a premium on a CGC 9.8 news stand version vs. the CGC 9.8 direct version?

What is the difference between direct and newsstand?

the difference is on the bottom right corner/white box area. the news stand version has a smaller bar code and to the left of it; states "news stand version" it also has the rating and price along with marvel.com. also on the right side, it states "display until 2/05/2013"

the direct version has a longer bar code and everything is written to the right.