• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #700

316 posts in this topic

Granted, there's less of an incentive to slab it, but Thor 600 had similar corner issues (bending and/or tearing) and its limited census data has a 2:1 9.6 to 9.8 ratio. ASM 700 may not be an easy 9.8.

I preordered every single cover and the only ones I have I feel confident are 9.8 are the regular and the Midtown.

Granted, I'm not skilled at figuring out this sort of thing, but it seems like by using the thinner paper throughout the issue, the book suffered less pronounced tears than the other recent oversized issues (such as my oft cited Thor 600).

I think if they went super thick and squarebound it'd have been perfect, but such is Marvel.

I don't get why Marvel didn't do it on a nicer paper stock. Or why they didn't put a squire binding on it. I love those old squire annuals from years ago.
$$$. The book sold out with cheap stock. Why eat profits by spending more? But I also like the square bound books.

The book is brand new. Of course NOW is NOT the time to be buying if you are into that sort of thing. There will be plenty of 9.8s available, just a matter of time. Set yourself up for the price you are willing to pay for one (or more) and stick to your guns.

Marathon people, not a sprint.

Took me almost 6 months, but i finally landed The Walking Dead Regular Cover Variant Set (10 covers) in 9.8 @$25 each.

BE PATIENT. (i know that is not easy to do for us)

The book is brand new. Of course NOW is NOT the time to be buying if you are into that sort of thing. There will be plenty of 9.8s available, just a matter of time. Set yourself up for the price you are willing to pay for one (or more) and stick to your guns.

Took me almost 6 months, but i finally landed The Walking Dead Regular Cover Variant Set (10 covers) in 9.8 @$25 each.

I think the mistake you're making is trying to apply reason to the variant market.

Whenever I think of multiple variants of the same issue, I always think of Darkness 11 and the fervor around that issue, especially the chromium cover. And the almost immediate deflation thereafter.

Then, mainstream variants starting happening, and keeping value. Batman 608 RRP, ASM 678, to an extent ASM 583.

I think, for the most part, this is a book that will come down. I don't think it's going to stay at the $30-ish level it's currently operating, but I think the Ditko cover has more staying power than people are giving it credit for. Maybe not $1,000 staying power, but it's not going to be a $25 issue anytime soon, either.

I think the mistake you're making is trying to apply reason to the variant market.

Whenever I think of multiple variants of the same issue, I always think of Darkness 11 and the fervor around that issue, especially the chromium cover. And the almost immediate deflation thereafter.

Then, mainstream variants starting happening, and keeping value. Batman 608 RRP, ASM 678, to an extent ASM 583.

I think, for the most part, this is a book that will come down. I don't think it's going to stay at the $30-ish level it's currently operating, but I think the Ditko cover has more staying power than people are giving it credit for. Maybe not $1,000 staying power, but it's not going to be a $25 issue anytime soon, either.

I would assume the Ditko cover will go for $100-$200...... Just like the plat superman 75

I can remember snagging Superman Platinums for $25 a few years back and then flipping them a year or two later in the $120 - $150 range on eBay. If they bring Peter back, I can see the Ditko variant following the same type fall, but likely not so low as there should be fewer copies out there overall.

Granted, there's less of an incentive to slab it, but Thor 600 had similar corner issues (bending and/or tearing) and its limited census data has a 2:1 9.6 to 9.8 ratio. ASM 700 may not be an easy 9.8.

It won't be an easy 9.8, but with a 250K print run, it'll make it up on volume.

I'm sick of moderns being so hard to find in grade. Marvel knows most of these variants are being sold to collectors. Who else can afford a 1 in 200 variant. It seems they all have the bindary tears :(

IMO CGC shouldn't just give these 9.8's because they all have them. Look at Wolverine 35 and how long it took for a 9.8 to show up because of the production defect.

I can remember snagging Superman Platinums for $25 a few years back and then flipping them a year or two later in the $120 - $150 range on eBay. If they bring Peter back, I can see the Ditko variant following the same type fall, but likely not so low as there should be fewer copies out there overall.

I'd say Marvel will bring back Peter in a year or two...... Of all the Spidey books out there, thers no Peter (even ultimate Peter was killed off) So, even if Doc Oct looks like and acts like Peter, readers would still know, its not Peter....

Anybody wanna bet that they'll bring back Peter before/during Amazing Spider-Man movie 2 comes out in the movies???

The human body = Peter's

The organs inside of it = Peter's

The memories in the brain = Peters (and Doc's)

There is no doubt that even right now "Peter isn't dead".

There is also an octobot with peters mind still embedded in it.

The same cant be said about Doc for the most part. So for all those news articles and such claiming "Peter is dead" doesn't know how comic storylines work. I'm more concerned about Doc Ock when this is all said and done. We might have a book (ASM 700) where the physical form of doc Ock is finally dead after 50 years. Hopefully Dan Slott doesn't try to reanimate his corpse or something.

would still like to know what kind of tech can transfer someone's soul to another body...outside of doctor strange. I think i saw it once in a twilight zone episode...and didn't the red skull transfer himself into captain america's body?