• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #700

316 posts in this topic

We got in 4600+ copies. The regular cover issue came in cases of 90 copies each. We got in roughly 36 sealed cases...there was not 1 copy that was a "dead ringer" for a 9.8....on the regular variants we got in 3 cases of each...same thing. And some of these cases looked mint on the outside. Those top and bottom spines are tough to get not chipped. Maybe one will look good then the other one looks terrible. I can't see there being many 9.8 's out there.

There will be a ton of 9.8's. The bindery tears will not hold most of them from that grade. Went to two Graham Crackers today and their shelves are still packed with the standard cover. The only variant that will hold any value is the 1:200.

Nope. The binder damage observed on all the ASM 700's will not pass as 9.8's. can you show me any high print run comics of this size with the same damage that "cgc didn't observe" as a defect and got 9.8? I don't know how you could say the damage on most of these would not count towards the grade...if that was the case then I would officially drop graded books. Unless cgc observes them as factory flaws and if that's the case then I feel bad for those dishing out the money they are for the Ditko variants. Im observing lower BIN prices of those with more noticeable corner damage over those with less.

They will be considered factory flawed. The sheer number of variants, print run and flippers will prevent these books from long term value. Again, save the Ditko.

do you have any examples of this kind of scenario? i am trying to understand why would the genesis of the flaw matter? whether it is factory related, color issue, etc. there have been several comics, like HOS 92 that took nearly a decade for a 9.8 to finally surface because of the well known documented problems with the cover on that one.

They will be considered factory flawed. The sheer number of variants, print run and flippers will prevent these books from long term value. Again, save the Ditko.

How so? How would you grade any of them different if they are factory flawed by physical damage like this? Would there be a higher chance of a 9.9 from one with a tiny bit of damage opposed to the standard damage if it got a 9.8?

I don't see any possible way cgc could let this kind of damage not reflect on the grade.

so what you are saying is there "might" (and that's a strong, might) be a couple 9.8's with some noticeable damage (though cgc should never allow that to happen). ASM 700 by no means will be flooded with 9.8's. I bet the regular cover 9.8 will sell for a high cost and will retain its value because of the rarity of 9.8's.

And did cgc consider the saga/bedlam factory flaws or was this your observation/opinion?

so what you are saying is there "might" (and that's a strong, might) be a couple 9.8's with some noticeable damage (though cgc should never allow that to happen). ASM 700 by no means will be flooded with 9.8's. I bet the regular cover 9.8 will sell for a high cost and will retain its value because of the rarity of 9.8's.

Not damage. Graded on a curve. With so many variants, hard to imagine many of these will break $50 for a 9.8 two years from now. Just my opinion (thumbs u

i could see the point on the bindery tears especially it its more slight and what not and making a 9.8 cut.

but i looked at a little under two hundred, all news stand versions, and every single one of them had a mash like dent mark in the middle or upper middle spine area. some more worse than others, but i could not get one without this issue.

i could see the point on the bindery tears especially it its more slight and what not and making a 9.8 cut.

but i looked at a little under two hundred, all news stand versions, and every single one of them had a mash like dent mark in the middle or upper middle spine area. some more worse than others, but i could not get one without this issue.

I would agree anything besides the bindery tears would bring it down for sure.

The thing about the flaws on this book is reminding me of the Ultimate Spider-man 1 White that had that indent on every single copy in the exact same place. There are lots of 9.8s out there, so I a m thinking CGC grades on a "curve".

Its widely known that they grade on a curve. Bindery tears or defects don't really impact the grade much if at all. It's mishandling defects that hurt the grade.