• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giving your right nut for modern spidey's. You are gonna miss that nut

11 posts in this topic

Just to drop a note for all those folks on ebay paying outta da you know what for those modern spidey's. I sometimes do that myself if its an issue i really want to have and dont want to go through the trouble of waiting for the next lower priced copy, so i admit up front this is kinda a hypocritical post but man, have you guys noticed prices still going strong for the strangest issues>

I got outbid on 280 with white pages not because of my stupidity that i would not have paid more but because i didnt think it would go past $130 dollars for a 9.8 white pager? Of course, this was too my benefit cuz the next one that sells will prolly go around $100 or less but come on>

To prove my point im not gonna tell ya the back door deal i made on asm 290 white pages but it was way too much to ever recoup its monetary value (though i do think it looks nice stuffed in a dark closet in a cgc box along with all my other comics). but then the next one that sold on ebay went around $65 9.8 white simply because either there was a higher profile modern 9.8 selling and it ended on a holiday when most normal peeps are celebrating with family and drinking rather than scouring ebay for deals.

POINT: Prices on Spidey are way too expensive lately and are they gonna stay that way for awhile?

There's still plenty of demand for that stuff. I've set a Spidey goal that I might reach when I'm 60 (32 years from now, that or I'll kill the goal when the big C occurs =p ) of 165-300 in 9.8 white (or top guide at the time), 103 - 179 in 9.6 white, 51-102 in 9.4 white, 18 - 50 in 9.2 white, and below there I'll work something out that fits with my budget when I get there =p. How far along am I? I have a 130. Thats it. So those books you bought I'll be looking to buy. =)

For my registry set I stick with 9.4's or better for issues #150 and up. Below that I will pick up what ever copy suits my budget. I want a complete CGC run of #1-328, but I don't have to have the best of the best as the price difference just doesn't justify me paying 2X-10 times 9.4 guide.

Good Luck though for those that want to pay $$$$$ for 9.8's thumbsup2.gif

9.8s aren't so bad for 200 up, with the exception being the keys.

ASM 200 9.8 W just went for $200ish on eBay. Wasn't looking to buy so didn't do any research to see if I would want to pay that, but thats well within my budget. Course, I also can't stop myself from wanting a VF and up raw run of the series. I think I'll be buying ASMs until I die.

I think my wife paid about $35 for a CGC 9.4 ASM #200 so $200 for an isssue that looks only slightly better to me just doesn't make sense.

Fortunately it's not my money or collection so we all have to do what's right for us.....my plan isn't better than anyone elses, I just like to get value for my money and for me, that caps out at the 9.4 level.

893naughty-thumb.gifTo prove my point I'm not gonna tell ya the back door deal i made on asm 290 white pages but it was way too much to ever recoup its monetary value

....The deal was the the average selling price for a #290 in 9.8 at the time...$99.00,...if I remember correctly you offered to pay $175.00 for it and I felt that price was too high,...so I saved you $75.00......I can't help it if the auction sold for less than the average ($61.00)...that's the way E-bay works...it fluctuates

893naughty-thumb.gifTo prove my point I'm not gonna tell ya the back door deal i made on asm 290 white pages but it was way too much to ever recoup its monetary value

....The deal was the the average selling price for a #290 in 9.8 at the time...$99.00,...if I remember correctly you offered to pay $175.00 for it and I felt that price was too high,...so I saved you $75.00......I can't help it if the auction sold for less than the average ($61.00)...that's the way E-bay works...it fluctuates

what's with the arserape prices? Are you purposefully trying to stifle the market? At those prices we just have people gawking. No one is buying, no one is selling... tongue.gif

what's with the arserape prices? Are you purposefully trying to stifle the market? At those prices we just have people gawking. No one is buying, no one is selling... tongue.gif

I'm a christian,...and an honest man,..If I charged anything higher than I would be no better than another unscrupulous Richmond dealer,...and this town has one already,...remember?

...I was offered $175.00 to pull the auction,..I don't ever pull auctions,..but as chance had it I happened to have an extra,..well maybe two extra,...copies of the book,....so I under-counter-offered for $99.00.....cause I'm a nice frickin guy,..and this is the thanks I get...

I'm a christian,...and an honest man,..If I charged anything higher than I would be no better than another unscrupulous Richmond dealer,...and this town has one already,...remember?

...I was offered $175.00 to pull the auction,..I don't ever pull auctions,..but as chance had it I happened to have an extra,..well maybe two extra,...copies of the book,....so I under-counter-offered for $99.00.....cause I'm a nice frickin guy,..and this is the thanks I get...

I'm just busting your chops... my last line was from the Metro post in General on the JLA 1 CGC 9.2 for $27K... foreheadslap.gif

Thx Rocketeer, Im notbithcing at ya. I dont remember offering backdoor deal on that issue that sold for 90, in fact, i didnt even bid on it cuz i already had one but ya, thax for repling to thread

oh and to comment on ending auctions early. everyone here needs to know im a hypocrite on this subject

i hate it when it happens on a book im interested in but love it when i really want the book and it works out. sorry.gif