• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age dreams - they do come true

156 posts in this topic

Ever had a Copper Age book you just cannot track down in decent grade? What was it, and how (if ever) did you track it down?

I recently had the chance to talk with one of the biggest retailers, who is known to stock a huge warehouse of inventory. When I mentioned some books that have given me a hard time over the years, he promised to get back with me. Man, did he ever!

The best examples of these books I have tracked down in over 20 years (off-and-on) in searching.

- Justice Machine Annual 1: 1st Elementals. I need to check if this is also Bill Willingham's 1st professional work before the game books.

- Domino Chance 7-8: 1st cameo and 1st full appearance of Gizmo, in addition to the 1st professional Michael Dooney work.

- Vortex 2: 1st cameo appearance of Mister X. A nightmare to track down without heavy spine stress lines. That cover was just made to be in a CGC case.

34Z86ill.jpg

zXNh6Mgl.jpg

lol

Two of those would make my list as well.

I finally have a NM+ copy of JM Annual. I have 7 or 8 and all have horribly indented staples, including the one I subbed for SS. (9.2). The nice copy I tracked down has the staples off the spine, like yours does.

I bought a 9.2-9.4 copy of Vortex 2 on the Boards last year. By far the nicest copy I have ever owned.

DHP 1 is a dream that has yet to come true, because I absolutely, positively have to find one in the wild in raw NM/M.

My final dream yet to come true is Terminator: Burning Earth #1. I have never pulled one better than NM.

DHP 1 is a dream that has yet to come true, because I absolutely, positively have to find one in the wild in raw NM/M.

How many do you need?

How many do you need?

Will you let me dig through your longboxes so it feels legit?

How many do you need?

Will you let me dig through your longboxes so it feels legit?

My longboxes are like the quarter bin at Milehigh. :(

Caliber #1 was my hard to find Copper book. Nick not only helped me out with that,but set me up with an awesome run of The Crow 1-4 and Caliber Christmas. :cloud9:

Caliberprnts1_fc-1.jpg

My pleasure to help out, good sir.

:foryou:

Above and beyond my friend,above and beyond. (worship)

My final dream yet to come true is Terminator: Burning Earth #1. I have never pulled one better than NM.

hm

hm

I tried to put together a 9.8 set of these years ago... Couldn't do it. (shrug)

Looks like there are no #2 9.8s still...

hm

hm

I tried to put together a 9.8 set of these years ago... Couldn't do it. (shrug)

Looks like there are no #2 9.8s still...

Pretty much every Terminator 2 I have tracked down has that spine front cover white streak, like something rubbed ink off the cover at certain spots.

:frustrated:

my copper dream is still to find a quadrant 1 and macross in a 3 dollar or less bin. i found all the other quadrants, just want number 1

I must have hit the dealer's bin before you showed up. I found your Macross 1.

:o:baiting: