• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

high grade Rare golden age CGC - Price drops! Added FF #30-#50

94 posts in this topic

Menace 11 CGC 4.5 OWW - First Human Robot from Agents of Atlas - $275

This is a respectable copy of the final issue from the Atlas Menace run. This issue is special because of the early John Romita story that features the Human Robot, a character that was resurrected by Don Glut in the classic What if tale, What if the Avengers were from the 1950s. This issue also inspired the more recent interpretation titled Agents of Atlas. Incidentally, the character is aptly named M-11.

menace11.jpg

Men's Adventures 26 CGC 4.0 - First Gorilla Man from Agents of Atlas - $275

Offered here is another "key" Pre-Code horror book because it features the first appearance of a character in Agents of Atlas, Ken Hale the Gorilla Man. This book is tough to find in any condition and is also desirable because of its creepy Russ Heath cover.

men26.jpg

:takeit: both!

:applause:

Buying like a sir!

Menace 11 CGC 4.5 OWW - First Human Robot from Agents of Atlas - $275

This is a respectable copy of the final issue from the Atlas Menace run. This issue is special because of the early John Romita story that features the Human Robot, a character that was resurrected by Don Glut in the classic What if tale, What if the Avengers were from the 1950s. This issue also inspired the more recent interpretation titled Agents of Atlas. Incidentally, the character is aptly named M-11.

menace11.jpg

Men's Adventures 26 CGC 4.0 - First Gorilla Man from Agents of Atlas - $275

Offered here is another "key" Pre-Code horror book because it features the first appearance of a character in Agents of Atlas, Ken Hale the Gorilla Man. This book is tough to find in any condition and is also desirable because of its creepy Russ Heath cover.

men26.jpg

:takeit: both!

^^

Confessions of Love #1 CGC 7.0 - $750

This book is described as having a "Bakerish" cover in the Overstreet guide. This digest comic is incredibly rare. There won't be many opportunities at this one.

confessionoflove.jpg

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. :takeit:

:golfclap: Removed the temptation for me.

:o

Great pickup (thumbs u

War Fury 1 CGC 4.5 - $500

Presents amazingly well for a VG+. War Fury #1 has long been a favorite with War and flame thrower collectors but its under appreciated in general. This classic Don Heck cover was used on the more simplistic and better known, Horrific #3. In my opinion, this gruesome cover blows away its successor.

warfury1.jpg

hm

This book is described as having a "Bakerish" cover in the Overstreet guide. This digest comic is incredibly rare. There won't be many opportunities at this one.

confessionoflove.jpg

:golfclap: Removed the temptation for me.

:o

Great pickup (thumbs u

Thanks Rick, I couldn't swing it when it was on heritage, and have wanted it since.

confessionoflove.jpg

Great pickup! (thumbs u

Michael,

In case you would like to know - out of 325 (universal + ss) graded St. John romance books, there are only two 9.4's - the Pictorial Confessions #3 and a Hollywood Pictorial #3. The highest graded St. John romance book would be a sole 9.6 True Love Pictorial #3.